• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Havent played/posted here in awhile

Rigor Mortis

Smash Journeyman
Havent played brawl in like 4 months. I gathered some friends and started playing again, and i felt like i got better with peach. I wutted. Oh and i havent been in this forum in FOREVER, but thats not important.

Anyway how did you guys play for the first time after a long brawl hiatus?

PS I got worse in melee because i guess it takes a little more finess and you gotta put ur mind to it a lil more to get back again. But no worries im just as good as i was a few months ago.

Pink murder

Smash Ace
☠
I think we need a General Brawl Q&A thread.

Anyway, IMO, I don't think you lose talent. I remember that I stopped playing brawl for months at a time, and every time I got back into it, I still had all of my skill if not more. Now If you want to get better I suggest reading up on the boards and posting more often.
☠

●▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬๑۩۩๑▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬●

Space-knight

Smash Cadet
My wii broke at the beginning of this year. I didn't play brawl for months. It totally stunk. I played melee but the computer is easier in melee, so I actually got worse cause I got so used to the melee computer. Plus there is no online so I couldn't play my friends. So yeah I got worse.

Aibou

Smash Master
I went to NY for a while during the summer, cutting myself off from Brawl the entire time. When I came back, my skill hadn't changed much. I guess I needed a few practice matches to get back into the swing of things, but it didn't take much. So there was really no change for me.'

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
I'm not recommending taking breaks, but... Here in PR, we discussed this a while ago. Since Brawl is easy to get back into compared to Melee, taking breaks is actually BENEFICIAL to your skill. During your 'vacation', it's very likely you'll kill your bad habits and come back with new approaches. Playing different games meanwhile that require techskills and reactions also benefit you while you're on the 'vacation'.

wiitubeaccount

Smash Apprentice
I stopped playing smash for a while a few months after brawl's release because it didn't seem as fun as melée and there were other games I was interested in. But once I got back into it I didn't play so bad and so got interested in the game!

tankzortz

Smash Apprentice
i dont remember much, but i had a four month break. i was bad anyways with ike, and i was the same as before. nothing really changed much.

Top Bottom