• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic North Havenshine Smash 4 Weekly

Havenshine Smash 4 Weekly
Posted by DJ Delta
805 Broadway, Pawtucket, RI
Thursday, March 31, 2016 - 06:00 PM
Until: Thursday, March 31, 2016 - 10:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: America/New_York)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/New_York

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

DJ Delta

Smash Journeyman
Schedule
6:00pm- doors open/sign-ups
7:30 pm- Smash Wii U Singles bracket*

*Please show up 15 minutes before bracket starts in order to be registered. If you are going to be late, please contact someone at the venue, and adjustments can be made, within reason.

Venue:$5
Singles: $3

Payout**...
1st- 55%
2nd-30%
3rd 15%

**If less than 11 players enter singles payout will be 65/35/0.

Rules:
All DLC characters are legal.
Singles: 2 stock, 6 minutes
ALL sets best 2 of 3.
Customs OFF
Stage Strike 1-2-1
3 bans per winning player

After a game, the winner must choose their character, followed by the loser, before stage banning and counter picking take place.

Starters:
Smashville
Battlefield
Final Destination
Lylat Cruise
Town and City

Counterpicks:
Duck Hunt
Wuhu Island
Dreamland
Omega*
Kongo Jungle N64
Peach's Castle
Umbra Clock Tower

*Omega is NOT banned if the player strikes

FREE VENUE with setup (includes system, game and GC adapter)

VENUE ENTRANCE: From the restaurant's main entrance, take a left and head towards the back of the dinning area. Take the stairs down and to left is another small set of stairs to lead to the downstairs gaming area where the tournament will be.

DJ Delta

Smash Journeyman
We have now added Umbra Clock Tower to the list of counterpicks. Bans will remain at 3 and DSR is OFF.

DJ Delta

Smash Journeyman
Sure, basically when after the first game is played the winning player gets ban 3 stages, which basically means that the losing player can take him to any stage not banned. If it happens to go to a game 3, then the wining player of game 2 can now ban 3 stages, and the losing player can take him to whatever is not banned. I hope this helps. Also I will have the stage list on print-outs at the tournament, since the list a bit different from other New England tournaments.

DJ Delta

Smash Journeyman
Note: Payout and entry will actually stay the same till the remainder of the havenshine season. End of March/ Beginning of April. I apologize for the confusion.

Last edited:

Dynamic

Smash Rookie
NNID
paulrocks99
I have a suggestion, I don't know if you can move the weekly to fridays/saturdays because I feel that will fit others schedules which will make new people to come to the tournament and have a good time :) But if you can't I understand and I'm one of the people with a bad schedule for this tournament because it's from 6-10 and it's a school night, plus the really only closest tournament to me (I live in the Warren/Bristol area of RI) but just a suggestion, you don't have to change it since it doesn't fit my schedule though :)

DJ Delta

Smash Journeyman
The main reason why the weekly is on Thursday is due to the fact that the venue unfortunately has another event scheduled on Fridays. However this venue does have a big monthly Smash 4 event every Saturday, this month it is March 26th and starts around 1:00pm for doubles and 3:00 for singles.

Also there some other Smash 4 events nearby that happen on Fridays. There is Common Grounds Smash tournament this Friday at 6:00: http://smashboards.com/threads/mar-11-2016-common-grounds-smash-4-bi-weekly-providence-ri.432779/ . They plan on doing it every other Friday. There is also Platinum City Gaming in Taunton, MA which isn't to far from the Warren/Bristol area. They do melee every week on Friday at 6, and Smash 4 around 7-8 clock. Hope this helps you find some smash events that work better with your schedule.

Most of the NE/RI players use Facebook as a means of posting tournaments and events, but I have been meaning to talk to some so that more events get posted on here as well.

Last edited:

DJ Delta

Smash Journeyman
Could someone please explain how counter picks work? If that's okay.
Someone asked about stage banning recently but I be happy to go into more detail about coutnerpicks as well. Basically after a game the winner can ban 3 stages they do not wish to play on. The losing player can then pick any stage not banned( this is called a counterpick, since normally the player licks a stage to try to counter the opponent). Hope this helps.

Oh on another note, we have plenty of setups so there is usually plenty of time for practice and friendly matches before and after the tournament.

Last edited:

DJ Delta

Smash Journeyman
Yo that stage list though x( come on dj give me an explanation
Me and Craftis and a few other players have been experimenting with stages (during weeklies and not the monthly tournaments) just to see how they play. We usually discuss if the course act actually mertis a trial first before testing it out. Then we gather feedback from players. So far no one has had a problem with any of the stages and we usually go over and change the ruleset after every so often (such as adding extra bans to compensate for the extra stages). Hope this kind of clarifies it. We have been doing it for a while since it seems most the community doesn't really experiment with stages.

Sin Glare

Smash Rookie
NNID
Sin_Glare
Me and Craftis and a few other players have been experimenting with stages (during weeklies and not the monthly tournaments) just to see how they play. We usually discuss if the course act actually mertis a trial first before testing it out. Then we gather feedback from players. So far no one has had a problem with any of the stages and we usually go over and change the ruleset after every so often (such as adding extra bans to compensate for the extra stages). Hope this kind of clarifies it. We have been doing it for a while since it seems most the community doesn't really experiment with stages.
Im fine with it because peaches castle has a low ceiling xD

DJ Delta

Smash Journeyman
This event is just for smash 4. However every Monday night this venue runs melee at around the same time. They also sometimes do PM on Sunday afternoons. So they do run other smash games, just each one kind of has it's own and there are occasional Saturday tournaments for each one.

***Just a reminder, this will be the last weekly before I review the rules such as possibly changing entry from $3 to $5 and possibly looking at the stage list as well. Feel free to give any feedback.

Last edited:

DJ Delta

Smash Journeyman
Just a reminder, this will be the last weekly before I review the rules such as possibly changing entry from $3 to $5 and possibly looking at the stage list as well. Feel free to give any feedback.

iAmMatt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mattgw420
This event is just for smash 4. However every Monday night this venue runs melee at around the same time. They also sometimes do PM on Sunday afternoons. So they do run other smash games, just each one kind of has it's own and there are occasional Saturday tournaments for each one.

***Just a reminder, this will be the last weekly before I review the rules such as possibly changing entry from $3 to $5 and possibly looking at the stage list as well. Feel free to give any feedback.
Is there a place where I can be notified on upcoming melee tournaments like a Facebook page?

Top Bottom