• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Have your roster critiqued by SaturnGamer64

Status
Not open for further replies.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
I have nothing against Tetra. I actually wouldn't mind JUST her, I would actually like it. I was attacking Toon Zelda more than Tetra, Tetra might even be more warranted than Tingle (not really), but she would be fun.

Exactly how I feel about Tetra. It's just Toon Zelda seems a bit lazy. Tingle or Tetra would be my pick for the next Zelda character, and I'd prioritize them over any Fire Emblem Lord or Pokemon newcomer (besides Mewtwo).

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Alright, this is my most recent roster. Have a look.

There are a few characters that I debated adding (Bowser Jr., Ridley, Tingle, Waddle Dee, Shulk, Pac-man etc), but this is the final product that I am most happy with.
I love the icons. My only complaints would be that you have too many Mario characters and that Toad is pretty much ruled out. While Chrom is the most recent lord there is really no reason for him to replace Ike. Ike is the second most popular lord of all and one of the only 3 to appear in 2 games. I don't see what reason a Marth clone could possibly have for replacing this essential lord. I think you've cut a lot of more necessary characters to make room for unnecessary characters. You cut Ike & Snake to make room for characters like Toon Zelda and Andy, which are two characters I don't see likely or necessary in the first place. 4 Donkey Kong Characters, 6 Mario characters, and 5 Zelda characters seems like a little much, I think we should cut those to bring back the more important veterans and size down the roster to a more realistic amount as we are experiencing time constraints and limitations. Other than that it's a good roster.

This is definitely not a copy of my judging thread I made weeks ago
Yes it is :chuckle:

I feel if we even got a 6th Pokemon character (which is still a lot) it would be Genesect, the hot movie star and Mewtwo's new rival. And again 6 slots for any franchise is too much. So just cut that down.

My new roster.
Awesomeness!!!!! With the exception of Napoleon Bonaparte. Replace him with Napoleon Dynamite.

I'm ready
No,but seriously...
Bomberman = 10/10

I don't mean to make this sound rude, but isn't this topic a bit pointless? If people want your opinion on something, they could message it to you. Or you could even bring up rosters the peak your interest in the Roster Prediction Discussion.

I just feel like that this is very unnecessary.
Then why are you posting here? :chuckle:

(besides I was just bored and it's too much to handle at once I'll probably dismiss the thread) Srry people.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I love the icons. My only complaints would be that you have too many Mario characters and that Toad is pretty much ruled out. While Chrom is the most recent lord there is really no reason for him to replace Ike. Ike is the second most popular lord of all and one of the only 3 to appear in 2 games. I don't see what reason a Marth clone could possibly have for replacing this essential lord. I think you've cut a lot of more necessary characters to make room for unnecessary characters. You cut Ike & Snake to make room for characters like Toon Zelda and Andy, which are two characters I don't see likely or necessary in the first place. 4 Donkey Kong Characters, 6 Mario characters, and 5 Zelda characters seems like a little much, I think we should cut those to bring back the more important veterans and size down the roster to a more realistic amount as we are experiencing time constraints and limitations. Other than that it's a good roster.

I feel if we even got a 6th Pokemon character (which is still a lot) it would be Genesect, the hot movie star and Mewtwo's new rival. And again 6 slots for any franchise is too much. So just cut that down.

Awesomeness!!!!! With the exception of Napoleon Bonaparte. Replace him with Napoleon Dynamite.

Bomberman = 10/10

(besides I was just bored and it's too much to handle at once I'll probably dismiss the thread) Srry people.
If he dismisses the thread, you guys can always come to my judging thread.
It's the original.
I also have a decent line of people waiting.

Also, if a 6th pokemon rep gets in, it should be Reggiemon trainer
http://smashboards.com/threads/my-pokémon-are-ready-reggiémon-trainer-for-super-smash-bros.341805/

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211

Bomberman = 10/10

I'm also having a contest at MY roster thread, so come one, come all! 7 spots remain!

(self-promotion ho!)

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211

It's just...

It's a stranger roster. Tiny Kong, Orca, Daroach, Pichu, Golduck, Pico, Eirika, Aeron and Sora seem really strange here. And considering the only true "popular" characters you've included are Krystal, Ridley, Duck Hunt Dog, Shulk and Bowser Junior, it's very different indeed. It's just that over Palutena, King K. Rool, Dixie Kong, Mewtwo, Roy, Pac-Man, Toad, basically all of the more requested choices, you went with Psyduck's evolution and an old man with a spear. You got balls, man. I'll give you credit for that.

Zigzagar

Smash Journeyman
It's just...

It's a stranger roster. Tiny Kong, Orca, Daroach, Pichu, Golduck, Pico, Eirika, Aeron and Sora seem really strange here. And considering the only true "popular" characters you've included are Krystal, Ridley, Duck Hunt Dog, Shulk and Bowser Junior, it's very different indeed. It's just that over Palutena, King K. Rool, Dixie Kong, Mewtwo, Roy, Pac-Man, Toad, basically all of the more requested choices, you went with Psyduck's evolution and an old man with a spear. You got balls, man. I'll give you credit for that.
So what makes the character choices "strange"

Zigzagar

Smash Journeyman
An random old man with no significance to the Zelda franchise and little to no move potential as well as a character that literally nobody cares about.
Well wind waker got an hd remake and orca is the one giving link the sword so it makes sense
Why don't you explain why they're NOT strange....
Tiny Kong- lots of moveset potential, made appearances recently and better than having a female Diddy kong with a ponytail
Daroach- Popular, unique moveset and been brought back in mass attack
Golduck- Popular, unique, cute and great for smash
Pichu- Baby mascot character, cute and I miss him a lot when I play brawl
Pico- F zero has been referenced recently in Nintendo land and deserves another rep and tons of moveset potential dual wielding pistols
Eirika- Game that wasn't as well received and deserves spotlight in ssb4
Aeron- Additional Oprainfall rep, moveset potential and fairly popular
Sora- Moveset potential and getting a game on the 3ds

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Well wind waker got an hd remake and orca is the one giving link the sword so it makes sense
Tiny Kong- lots of moveset potential, made appearances recently and better than having a female Diddy kong with a ponytail
Daroach- Popular, unique moveset and been brought back in mass attack
Golduck- Popular, unique, cute and great for smash
Pichu- Baby mascot character, cute and I miss him a lot when I play brawl
Pico- F zero has been referenced recently in Nintendo land and deserves another rep and tons of moveset potential dual wielding pistols
Eirika- Game that wasn't as well received and deserves spotlight in ssb4
Aeron- Additional Oprainfall rep, moveset potential and fairly popular
Sora- Moveset potential and getting a game on the 3ds

...That's like putting the Old Man from the original LoZ as a playable character (calling that thread!).

Fortanono

Smash Ace
We're doing roster PREDICTIONS.......but, even then Orca??? :p

Depends..............IS this a joke roster?
No, but it's not SUPPOSED to be realistic. It's my dream roster. I guess I'll whip up a semi-realistic, semi-biased roster and have you judge THAT. Don't bother on this if you're judging by realism. I've had a history of being bashed for my opinions in realism threads. :p

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Is the roster size here based on the number of spots? Or do Sheik. ZSS and PKMN Trainer count as extra? Just clarifying in case I post one. I have to recreate them because I had to reset my laptop after getting a virus :glare:

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Is the roster size here based on the number of spots? Or do Sheik. ZSS and PKMN Trainer count as extra? Just clarifying in case I post one. I have to recreate them because I had to reset my laptop after getting a virus :glare:
Assuming there aren't any newcomers with more than 1 character attached (which there doesn't seem to be any available besides Toon Zelda). I'd say the highest you can go before getting unrealistic is 48 (52 Total)

Fortanono

Smash Ace
Here is what I was talking about earlier...

EDIT: Forgot about Sheik and ZSS. Just pretend that they are there.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Here is what I was talking about earlier...

EDIT: Forgot about Sheik and ZSS. Just pretend that they are there.
Well, if it's a real attempt at a predicition roster

-Waluigi doesn't really make a lot of sense. As a Mario character he's not deserving enough, and as a Wario character he's not deserving at all. Wario Ware doesn't need another character.
-Tingle is questionable, but not impossible.
-Viridi? Why Viridi? What reason is there to add anybody, but Palutena who is basically the Zelda of Kid Icarus, the other main character of the enitre series. What has Viridi done to deserve a spot?
-Prince Fluff has no real reason to be in either and he'd never get in over Waddle Dee. This is just wasting a slot that can be saved for somebody important and deserving like Ike, Wolf, Takamaru, Starfy, Lucario, Snake, or Ridley
-Dark Samus? I don't see why we need A pallete swap as a separate character, sure Dark Samus has her own abilities, but she's clone material. Add Ridley, he's Metroid's Bowser and maybe the most requested NA nominee.
-Krystal has no chance in getting in. Why did you replace Wolf with her? He's more requested, iconic, and important to the series. Krystal wouldn't even use her staff because it's outdated and represents misfit Star Fox game that's never even gotten representation in Smash Brothers, probably due to it originally being a Rare Ware game that had nothing to do with Star Fox. Krystal is Assist Trophy material, at least then she would have her staff.
-Chrom over Ike ain't happening. Ike is the second most popular protagonist of all and one of the only 3 protagonists to appear in 2 games. There's no reason to replace him with a Marth clone because of recency. Recency actually had nothing to do with Ike's inclusion according to the game's director: Masahiro Sakurai.
-I'm sorry, but Napoleon Bonaparte as a character is a joke. You're suggesting a real life person who had no contrinution to the gaming industry and who's move set is cards.
-The Generation 1 Pokemon Trainer is basically confirmed. He's appearing in his own Anime now and the starters from Brawl/Gen 1 are starters in Pokemon X & Y. Nobody fits the bill, but him. Even if it was a new trainer it'd be the Kalos Trainer, not the Hoenn Trainer.
-Don't destroy Pokemon Trainer by only having Charizard, I know he's the most popular, but either bring the whole Trainer or don't bring any of it.
-Bring back Lucario, he's too popular to leave out, especially for the kind of characters you replaced him with.
-Pac-Man over Snake? Not likely.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I'm going to post my roster soon. It's uh...(thinking)...47 slots, 51 w/ transformations. I know it probably sounds like too much, but I think it's pretty solid overall.

Ok. Here it is for your viewing pleasure Saturn.

I think it's pretty solid.

You can swap out Dixie for K.Rool if you'd prefer. I also removed Wonder Red, as I feel like he would be the perfect candidate for a DLC character.

I trimmed off Palutena because I feel like she isn't completely necessary (even though I want her in). She'd be another great DLC character.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I'm going to post my roster soon. It's uh...(thinking)...47 slots, 51 w/ transformations. I know it probably sounds like too much, but I think it's pretty solid overall.

Ok. Here it is for your viewing pleasure Saturn.

I think it's pretty solid.

You can swap out Dixie for K.Rool if you'd prefer. I also removed Wonder Red, as I feel like he would be the perfect candidate for a DLC character.

I trimmed off Palutena because I feel like she isn't completely necessary (even though I want her in). She'd be another great DLC character.
THIS ROSTER SUCKS MONKEY ****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :demon:

I'm just kidding, let's see what we got here....

I agree with your choice to have 4 Mario characters since we already have so many almost directly related and originated from the franchise. Funny, since we are both major supporters and predicters of Paper Mario. You can keep King K. Rool, It's pretty much one or the other at this point, although I personally believe it would be best to see our 3 best Kongs together in the game first. Shulk is agreeable assuming Project X is a XenoBlad sequel (even though it seems incredibly related to it anyway.) and even though Issac is more important I can still see this outcome. I'm glad you managed to keep all of the characters since Brawl's roster was perfect and shouldn't be tampered with if not to only add more to it. If I might make a suggestion if you are having trouble deciding, I think Roy is the more popular, iconic, requested, and deserving Fire Emblem character. Not only that, but his story even got a prequel starring his direct and identical relative who basically represents Roy and was our first NA Fire Emblem protagonist. That and he already has the popularity from other things. I just don't see too much positives from Chrom besides promotion. And even Sakurai didn't think to add Ike at first, our most recent and important representative.

Everything else is fine, the only thing I can't say I really agree with is 4 Third-Parties. And Jigglypuff's icon should be after Pikachu because dey was in 64 (and she has the same pose :p )

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
THIS ROSTER SUCKS MONKEY ****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :demon:

I'm just kidding, let's see what we got here....

I agree with your choice to have 4 Mario characters since we already have so many almost directly related and originated from the franchise. Funny, since we are both major supporters and predicters of Paper Mario. You can keep King K. Rool, It's pretty much one or the other at this point, although I personally believe it would be best to see our 3 best Kongs together in the game first. Shulk is agreeable assuming Project X is a XenoBlad sequel (even though it seems incredibly related to it anyway.) and even though Issac is more important I can still see this outcome. I'm glad you managed to keep all of the characters since Brawl's roster was perfect and shouldn't be tampered with if not to only add more to it. If I might make a suggestion if you are having trouble deciding, I think Roy is the more popular, iconic, requested, and deserving Fire Emblem character. Not only that, but his story even got a prequel starring his direct and identical relative who basically represents Roy and was our first NA Fire Emblem protagonist. That and he already has the popularity from other things. I just don't see too much positives from Chrom besides promotion. And even Sakurai didn't think to add Ike at first, our most recent and important representative.

Everything else is fine, the only thing I can't say I really agree with is 4 Third-Parties. And Jigglypuff's icon should be after Pikachu because dey was in 64 (and she has the same pose :p )
Thanks for the feedback!

As far as Fire Emblem is concerned, between Roy and Chrom, i'm fine with either. Roy definitely has his merits, but seeing as though Awakening was my first ever Fire Emblem, I just really like Chrom regardless of what potential he has.

With the 3rd parties, i'm convinced we're going to see Snake come back, and it just makes a lot of sense to have Pac-Man, even though I'm not a huge fan. Add the potential leak in there, and it seems like a decent choice.

The Pokemon order was an idea I had similar to the Brawl lineup. I just sort of stuffed Mewtwo in there :awesome:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom