• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hatred and favouritism aside, which characters will not make the cut?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PikaJew

Banned via Warnings
Lucario - his time has come and gone. He was a popular and unique character, however some of the newer generations need to be represented this time around. My guess is that they will replace him with the newer version of Mewtwo who will share some similar moves. There isn't enough time and Lucario isn't a high enough priority.

Ike - will be replaced by a more recent Fire Emblem swordsman. They will also be heavy and share somewhat the same moveset. Not enough time to keep him in and add another Fire Emblem rep.

Snake - very unique character, unfortunately does not represent Nintendo in any way. Will be replaced with another third party member. Think he was just put into Brawl to make people happy.

Wolf - it'll be a shame to see this guy go because we are losing a villain. But Wolf is way too similar to Fox and Falco, and it's too much to have 3 representatives of the same game have similar moves.

Zero Suit Samus - this one I am really not too sure about. But I just don't see her returning

Pokemon Trainer - Squirtle and Charizard are more iconic than any of the newer starters in any generation so it will be sad to see them go. But I can see them getting replaced by the same 3 Pokemon combo but from a different generation.

R.O.B. - even though it is such a unique character, I feel it won't make the cut.

Lucas - I'm not sure if he will be cut or replaced with a newer Earthbound character, but I don't see him returning.

Toon Link - he adds the quicker, alternative version to the heavier Link. Many have preferred the quicker version since Young Link. I can only see him staying in because of the re-release of Wind Waker and if they incorporate those weapons into his arsenal. Like the Wind Waker, Deku Leaf and Grappling Hook.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
These are the characters I think MIGHT not be coming back in SSB4:

Sheik
Toon Link
Ice Climbers
Falco
Pokemon Trainer Red
Lucario
Jigglypuff
Ike
Lucas
Snake
Sonic

Yes, that's a lot of "people with their feelings hurt", which is a pretty damn near accurate description of butthurt fans.

Whatislove

Smash Cadet
I don't see how they can justify eliminating ZSS. She has a very unique playstyle, one that no one else has. Snake is similar, but ZSS is a nintendo property, so I really don't see her leaving.

Morbi

Scavenger
Sheik- I am a firm supporter of Impa. Not only is Sheik only in one game, but she isn't relevant anymore. Zelda has received a physical redesign in every game. In Melee she was OoT and in Brawl she was TP. I expect her to receive a Skyward Sword redesign this time around. We have the Skyloft stage. So a character might be necessary to even justify the inclusion of a Skyward Sword reference. The argument that tons of characters don't have a stage to represent them is not valid here. Zelda is one of the most iconic Nintendo franchises. They WILL want to do the game justice. We had a Twilight Princess stage in Brawl because that specific Link was the TP iteration of Link. This time they are not even using the Skyward Sword Link. This means that at least some one will have a Skyward Sword design. I doubt they will replace Ganon with Demise. So I think Sakurai will continue the tradition of keeping Zelda's design current. Sheik only exists in OoT. Of course Zelda would retain her move-set. Her physical design doesn't have anything to do with her moveset. So it isn't fair to say that she still uses Nayru's Love, Dins Fire, Farore's Wind even though they were game specific. She didn't have anything else to offer in any other game. So of course she would have her Melee move-set. However, I think it is now time for a fresh new change of perspective. Impa is very similar to Sheik anyhow. Essentially it would be updating Sheik's design. I don't even know if I would consider it a replacement. She plays a key role in the Skyward Sword game. So it would only be natural to ride the success. Part of Smash is to promote each series. It doesn't seem like a good idea to keep a stale character just because she was in Melee. For whatever demented reason Sheik was in Brawl. Clearly Sakurai didn't want to replace Zelda with the more relevant Midna. Hence, he will not replace Zelda this time either. So Impa is imminent if we get a Skyward Sword redesign which is the most logical assumption at the moment. At the very least Sheik will return for some reason with a redesign similar to Impa. It might even be a skin if they decide to do that. Part of the hype is introducing new characters. Impa would be a newcomer with the ability to retain a specific play style. Sakurai is having trouble cutting characters because he doesn't want to get rid of the playstyle that the players are fond of. Replacing Sheik would have no correlation with the problem. It would only piss of people who like Sheik more than Impa. This is a way to have a newcomer without affecting the roster. Essentially Sheik in Brawl was a shock, she was lucky to make it (only because no one would use Zelda without her Sheik form). I would be extremely surprised if he passes this opportunity to replace Sheik with someone key to the most recent game. Not only is this a rational replacement in terms of the franchises canon... but it would be hype to get a new character without affecting the roster negatively.

Lucario- LBSH Mewtwo will be making it in the game. He is a melee vet and he is going to be the star of the upcoming pokemon movie. His new Awakened Form has great potential for a Final Smash. If Sakrurai is deciding based on moveset potential Lucario might be cut as Mewtwo will have similar moves such as the shadow ball.

Ike- Whether or not it was Sakurai's intention the Fire Emblem characters are now associated with a replacement system. Roy was replaced for Ike. Ike will be replaced for a new rep.

Snake- He isn't Nintendo, he was a one time thing.

Sonic- We now have Megaman. I do not want Sonic to go. But realistically Megaman is the new blue demanded character. Sonic wasn't very popular in Brawl because his move-set was unimaginative and rushed. If he makes a comeback I would expect a complete redesign.

Toon Link- Although his chances are pretty high he is on the list for the same reason Ike and Lucario are. Sakurai has established that certain characters are expendable. He replaced Young Link with Toon Link. I wouldn't be surprised if we got Deku Link or ALBW Link. Maybe even Wolf Link. He has the highest chances of making a comeback though.

Pokemon Trainer- He is a lot of work. I think they would opt to cut him out and develop 3 other characters that people actually want.

R.O.B- Really? Who even wanted him? He just wasn't very fun. I didn't see much of him online at all. I honestly think he only made it in because of his significance in the SSE.

Ice Climbers- I am just think about the interview where he said he was having troubles with them on the 3DS. So they might be cut for technical reasons. I mean they aren't really too popular anyways. So I wouldn't really mind.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Characters probably getting cut:

Lucario: Practically guaranteed to leave. Despite still being popular, his relevance is now two generations behind and is probably the easiest character to cut.

Snake: A unique character but the whole premise behind his inclusion simply seemed to be doing a favor for a friend. From all the interviews I've read, if it wasn't for that I doubt Snake would have never even been a blip on the radar.

Ike: Likely to be replaced by Chrom. Kind of sucks especially when there would be absolutely nothing wrong with Fire Emblem having at least three reps.

Wolf: Seemed like an afterthought both with Melee and Brawl. With Melee he was basically thought of as little more than a recolor to be replaced by Falco and with Brawl he was one of the last characters added. Despite him and Falco both being semi-clones, I feel Falco has prevalence simply because he's already been in two installments as opposed to Wolf's one.

Pokemon Trainer: Kill three birds with one stone? Seems like it would be an easy choice for the developers but I wouldn't mind being proven wrong.

Characters on the chopping block but will ultimately make it in:

Sonic: This is a no brainer. I don't think it's an exaggeration to say that cutting Sonic would mean saying good bye to several hundred thousand copies sold. Yes, I think his addition means that much to his fans.

Lucas: A semiclone but ultimately makes sense when you consider that he is, in fact, the reincarnation of Ness. Him sharing similarities with Ness makes as much sense as Luigi sharing similarities with Mario.

Falco: I think Wolf and Falco will both be put under consideration but, for the reasons I explained earlier, Falco's more likely to win out.

Toon Link: Like Lucas, his similarities with Link make sense when you consider everything. I do think his moveset will be revised this time around to further reflect the differences between the two Links.

Jigglypuff: Will probably only be saved because she's part of the original 12 and the addition of fairy types puts her back in the spotlight.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
This thread definitely is not a good idea... >_>

By the way, any "recentness" and "relevance" argument is utter bull****, as always.

Morbi

Scavenger

By the way, any "recentness" and "relevance" argument is utter bull****, as always.
Why not? We already know that some characters will be cut. It might be a good idea to evaluate who has chances to not make an appearance. That way we wont be shocked like last time. No Mewtwo made me cry. Now I can get used to the idea that some of my favorites might be going. :sadeyes:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice

Not really because it was recently confirmed that this in fact the case with Pokemon and it's highly likely that this applies to Fire Emblem too. Keep in mind that this actually makes a lot of sense since every new game/generation in these two franchises completely changes locales and its main cast of characters while every other Nintendo franchise keeps the same core characters new installment after new installment.

DRM4R10

Smash Apprentice
Ice Climbers- I am just think about the interview where he said he was having troubles with them on the 3DS. So they might be cut for technical reasons. I mean they aren't really too popular anyways. So I wouldn't really mind.
I think they'll stay in the Wii U version, I mean they are so unique because no other "character" is 2 characters at once. Unless if they replace them with Baby Mario bros. or Plusle and Minun. (I'd still like the ice climbers to stay)
I think they may replace Toon link with another Zelda character, I mean I'd rather have someone like Skull Kid or sometin'

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Lucas is the best representation of the Mother series, heck Mother 3 was considered better than Earthbound, if Lucas is cut, then you just sliced a knife to the knee of a great being

Tweezer Salad

Smash Apprentice
Snake - Think he was just put into Brawl to make people happy.

I'm pretty sure that was Sonic.
Snake was unexpected but had a great moveset and Kojima wanted him in.

People were begging for Sonic, but in the end his moves were nothing special and he felt rushed, was only there to please fans sadly.

Curmudgeon

Smash Ace
Can't believe some of you really think 1/3 of the roster is going to be cut, most of the characters you listed have unique movesets.

The only ones that have a chance of not returning in my opinion are Toon Link and Lucario maybe Snake too in a lesser extent.

Morbi

Scavenger
Can't believe some of you really think 1/3 of the roster is going to be cut, most of the characters you listed have unique movesets.

The only ones that have a chance of not returning in my opinion are Toon Link and Lucario maybe Snake too in a lesser extent.
No. No one thinks that. We are outlining the most likely cuts. That doesn't mean that we think the whole list will be cut. The list is filled with possibilities.

Another example would be that most people don't think there prediction lists are 100% accurate. If I make a list of who I want in the game.
- Black Shadow
- Ridley
- K. Rool
- SS Zelda
- Wolf
- Mewtwo

I am simply broadening the chances that one or two of the characters will make it. I don't necessarily think that whole list will make it in the game. I am going to list them anyways though. So it is the same with the cut lists. We just think that specific people are more likely to be cut. Notice that most people list Lucario, Ike, and Toon Link. It isn't because we are just pulling lists out of nowhere. We think there are reasons they will be cut. Hypothetically someone without any reason to be cut wont be cut.

This is more like a thread to list reasons why a character might not make it in the game. Not necessarily a thread to list everyone we don't think will return. Slight difference.

Curmudgeon

Smash Ace
No. No one thinks that. We are outlining the most likely cuts. That doesn't mean that we think the whole list will be cut. The list is filled with possibilities.

Another example would be that most people don't think there prediction lists are 100% accurate. If I make a list of who I want in the game.
- Black Shadow
- Ridley
- K. Rool
- SS Zelda
- Wolf
- Mewtwo

I am simply broadening the chances that one or two of the characters will make it. I don't necessarily think that whole list will make it in the game. I am going to list them anyways though. So it is the same with the cut lists. We just think that specific people are more likely to be cut. Notice that most people list Lucario, Ike, and Toon Link. It isn't because we are just pulling lists out of nowhere. We think there are reasons they will be cut. Hypothetically someone without any reason to be cut wont be cut.

This is more like a thread to list reasons why a character might not make it in the game. Not necessarily a thread to list everyone we don't think will return. Slight difference.

Ok I worded it wrong, "Can't believe some of you really think 1/3 of the roster has chances of being cut"

PikaJew

Banned via Warnings
Ok I worded it wrong, "Can't believe some of you really think 1/3 of the roster has chances of being cut"

I don't think all of those characters will be cut, they are just the characters who have the least chance of returning compared to the rest of the roster.

PikaJew

Banned via Warnings

I don't think all of those characters will be cut, they are just the characters who have the least chance of returning compared to the rest of the roster.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
I don't see how they can justify eliminating ZSS. She has a very unique playstyle, one that no one else has. Snake is similar, but ZSS is a nintendo property, so I really don't see her leaving.
I doubt ZSS will leave simply because Metroid is hurting for reps as is. Throw in her status as one of the few female characters and it gives her a solid chance at returning. She could be cut though.

I would place the "at risk" characters as following:

High Risk:
-Lucario
-Toon Link

Mild to Moderate Risk:
-Lucas
-Wolf
-Ike
-Jigglypuff
-Snake
-Sonic
-ZSS

We can't say for certain whether or not anybody will be cut. Just my 2c on who we might lose.

BlitznBurst

Smash Ace
Toon Link for sure. He was a great fighter in Brawl and most of the time is my main, but honestly, what does he contribute to the roster at all. Surely if you wanted the Zelda franchise to have a fourth representative you could have added a proper, popular character instead, like Zant or Midna (Neither of whom I personally feel should have been included anyway, but the support was there) ROB is also a character I don't see returning, but hey, Game & Watch came back for Brawl, so...

Also if they're cutting a Star Fox character, I'd honestly rather it was Falco. I think Wolf is more fitting for the role, and we get an extra villain to boot.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
:ike: - I think he'll be replaced with a new Fire Emblem sword-fighter, here's hoping it's Robin so we can get some magic too and not just another FE guy swinging a sword and doing nothing else.

:snake: - I think he was a one time thing, but Sonic will be ok because he and Mario are best bros now.

:lucario: - He was great and popular but we have new Pokemon games out now and I don't see him making it to the next game. Outdated I suppose.

:wolf: - I like him a lot but I think he'll be removed (maybe for Krystal?). I'd like to have Fox, Wolf, Krystal as far are Star Fox reps go, I like Falco's character but he's more of a clone of Fox than Wolf is...I think Falco will stay since he's been in 2 games and Wolf just had one.

:jigglypuff: - Ok, she (it) was a big deal in the anime during like, it's first season. I'm amazed Jigglypuff has been in all of them so far! If she's put into SSB4 it'll only be because of her veteran status of being in all the other games, which I find to be kind of stupid...but oh well. We have Pikachu as a gen 1 rep. We have PT possibly coming back with a gen 1 trainer look and gen 1 pokemon, we have a possibility of the new Mewtwo form which is new but Mewtwo is still a gen 1 pokemon...We don't need Jiggs anymore.

:toonlink: - I hope they remove him if they don't give him a moveset using items from Windwaker, Minish Cap, Spirit Tracks, etc.

Isaac - His games were more popular when Brawl came out, Dark Dawn was ok but not as good as the first two, and didnt sell as well as them I believe, so if his son Matthew got in I'd be fine with that too but the series is not doing so hot atm I guess.

Lloyd - Pac-Man is a huge contender for the Namco spot if they even get a rep.

Professor Layton - I doubt he will be in I just love his character, the whole "he can't fight" argument is stupid, even Phoenix Wright got a pretty cool moveset in Marvel vs Capcom, I thought they did it perfectly. The creation of a moveset isnt a problem, I'm just not sure he's popular enough, and I believe he's not an actual Nintendo character, so yeah =[

I believe the other two in my sig have a decent chance of being included as playable characters.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Isaac - His games were more popular when Brawl came out, Dark Dawn was ok but not as good as the first two, and didnt sell as well as them I believe, so if his son Matthew got in I'd be fine with that too but the series is not doing so hot atm I guess.

Lloyd - Pac-Man is a huge contender for the Namco spot if they even get a rep.

Professor Layton - I doubt he will be in I just love his character, the whole "he can't fight" argument is stupid, even Phoenix Wright got a pretty cool moveset in Marvel vs Capcom, I thought they did it perfectly. The creation of a moveset isnt a problem, I'm just not sure he's popular enough, and I believe he's not an actual Nintendo character, so yeah =[

I believe the other two in my sig have a decent chance of being included as playable characters.
Why are you talking about "potential" Newcomers?

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Lucario - his time has come and gone. He was a popular and unique character, however some of the newer generations need to be represented this time around. My guess is that they will replace him with the newer version of Mewtwo who will share some similar moves. There isn't enough time and Lucario isn't a high enough priority.

Ike - will be replaced by a more recent Fire Emblem swordsman. They will also be heavy and share somewhat the same moveset. Not enough time to keep him in and add another Fire Emblem rep.

Snake - very unique character, unfortunately does not represent Nintendo in any way. Will be replaced with another third party member. Think he was just put into Brawl to make people happy.

Wolf - it'll be a shame to see this guy go because we are losing a villain. But Wolf is way too similar to Fox and Falco, and it's too much to have 3 representatives of the same game have similar moves.

Zero Suit Samus - this one I am really not too sure about. But I just don't see her returning

Pokemon Trainer - Squirtle and Charizard are more iconic than any of the newer starters in any generation so it will be sad to see them go. But I can see them getting replaced by the same 3 Pokemon combo but from a different generation.

R.O.B. - even though it is such a unique character, I feel it won't make the cut.

Lucas - I'm not sure if he will be cut or replaced with a newer Earthbound character, but I don't see him returning.

Toon Link - he adds the quicker, alternative version to the heavier Link. Many have preferred the quicker version since Young Link. I can only see him staying in because of the re-release of Wind Waker and if they incorporate those weapons into his arsenal. Like the Wind Waker, Deku Leaf and Grappling Hook.
Only ones I see a chance of getting removed from here are Toon Link, Lucario and Wolf. Very small maybe to Lucas.

There's no more important characters in FE to include than Ike who has been in 3 games now.
I don't think they will remove a hugely popular character like Snake just because he's third party.
Zamus is very safe. Would be shocked if she didn't return.
Pokemon trainer is the coolest character idea ever in my opinion. Would be stupid to remove him.
Sakurai loves his WTF characters like ROB.

Also, wrong section.
Try the character section next time: http://smashboards.com/forums/ssb4-character-discussion.291/

Hyruleslink

Smash Journeyman
Toon Link (replaced with another secondary Link, Masked Link perhaps)
Sheik (replaced with Impa)
ROB
Falco
Lucario (replaced with Mew Two)
Sonic
Snake
Pokemon Trainer's Pokemon set (replaced with three newer Pokemon)

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Not really because it was recently confirmed that this in fact the case with Pokemon and it's highly likely that this applies to Fire Emblem too. Keep in mind that this actually makes a lot of sense since every new game/generation in these two franchises completely changes locales and its main cast of characters while every other Nintendo franchise keeps the same core characters new installment after new installment.
That article is way too overblown.

Pichu was not even planned originally for Melee and was only added at the last second due to being an easy roster buff. Promoting Gold/Silver/Crystal, all of which had already come out in around the world, had nothing to do with it.

Diamond/Pearl was officially announced to be in development back in late 2004 with Lucario being revealed in Marth 2005. Development on Brawl had not started until October of the same year with the roster had not been finalized until late 2006. Diamond/Pearl came out in Japan in September 2006 and in April 2007 in the US. Even without Brawl's delays promoting Gen 4 would have been pointless at that point.

Both Jigglypuff and Mewtwo have been planned for every single Smash game despite in two of them they had overstayed their relevance; not to mention if you look at character placement it's obvious they fought each other for that last spot not Lucario. Pokemon Trainer Red uses Gen 1 Pokemon as well and despite being based off his Gen 3 design that still makes him irreverent.

Lastly it's this quote from that very same article obviously shows that Sakurai looks in the long term:

find out which ones are going to be central to any of conversations in Pokemon going forward.
That article only confirmed what all of us already knew in that the movies are a prime way for possible newcomers (which is what the article implies, not veterans) to gain the attention of Sakurai after that it's the standard process of deciding if the character is right for the game or not.

"But it’s not just that – going back to just what we talked about, what’s unique about them? Where do they fit in with the rest of everything else? What do they have? It’s a combination of those things.
Without going into the characters directly themselves, I would hope that you see where I'm coming from in relation to this. Saying that relevancy is the main thing that matters is honestly an insult to the characters themselves (new and old), fans, and it also unfairly rules out characters like K. Rool.

moneyfrenzy

Smash Ace
:snake:- personally i do not object to him, but he does not fit in with nintendo at all and barely has anything to do with them.
:lucario:- No matter how popular he is, he will either be replaced by mewtwo or zoroark.
:toonlink:- Even tho he is my main, i would say his chances are 50/50.
:wolf:- i would rather see falco go considering his special moves are a carbon copy of foxes, but falco was in one more smash game than wolf, and i do not think they need 3 star fox reps.
:ike:-replaced with Chrom
:pt:- I do not see him going, but he may get replaced with a different gen
as for :sonic: I do not see him going anywhere, the demand for him was so high, and he is about to have his 4th crossover with mario, and nintendo is helping with sonic lost world

moneyfrenzy

Smash Ace
:snake:- personally i do not object to him, but he does not fit in with nintendo at all and barely has anything to do with them.
:lucario:- No matter how popular he is, he will either be replaced by mewtwo or zoroark.
:toonlink:- Even tho he is my main, i would say his chances are 50/50.
:wolf:- i would rather see falco go considering his special moves are a carbon copy of foxes, but falco was in one more smash game than wolf, and i do not think they need 3 star fox reps.
:ike:-replaced with Chrom
:pt:- I do not see him going, but he may get replaced with a different gen
as for :sonic: I do not see him going anywhere, the demand for him was so high, and he is about to have his 4th crossover with mario, and nintendo is helping with sonic lost world

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
YOU THINK I CAN SEE THE **** FUTURE?
No.
I cannot speak with certitude on the issue, however, I would absolutely love it PKMN TRNR was replaced with another PKMN TRNR.

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
The way the words "probably" and "definitely" are being thrown around makes me want to punch small children...

Zaffy

Smash Apprentice
What I think and why:

Likely to go;
Lucario - Gen 4 isn't relevant anymore
Wolf (clone) - His old clone moveset is just irritating. If he comes back, it should be with a unique moveset
Toon link - If the slower, worse characters are getting buffs (ergo, bowser), it is possible link will get the buffs in the form of becoming toon link. Higher jumps, better up b, etc, just, still same old link.

Possibly;
Lucas (clone) - unless he is somehow adapted
Ike - Everyone loves ike, big swinging sword, charge a f-smash and win, depends how much sakurai keeps the roster catered to casuals from brawl.
Falco (clone) - very unlikely, but a bit more of a change would be nice.

The question of third party characters is a hard one, so we can't really answer that.

Not likely;
ZSS - a 2nd rep from metroid. A big series amongst nintendo, yet very hard to get more known reps. Unless they're introducing a new metroid character, but even still, i doubt she'll go
Jigglypuff - I think sakurai likes this ball of fluff/puff, and she is a staple of the series so far. I don't see it going to happen.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Eh, fine I'll bite.

:toonlink:- He has a good chance to get cut for another child Link, I'm thinking it might be Masked Link.
:falcomelee: - I honestly don't want to see him go as I love all the furry character but I think with how Niche SF is now that it's better to represent the series who can represent the series the best, in this case the hero, the villian, the heroine/damsel in distress/main love intress which makes me think that Krystal might take his spot.
:lucario:- Yes I know he isn't a clone of Mewtwo in terms of how he plays, but they have similarities which made it so Lucario Could replace Mewtwo and I expect him to now get replaced by Zoroak.
:snake:- He was a one time deal and was put in as a favor no less. He has no reason to stay.
:ike:- Pretty much the same reason as Lucario, he replaced Roy now I expect Chrom to replace him.

dragoncrescent

Smash Rookie
Toon Link - actually, I'm just hoping they cut him due to sheer annoyance factor, but they will probably keep him. The Wind Waker art style games have gotten enough of a following to be represented some way.

Sheik - even though she's a cool character that is well-designed and played, I think she may be a lot more perilously considered than people think. She was only ever in one Zelda game, and it seems Smash is pretty well represented in terms of agile, technical female characters. See: Zero Suit Samus and Wii Fit Trainer

Snake - Cool character, great design, and fantastic execution. I don't know why I get the feeling they might axe him. Maybe he just doesn't have enough games on Nintendo systems…

Wolf - meh. Pseudo-clone of Fox and Falco. His 'feral' fighting style is REALLY cool, but the refinements to Falco's fighting style are what make him interesting and un-clone him. Wolf isn't so lucky…

Lucas - see Wolf.

Jigglypuff - I can't believe she was even in Brawl. She's a boring Pokemon and a boring character in Smash Bros. She's LONG since exhausted her 'cuteness factor', and I really, really hope they skim her.

Lucario - goes the way of Mewtwo for whatever 5th or 6th gen Pokemon is currently trending. Maybe Zoroark or Mewtwo in his 'awakened' form.

Characters they damn well better keep: Sonic, Pokemon Trainer, Gannondorf, and R.O.B. XD

[Corn]

Smash Ace
Snake-No reason to be brought back at all reallly. Not a character that Nintendo usually associates with.

Pokemon Trainer-Never really worked well. Possibly just being revamped though. I want BA Red....nvm.

Lucario-You arent Mewthree or in any movies anymore are you?

Ike-Insert new FE character here

Toon Link-Insert different version of Link here (PLZ Majoras Mask One)

ROB-Wii Fit Trainer clearly fits his role now, would be weird to keep him.

ImaClubYou

Smash Lord
NNID
ImaClubYou_Louie
3DS FC
3453-9816-8856
I' have to agree with Lucario being cut. Other than his misguided popularity, he doesn't have much personality canonically except for all but one that can talk. In the recent Pokemon games you can find him innthe very first route. So much for thinking he was a pseudo-legendary back then. Previously, I was aiming towards Zoroark because he is another bipedal Pokemon with similar anatomy to Mewtwo and Lucario but after seeing the trailer for Mewtwo's new movie I'd say Mewtwo's coming back along with other sources of his sensible return.

Yes, I'd say Ike might get cut for a different FE.

Snake and Sonic. I'd give a 70/30 to both of them of returning. Sonic because him and Mario are more friends than foe these days and Snake because friendship.

I'd honestly say that no one from the Starfox series would get cut. Wolf isn't that similar to the other two. All his A moves are all pretty much polar opposites. Even though it pains me to say it, if there is any smidget of getting cut, I'd say Falco.

About Impa, I would agree. But her design is very.... weird.. to an extent. Obviously, she's VERY tall. As we saw in one of the Smash videos, Bowsers head goes past the platform in Battlefield, I hope Impa isn't too big.

PT, ROB, Toon Link, and Lucas are out no questions.

I don't think Mother needs more than 1 rep from a game that is practically extinct. Same goes for the Fzero franchise.

Toon Link might be taken out for the Spirit tracks reasons, though if they gave the cat eyed hero a complete Wind Waker moveset I'd keep him in.

Jigglypuff is in. There's just no way. Jigglypuff in Japan is what Pikachu is in the west. She's also a Smash vet.

If they remove any of the 12 originals I will cry.

iluvnintendo1983

Smash Journeyman
I remember back before Brawl came out, and people thought Ice Climbers, Ganondorf, Falco, Jigglypuff, and Mr. Game & Watch were going to be cut for sure.

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
I find it silly that people are speculating Zero Suit Samus would get cut. For one thing, as already mentioned, there aren't many characters to represent the Metroid Universe, and so cutting her would really sell Metroid short, and for another thing, THE ZERO LASER IS IN THE TRAILER, so I highly doubt they kept that overpowered Final Smash and botched the Smash continuity by suddenly making it so that it DOESN'T remove her armor.

However, there are a few characters who I think have a higher chance of leaving the roster, namely Snake and Sonic *sob*, Ike, and Lucario. If they plan on removing Snake, it would be weird if they didn't remove Sonic as well. I know technically SEGA and Nintendo are in a partnership right now, but it would be weird if they were to remove one and not the other. Either remove them both and add 2 new third parties, or keep them both and only add Megaman. I'm sincerely hoping for the latter, because Snake and Sonic are WAY cooler than Pac-Man, and I don't know anyone else other than Mega Man who could replace them. Ike is most likely going to be replaced by someone newer in the series, and I'm thinking Mewtwo might come back, seeing as he seems to play some significance in X and Y. Think about it, the fact that one of the FIRST THINGS they revealed about X and Y was Mewtwo's new form, which goes to show that it probably was decided on early in development, showing that perhaps Mewtwo will somehow be relevant in X and Y's plot. If so, it would make sense to include him in Smash, seeing as X and Y will come out before Smash does. I honestly don't see Sakurai removing R.O.B. or Game and Watch since he came out and said he likes references to Nintendo's history, (another reason why I find Little Mac a very likely candidate for Smash, especially considering his reboot which came out after Brawl,) and we already know he has Ice Climbers on the brain. My two cents.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
:snake: I'd be surprised if veteran third parties were a development priority and were cut due to time constraints

:sonic: See above

:pt: All of the programming that requires such a character to function as intended may result in hitting the deadline unfinished, and therefore being cut

:toonlink: Probably the lowest priority veteran due to not being unique, appearing on a stage, and looking visually similar to Skyward Sword Link (ignoring the head size and body size, the two are the same colors)

:wolf: I doubt he'll be cut, but I would think he's also on the lower end of the priority totem pole due to how late he was added in development.

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
We've had plenty of threads like these

Please no anti-support threads, even if they're trying to be objective they never are and it always leads to opinions and drama

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom