• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Has anyone noticed that...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starizzle

Smash Apprentice
I'm probably not the only one, but.....

As you all know, Ocarina of time link, windwaker link, twilight princess link, etc are not the same links, right?

Masahiro Sakurai said that all 12 characters from Smash bros 64 would return in Smash bros brawl, well, he lied.

My point of this is techinically they kicked the original link out and replaced him with a diffrent link. So the link in brawl is actually a newcomer

henrytran

Smash Apprentice
If that were true, we'd have Melee Link with his semi-spike up-B and real boomerang. That'd make a lot of Link's happy.

But unfortunately Sakurai is lame, and this is irrelevant T_T.

Ark098

Smash Cadet
If that were true, we'd have Melee Link with his semi-spike up-B and real boomerang. That'd make a lot of Link's happy.

But unfortunately Sakurai is lame, and this is irrelevant T_T.
-hate to b picky but link actually lost the semi spike spin in the PAL version so its no big change for me.

OMG newcomer slipped in under our noses!!! haha sorry but this thread = kinda pointless.

Mokai

Smash Apprentice
Link's not the only one. Pikachu got the axe too.

Y'see, Brawl's Pikachu knows Volt Tackle. A Pikachu can only know this move if it evolved from a Pichu. Thus, the Pikachu we have today is actually Melee's Pichu evolved. So make that only 10 returning originals. :/

SquallLion90

Smash Rookie
Link's not the only one. Pikachu got the axe too.

Y'see, Brawl's Pikachu knows Volt Tackle. A Pikachu can only know this move if it evolved from a Pichu. Thus, the Pikachu we have today is actually Melee's Pichu evolved. So make that only 10 returning originals. :/
That's also what me and all my friends think about Brawl's Pikachu lol

I feel the same way about Brawl's Link being a newcomer. The same goes for Zelda and Ganondorf because they both have their Twilight Princess attire and not the one they had in Majora's Mask/Ocarina of Time (which is the attire they used in Melee.) What kind of bothers me though is that Sheik isn't in Twilight Princess, yet she's the alter ego of Twilight Princess's Zelda in Brawl which leads me to think that Sheik and Zelda should've been separate characters since they're technically from different games.

D

Deleted member

... which leads me to think that Sheik and Zelda should've been separate characters since they're technically from different games.
.............zelda and sheik are the same people.........

/hardcore loz fan

SquallLion90

Smash Rookie
.............zelda and sheik are the same people.........

/hardcore loz fan
I know, I'm saying that since Brawl has the Twilight Princess incarnation of Zelda that didn't turn into Sheik in the game, and not the Ocarina of Time Zelda that could, then that means that Zelda shouldn't be able to turn into Sheik in Brawl if Nintendo was really going by the most recent Legend of Zelda incarnations. Basically, I think the Zelda in Brawl is a cross between the Zelda in Twilight Princess and the one in Ocarina of Time and not just the one in Twilight Princess.

Mokai

Smash Apprentice
I know, I'm saying that since Brawl has the Twilight Princess incarnation of Zelda that didn't turn into Sheik in the game, and not the Ocarina of Time Zelda that could, then that means that Zelda shouldn't be able to turn into Sheik in Brawl if Nintendo was really going by the most recent Legend of Zelda incarnations. Basically, I think the Zelda in Brawl is a cross between the Zelda in Twilight Princess and the one in Ocarina of Time and not just the one in Twilight Princess.
It's not that the Twilight Princess version couldn't turn into Shiek, but rather we never saw it. The TP Zelda still has incredibly potent magical abilaties, thus it's fair to assume that she could take Shiek's form if she wanted to.

But yes. I see where you're coming from. XP

Fatalized

Smash Apprentice
You see what i dont get is why would we need two links? I think that it is awesome that we could choose from Link and Toon Link but why? Havent any of u wonder that? Sorry off topic lol. Anyways. Ur wrong their all the same.

The Link from the first SSB is the Link from Ocarina of Time.
The Link from Melee is also the Link from Ocarina of Time.
The Link from Brawl is the Link from Twilight Princess.

Technically it is the same Link but he has just evolved. Or grown up. Notice how he is more Mature in Twilight then he is in the other games. He has new clothing and everything. The Link from the other games are much younger and far less powerful then the "New" Link. New as in IMPROVEd. So NO, there is not a new Link. Also hes getting old i mean look at him. Pretty soon like next year Link will have grown old and their will be...

"The Legend of Zelda: The Last Stand"

Stand being his last time ever being setting foot again. He be old and die. Sorry I dont want this to happen (and it probably wont :)) But u get my point. I think the next zelda game should be called

"The Legend of Zelda: The Dark Ages"

I think the title sounds cool lol...

Mokai

Smash Apprentice
Technically it is the same Link but he has just evolved. Or grown up. Notice how he is more Mature in Twilight then he is in the other games. He has new clothing and everything. The Link from the other games are much younger and far less powerful then the "New" Link. New as in IMPROVEd. So NO, there is not a new Link. Also hes getting old i mean look at him. Pretty soon like next year Link will have grown old and their will be...
Not quite; the Legend of Zelda series is well known for being an "Alternate universe" sort of series. It's not like, say, Suikoden where every game takes place in a different time and region of the same world. Rather, there's lots and lots of alternate worlds with kingdoms called Hyrule. In each of these alternate worlds there's a Link, a Zelda and a Ganondorf. It's basically like an oral folkstory which changes every time it's told but retains the same key points.

If you need evidence, look no further than variables such as the geography of Hyrule or Link's family relations from game to game.

Crooked Crow

drank from lakes of sorrow
Captain Falcon is not as manly he was in 64 or Melee.
He is surely an imposter!

9 veterans of 64

henrytran

Smash Apprentice
Captain Falcon is not as manly he was in 64 or Melee.
He is surely an imposter!

9 veterans of 64
Quote for truth.

His "show me your moves" taunt was seriously gimped as well. Not nearly as awesome as it was in Melee. Must be Captain Crunch Falcon =/.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom