• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Has Anyone Played An Online Game Of Any Type That Was Lag Free

bfjs123

Smash Rookie
HAS ANYONE PLAYED AN ONLINE GAME OF ANY TYPE THAT WAS LAG FREE, i sure can't with friends or without it is still laggy, but my friend said he played 3 online with random people and it worked

boondoggler

Smash Rookie
i've only been able to successfully join 1 online game so far, and it was at least a 1 second delay. So dumb... I hope it gets better!

amjohns5

Smash Rookie
Nope, but my friend in South Carolina, Who i was on the phone with at the time, said that it was lag free all 3 times. I'm in Nebraska btw, so it's quite the distance.

whiskey

Smash Rookie
I played with one guy a few matches, the first one was super laggy. He said he was using a Wavebird and then changed it for a regular GC controller. The next matches had zero lag whatsoever. Perfect.

He thought the Wavebird had something to do with it, I dont know for sure.

GameAngel64

Smash Journeyman
All of my matches have been super laggy. My first match was ridiculously laggy, I couldn't move at all and my opponent managed to assemble a dragoon and get me with it (when I say I couldn't move, I mean I was absolutely frozen). That could have been my problem, with the router or something. I switched channels and things improved significantly, but still laggy as hell. I even played a guy on my friend list who couldn't be more than ten miles away, and it was still noticeably laggy. I really hope this is something Nintendo can fix. It's almost unplayable this way.

Habby

Smash Rookie
Yeah Whiskey and I had some great matches once i quit using the Wavebird. Corded controller for the win.

Top Bottom