• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

have you ever played melee so much your tv fell apart?

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
my tv just fell apart why i was playing melee and i tried to super glue it back together but all that did was glue me to the tv and i was wondering if this has happened to any one else?

who many tvs have you lost with melee? me 2

to bad melee is to hardcore for many tvs

Mith_

Smash Champion
It happened to me once.
Later we found out that lighting struck the TV though.
Which was weird because it blew out as soon as I sweetspotted a knee.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Nope, but I fear for my controllers safety when playing it. I have no spare controllers so I do my best to make sure it stays intact.

The only game that caused damage to my TV was Monkey Island 2 on the Amiga :laugh:.
However, I can't believe you tried to glue your TV back together. Did you think that would work lol?

K64

Smash Apprentice
My TV didn't get destroyed, it just flickered
But when me and my bro play a 1v1, the TV magically turns off. It happened one year ago.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
It happened to me once.
Later we found out that lighting struck the TV though.
Which was weird because it blew out as soon as I sweetspotted a knee.
lol if my television fell apart as I landed a knee I would probably **** my pants.

MBreeto

Smash Ace
I was playing once and my dog walked over my controller wire and yanked my gamecube off it's stand and it slammed the floor. It still works fine though. So, my tv didn't break, but my gamecube almost did

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
My TV fell apart, that's right. In fact, it actually imploded and killed my neighbor's dog. +1 Hype for Melee.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
lol melee ***** dogs and it turns out melee ***** my VCR too. i just turned on melee and it was all fuzz and the picture is messed up beyond the power of super glue

Eggm

Smash Hero
Never had a tv destroyed while playing melee, but many a tv found in the garbage have met is end bouncing around in my trunk on the way to tourneys.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
My friend's copy of Melee exploded and he wavedashed down to my house to play.
Little does he know my TV exploded. Do ho ho.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
but have you ever, i mean ever seen a good pichu and if you do you will say wow he can do that. think of taj's mewtwo his is freakin sweet ,but m2 is near the bottom and think of young link have you seen a good young link? think about it bottom tiers **** more than most middle tiers. zelda can't combo as good as bowser and bowser can't even combo and bowser can kill faster and egde gaurd way better + up B

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
play melee in 2x speed with four foxes and that may melt it but if you want your tv to die in pain play brawl it hurts to watch what has happened to smash

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
dude i feel you man but marth is really gay and is only cool in dittos or vs a decent roy
i play pichu because 1. i **** 2. amazing taunt 3. how do you play as pikachu? 4. pichu =speed=broken tv=funny topic 5.lol pichu

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
is it more epic to win by skill or because of an over powered range? is't that why they are banning metaknight and isn't metaknight 1 of the why brawl sucks things? and sorry if i misunderstood you

and if you get good as pichu it's sweet

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
Actually yeah. My first tv that I actually owned and had in my room eventually died because of too much melee. I still had a 64 too... I remember it died and I couldn't save my game on Zelda OoT :'(

Top Bottom