• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Has anyone noticed the keyboard in the clown car's mouth?

Couldn't find a picture, but use the Koopalings running A, pause, then look on the bottom of its open mouth. There's a a bunch of black and white piano keys. Is it a reference I don't know about?

Jigglypumped

Smash Cadet
I took some pictures.

Not really sure what it is. It does resemble a keyboard, but the black keys are wrong. Maybe it's supposed to be played from the outside (if it really is a keyboard). I don't know what it's a reference to, though.

Blade Knight

Smash Ace
Seems like a subtle reference to the koopalings being named after musicians, specifically Ludwig, who plays music.

Jigglypumped

Smash Cadet
I had no idea they were all named after musicians. That's got to be the connection here. It's just weird that the keys are visible under the keyboard as well (it's hard to tell in that second picture, but they're all there).

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
I actually thought this is the end part of the mecha-koopa-eject-ramp

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Seems like a subtle reference to the koopalings being named after musicians, specifically Ludwig, who plays music.
Did not know this.

"Though they were not originally given individual names, the localizers at Nintendo of America gave them names based on musicians and celebrities. Iggy's name comes from Iggy Pop; Morton's name comes from Morton Downey, Jr., while the star-shaped mark on his eye resembles KISS guitarist Paul Stanley's makeup; Lemmy's name comes from Lemmy Kilmister of Motörhead; Ludwig's name and hairstyle comes from Ludwig van Beethoven; Roy's name comes from Roy Orbison, as do his horn-rimmed glasses; Wendy's name comes from Wendy O. Williams; but while many sources claim Larry was named after the American talk show host Larry King, his name actually comes from U2 drummer Larry Mullen, Jr."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Koopalings

Last edited:
Top Bottom