• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Has Zelda's combo potential improved?

rampant_apart

Smash Apprentice
Just as the topic inquires, my friends. With the general buffs Zelda has received, are we getting a sense that her ability to string together combos have improved at all? Or that what few combos she has are just more effective? Also, this is a roundabout way of asking what combos there are. She's still not exactly good at chasing people down on foot, but Din's Fire is now a legitimate harassment tool.

I myself am no combo fiend, just a sweet and tender noob seeking insight.

Veggie123

Smash Journeyman
Her combo potential has improved quite a bit, anything that can knock an opponent off the stage connects with a Din's fire :p

Neutral A at very low percents (ie 0%), with it's slight knockback can combo into a max range Ftilt, sending your opponent in a 45 degree angle in the direction opposite of Zelda that can lead into a Utilt or Usmash (DIable).

Zelda's Dtilt is a good combo starter at low percentages. It can reliably connect into more Dtilts, Ftilt, Dsmash, and in some cases Fsmash. Dtilt can also combo into Usmash but it's a bit more escapable. (almost completely escapable if you cause your opponent to trip using Dtilt).

At higher percentages, Dtilt tends to send opponents up which lets you connect with a Usmash or Utilt, unless of course they trip in which case Dsmash would be the superior option. When your opponent has damage up the wazoo to the point of being KO'd, Dtilts will no longer be viable due to the higher knockback...and you shouldn't have to rely on them at that point anyway!

Of course, results will vary depending on the how much move decay you've built up!

Top Bottom