• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Have i stopped improving?

SporkSlinger

Smash Rookie
Hey, I play pm almost daily, and I'm trying to get on a higher level so I can stay in the winners bracket once in a while. But my only competition is my younger brother (and AIs). While ive learned three characters very well (Link, Lucus, and Ike) he always plays ness. Now he is good, but not as good as me. He beats me sometimes when I play ike and lucas but not when I'm link (my bomb strats are signature I like to believe). and we read each other way to easily. I even read the AI too easily. Where can I go from here? Try to find local smashers? try playing online (does it lag?) Help me XD

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
You pretty much already know the answer to this. Find ways to play better people, be it online(as long as you have a very good connection of course, to avoid developing bad habits) or in person. Try watching videos of top players to see how they react to certain situations, it'll help give you ideas to implement into your gameplay. Practice universally useful tech you might not already have mastered, like shield dropping, ledge teching, etc.

Last edited:

Brisk187

Smash Rookie
You implied you go to tournaments when you mentioned that you wish to stay in the winner's bracket. Doesn't that mean you found a bunch of other people to play?

mythbust4000

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Do you have a Facebook
If so look up groups for your game
Example if you live in Wyoming look up something like Wyoming smash 4 group but replace Wyoming with your state
Or country
Or whatever you would classify you live in but state is the first you should look up (if you live in us that is)

Top Bottom