• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Have you won a Tourney with a Swordfighter yet?

Rhydon65

Smash Rookie
I was just wondering if anyone has accomplished this, it certainly isn't easy. I've come awfully close, got second place in a stock tourney with my 1132 Swordfighter.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
I was just wondering if anyone has accomplished this, it certainly isn't easy. I've come awfully close, got second place in a stock tourney with my 1132 Swordfighter.
Winning atournament isn't easy even with Sheik/Rosalina/ZSS let alone with Swordfighter.
Congratulations on your 2nd place victory

Iko-Seiko

Smash Apprentice
With Swordie being my Co-Main, i can't say i've won any events with her alone. But I can say that Swordie plays an integral part in my higher placements.

Mario has a more favorable matchup spread, and allows me more room for error in feeling players out - but sometimes, just for how long ive been playing him, i have a habbit of not thinking hard enough when using him.

Swordie, however, gives me nothing for free, outside of the occasional free kill out of grab on people who don't know the uair is coming. So when i catch myself autopiloting, i'll always switch to Swordie, because she makes me think a LOT, and sometimes that's better for me than amazing frame data.

Oh but ive used swordie in grand finals of a local. I think it was in 2 of 5 games and i did end up winning.

TL;DR: Haven't run through a bracket with just Swordie , but wouldn't make it as far as i do without her.

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
Haha, we're the same.

I got 2nd using Swordfighter with a bunch of other characters in a local a couple months ago.

MudkipUniverse

Smash Ace
NNID
VolcanicAsh
I just recently got 1st place at one of our locals with a mix of Rosa/Swordfighter.

Won WQ with Swordfighter, 2-0. Was playing against our local pika player, "Jovany."
Won WS with Rosa, 3-0. Was playing against our #1 player, who was sandbagging the whole tournament actually. Plays ZSS and MK.

Won WF with Both, 3-1. I used swordfighter on Game 4 and ended up finishing the set. This was our DK Main making the transition to Cloud.

Won GF 3-2 with Mainly Rosa. I was playing against our #2-#3 player (interchangeable with me), who plays ness, so I just stuck with Rosa. I could take him on with Swordfighter, so I ended up doing that 2 of the games, which I won the 1st one.

Iko-Seiko

Smash Apprentice
Swordfighter v ness is ughhhh, i agree. I almost always go Mario for ness, unless i'm stubbornly going all Swordie for an event just because.

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Yesterday night I used 1111 swordsman for most of an online tournament (using 3333 at some point) and I ended up tying for first. I reset the bracket, then it was late and lag got bad, so we decided to call it a tie xD

Top Bottom