• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Have a lucky controller?

HideousBeing

Smash Ace
So I'm sure a lot of players have a favorite controller that they use. What does your controller look like? Analog stick wear, grimy all over?

My favorite controller is the same one that came with my GC originally. It's got little of the grooves left on the analog stick, and a big slit in the rubber. I've given up trying to keep it clean- after one thirty minute session of smashing its all sweaty and got grime where your hands grip it. Sweat on my controller I actually used to consider a huge distraction, but I now realize that it doesn't matter if your hands and the controller are a bit sweaty. It used to be a common John of mine.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I personally prefer the regular orange (spice?) gamecube controller. I don't know, I just like it better than the purple ones. >.>

Shenz0r

Smash Apprentice
I used to love the orange controller, then I switched to black. It looks like it's in perfect shape, though the A button seems to be bopping up a bit.

I don't think it's gotten THAT dirty...except for the joystick. >_<

pdk

Smash Lord
i bought the cube i use second-hand off some guy; he threw in several games and four controllers (two standard, two wavebirds that suck) and a while of ******* around i found that i really liked this one he had painted to be dark blue on the front and green on the back (though the handles are starting to chip and you can see the black in some parts by now)

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
My platinum controller I got in 2001 <3

I use it for tournaments, hasn't any grip on the control stick, massive battle scars on the back, and somehow the c-stick was mauled...

tshahi10

Smash Ace
i went through 7 controllers through the past years since smash and most are purple that i use

Youngdude111

Smash Rookie
I like my original controller; I don't know if it's just me (probably is) but it always feels weird playing a different controller. My friends say that it's weird playing with my controllers too. There are probably slight differences that we just get used to (like how fast the control stick goes back to its neutral position if you let it go, do the buttons stick a little, etc.)

marthmaster04

Smash Ace
Eh, I don't have a lucky one, but the one I do have is so old it's about to fall apart. The R button doesnt click anymore, the C-stick is inresponsive sometimes, and the yellow plastic/rubber is worn down. My control stick sits almost off to the side, doesn't really have a neutral position anymore. And the paint is worn as heck. :laugh: I fear the thought of breakin in a new controller tho. :(

BlackWhiteOrange

Smash Cadet
My original purple controller. The analogue stick has been worn down so you can barely see the circular ridges, and has several bite marks (don't ask.) The A button is slightly screwy and the c-stick's rubber covering is threatening to come off. I have pressed the L and R buttons so many times you can see scrape marks where they've rubbed against the body of the controller.
It's my favorite controller because the slightly dodgy spring on the Y button makes it easier to short hop, plus there's the sentimental value.

cubaisdeath

Smash Lord
I use 4 controllers depending on my mood. My main one is platinum front with a clear back and green LED lights. My second favorite is my Pearl White controller (that the king took >.>). third would be my emerald green controller. and 4th being my gold/clear controller.

Soma

Smash Journeyman
I bought a spice controller for college for other people to play with, but it felt oh so good to play with, so its now the only controller I use for smash... I use the black controller that came with my cube for all other games. Sadly I even painted a brand new controller brown but just doesn't feel the same as my spice one.

Spacecadet

Smash Cadet
I'd have to say my repainted blue controller is my lucky one. The joystick is loose, and the c-stick is really tight, because I don't use it. (it makes me feel cool :cool: )

vericz

Smash Champion
I've gone through 4 controllers in 2 years. Right now i have a black one. the others either broke or my friends cat messed them up, my controller is at his house since I don't own a cube.

Rage.

Smash Ace
I used to have 6 contollers.
then it went to 2
I just bought a new platinum one that I use
but I want to paint it black and red soon

Samael_78

Smash Journeyman
i play with a spice gamecube controller. wear and tear marks include black smudges from when i lost my temper and slammed it on the floor (surprising that it still works flawlessly), and the usual gunk that collects around the round parts of the controller

HideousBeing

Smash Ace
My original purple controller. The analogue stick has been worn down so you can barely see the circular ridges, and has several bite marks (don't ask.) The A button is slightly screwy and the c-stick's rubber covering is threatening to come off. I have pressed the L and R buttons so many times you can see scrape marks where they've rubbed against the body of the controller.
It's my favorite controller because the slightly dodgy spring on the Y button makes it easier to short hop, plus there's the sentimental value.
Yeah, I think I'll keep my controller after it starts playing faulty, because a person gets to be quite attached to it.

Banks

Smash Hero
i used to have a spice controller but i dont think they make them anymore, so i had to switch to platinum =(

Andromeda

Smash Lord
My "lucky" controller is a blaqck one. The stick has perfect grip even if he controller is bout three years old. And its trademark: it's half-molten. (no, really, I'm serious!)

Top Bottom