• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Has Hungrybox lost to a Captain Falcon in the past 5 years?

Shadoninja

Smash Cadet
I watched a recent match against him and N0ne and it was disgusting. The matchup looked impossible for N0ne who is a pretty awesome CF.

Crip

Smash Rookie
Idk where the vod is but gahtzu had an impressive win over him in a crew battle I think like a month ago.

zero sum

Smash Apprentice
he's definitely dropped sets to wizzrobe at locals. i typed in ‘hungrybox vs wizzrobe’ and one of the first results showed wizzrobe 3-0ing hbox in the first set. i don't play CF or puff but intuitively it doesn't seem like it's really that bad of a matchup for either character. it's just that no falcons are even close to hbox's level anymore and there are very few puff players period so it's hard to get experience in that mu. the reason why it probably looks so bad is that hbox has way more falcon experience than the falcons have puff experience and he's also just, well, better than them by a fairly wide margin. iirc he's definitely dropped multiple sets to wizzrobe and at least one to gahtzu, possibly others, and i'd guess that's because the florida falcons have both MU/player experience

Last edited:

Shadoninja

Smash Cadet
he's definitely dropped sets to wizzrobe at locals. i typed in ‘hungrybox vs wizzrobe’ and one of the first results showed wizzrobe 3-0ing hbox in the first set. i don't play CF or puff but intuitively it doesn't seem like it's really that bad of a matchup for either character. it's just that no falcons are even close to hbox's level anymore and there are very few puff players period so it's hard to get experience in that mu. the reason why it probably looks so bad is that hbox has way more falcon experience than the falcons have puff experience and he's also just, well, better than them by a fairly wide margin. iirc he's definitely dropped multiple sets to wizzrobe and at least one to gahtzu, possibly others, and i'd guess that's because the florida falcons have both MU/player experience
Awesome link!

Top Bottom