• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hat combos

R1ngo

Smash Journeyman
I didn't know if there was a thread about what combos to do with certain hats, so i thought this would be a good place to start one,

F throw > u air > u tilt > bullet seed 80% +

as soon as i realized that ivysaurs neutral b was bullet seed i wanted to do this
anyone else have any good ideas???

SpikeSpiegel19

Smash Ace
U can do the Gonzo combo into neutral B which is a great way to get a copy ability

Not sure if u've tried snakes but i have a few for snakes copy

Grenade, grab, run, downthrow, grab, hit once, forward throw

Grenade, grenade, downthrow, grab the second and go into rock, wait for both grenades to explode b4 getting out

Greande, grab, run, downB

Grenade, grab, run, down dodge when it explodes

grenade, grab, jump up, downB and if u time it right it explodes right under the edge to get a stage assisted spike

Olimar
B, B, B, B, B, B, B, B, B, B, B, B, B, B, B, B, B, B, B, B, B, B, B, B, B, B, B, B, B, B, B, B, and B lol

giuocob

Smash Journeyman
U can do the Gonzo combo into neutral B which is a great way to get a copy ability

Not sure if u've tried snakes but i have a few for snakes copy

Grenade, grab, run, downthrow, grab, hit once, forward throw

Grenade, grenade, downthrow, grab the second and go into rock, wait for both grenades to explode b4 getting out

Greande, grab, run, downB

Grenade, grab, run, down dodge when it explodes

grenade, grab, jump up, downB and if u time it right it explodes right under the edge to get a stage assisted spike

Olimar
B, B, B, B, B, B, B, B, B, B, B, B, B, B, B, B, B, B, B, B, B, B, B, B, B, B, B, B, B, B, B, B, and B lol
You forgot: Grenade, let snake grab it, grab him, wait 3 seconds, Uthrow, MURDER

With Meta Knight, you can pretty easily do Fthrow -> Tornado. Nothing pisses off a Meta Knight more than using his own spam moves against him.

SpikeSpiegel19

Smash Ace
are there any hats that work especially good other than bullet seed, for racking up mass dmg
i think Snake is a good copy as far as damage is concerned, Olimar is excellent, Mario or Luigi, Falco, i cant think of anymore

this was something i was wondering, how crzy would it b if there was a way to start a match with a copy that u want, maybe like a secret in the character select screen or something

R1ngo

Smash Journeyman
i think a kirby PT doubles team would be sweet, having your team mate start with ivysaur and stealing bullet seed right awy, then having him switch to charizard to get some quick kills after your gonzo bullet seed madness

R1ngo

Smash Journeyman
so this is kinda random, but equally sick, i haven't seen it in any vids but flying high and edgeguarding with the rock is amazing, most ppl dont' expect it and it has netted me some kills, i have a vid of me doing it to a wolf and will post it mid june. maybe a new tactic to incorporate more often?

3xSwords

Smash Lord
Samus'charge shot is good. I like it b/c it racks up so much damage fully charged, and it can go past the **** z-air. I would also take D3's power, b/c it enhances your ability to kirby cide and that is always a plux. Besides chain sucking a D3 is just funny.

3xSwords

Smash Lord
You're right Kirby would be god tier if he had D3's nuetralB's sucking power.

woah I was messing around w/ kirby's nuetral B and I found you can stage spike them on FD. This isn't the thing you do Gonzo where you spit them out and then stage spike them w/ an aerial. Instead this works like DK's cargo throw stage spike. For Kirby after you suck them in, you have to spit them out at one of the angled sides under the ledge. If you do it correctly, they'll go straight down after hitting the ledge setting up for an easy footstool kill.

This is different b/c for some reason after the opponent is spat out, if they hit the right spot they'll stay in star form and the angle of the slope makes them go straight down. I was trying this on lvl 9 cpus and they were getting out of star form if I spat them out anywhere else. So Gonzo can you check this out I think its really interesting. Of course if its already discovered, tell me so I can erase this wall of text.

SpikeSpiegel19

Smash Ace
You're right Kirby would be god tier if he had D3's nuetralB's sucking power.

woah I was messing around w/ kirby's nuetral B and I found you can stage spike them on FD. This isn't the thing you do Gonzo where you spit them out and then stage spike them w/ an aerial. Instead this works like DK's cargo throw stage spike. For Kirby after you suck them in, you have to spit them out at one of the angled sides under the ledge. If you do it correctly, they'll go straight down after hitting the ledge setting up for an easy footstool kill.

This is different b/c for some reason after the opponent is spat out, if they hit the right spot they'll stay in star form and the angle of the slope makes them go straight down. I was trying this on lvl 9 cpus and they were getting out of star form if I spat them out anywhere else. So Gonzo can you check this out I think its really interesting. Of course if its already discovered, tell me so I can erase this wall of text.

Let me try this out, sounds very very interesting

SpikeSpiegel19

Smash Ace
It works but its difficult to pull off, u need enough height to time ur starshot so it makes them curve down. It can lead to a downair or footstool very easily though

Nice find!

Krii

Smash Journeyman
actually just standing on the edge of a platform or stage after sucking somthing in pushes you off the stage automatically and your perfect for that downshot star

I did it alot, you have to be like standing on the edgefacing into the stage, the incorporated swallow animation DI pushes kirby back with the cargo

3xSwords

Smash Lord
actually just standing on the edge of a platform or stage after sucking somthing in pushes you off the stage automatically and your perfect for that downshot star

I did it alot, you have to be like standing on the edgefacing into the stage, the incorporated swallow animation DI pushes kirby back with the cargo
Yeah but the thing is you have to time the spit out perfectly b/c they only go downwards if you hit a certain part of the stage. Ex. The angled part of the lip in FD

IC3R

Smash Lord
Tap Dance -> Bullet Seed, Mach Tornado, (jump) + Chomp
Suplex -> Charge Shot, Aura Sphere, Blaster, RoboBeam
Suplex -> Egg Lay -> Flare Kick, Drop Kick

Grenade (Shield Drop) -> Dodge or Stone : a.k.a. Pseudo-C4 :laugh:
Thunderjolt -> (Dash) -> Break Spin, SHFF Triple Kick / ScrewDriver
Paralyzer -> Hammer or Giant Swing depending on the foe's location [ground or air]

Just a few of my favorites...

Krii

Smash Journeyman
Yeah but the thing is you have to time the spit out perfectly b/c they only go downwards if you hit a certain part of the stage. Ex. The angled part of the lip in FD
actually the timing gets easier, i did it and only missed it once (i was trying to stage spike there) Just practicing the timing makes it easier, just like any other thing learned.

This makes you worry less about having to jump out and spit, all you'd have to worry about is the spitting.

Top Bottom