• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Have you ever lost a match because of star KO?

Toon612Link

Smash Journeyman
In for glory, I once Up smashed a Game And Watch while he did the number 9, we traded and I got sent flying to the left side of blast zone while he went directly up. He would of been KOed first but he went into the star KO animation while I immediately died on the side of the stage.

Has this ever happened to you?

RJBlazer

Smash Rookie
I'm pretty sure you're not alone, my friend. That happened to me once or twice during my experience.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Happens all the time. It is annoying at times, but really only when in your disfavor. I've been on the other side of those as well, and then it feels great.

I don't like that you don't really get them as much as previously, though. I know they're not good from a competitive standpoint, but when playing for fun they add a certain element to the game. Especially since the screen KOs in Sm4sh are hysterical, I'm disappointed that they don't happen more often.

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
There was even a time I screen KO and my brother got star KO, seems that star KO is actually has shorter KO time than screen KO.

wingedarcher7

The PSI Powerhouse
NNID
speedstar623
3DS FC
3411-2028-1159
It's probably happened to me in the past, but I can't think of a specific moment right now. There was a time I was in the middle of a Star KO and my friend jumped off the stage as Yoshi and did the down special, killing himself faster than my animation could finish. That was hilarious.

Gamr_8

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gamer807
Yeah this has happened to me multiple times across all of the smash games, and my god is it annoying.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
In for glory, I once Up smashed a Game And Watch while he did the number 9, we traded and I got sent flying to the left side of blast zone while he went directly up. He would of been KOed first but he went into the star KO animation while I immediately died on the side of the stage.

Has this ever happened to you?
Yes...

Yes it has

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
It hasn't happened to me, but I've heard the tales of tournament matches that have been forfeit due to the phenomenon.

It'd be nice if there was an option to use only default KOs.

Last edited:

CrazyPerson

Smash Journeyman
I was on the wrong end of that situation once...

I was glad it was just a practice/fun match.

CrazyPerson

Smash Journeyman
It hasn't happened to me, but I've heard the tales of tournament matches that have been forfeit due to the phenomenon.

It'd be nice if there was an option to use only default KOs.
Or take the stock when the player hit's the blast zone instead of when they are stared/screened... suspend the "Game" animation until that is finalized.

FieryRebirth

Smash Ace
NNID
Rara-Avis
Switch FC
7032-4095-8921
This was notorious in Brawl: You enter a SD, turn your opponent into a star, taunt to express your victory then suddenly get booty blasted by the SD bom-ombs after the 30 sec mark, flying off to the side so fast that your opponent was still flying in the background by the time you suddenly got KO'd yourself.

They applied a bandage fix by nullifying Star KOs during the last 30 seconds or so in a time match, if I remember correctly.

Last edited:

sjb.dario

Smash Apprentice
NNID
greatdario
I actually WON a handful of matches because I would go to a star KO and my opponent who went all in would just plummet to their death.
I love it when it happens.

Spaceman

twitch.tv/spacemanstream
NNID
youlosttotoadgg
3DS FC
3497-1911-1309
Yes, I've lost to getting a star KO while my opponent gets a Screen KO. Random, but it's the rules.

Top Bottom