• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Has anyone noticed that none of the older Final Smashes have been shown yet?

AquaDork1

Smash Apprentice
Yoshi will probably get a new Final Smash due to Mega Charizard X being identical to Yoshi's Final Smash in Brawl.

Moldy Clay

Smash Journeyman
NNID
frothyjazz54
3DS FC
3050-8737-8491
I don't think ALL of them will be changed, but I am hoping that Bowser gets something actually from the games (Koopa Clown Car? Airship? Koopalings?) instead of LOLOMG GIGA BOWSER.

Additionally, I think they need to redo Peach's, DK's, Jigglypuff's, R.O.B.'s, Wario's, and Dedede's to be better representations.

I think Zero Suit Samus's & Sheik's are almost guaranteed to change.

Toon Link's, the Star Fox characters, and MOTHER characters will potentially/hopefully not be copypasta. Personally, I would be fine with both Link's AND Toon Link's changing.

Ganondorf can go either way. I used his a lot, and it wasn't a clone of C.Falcon's (which was good) but I feel that actual Ganon (not TP's) would be a better one.

I really don't like the fact that a lot of the currently revealed ones (and by a lot, I mean 3) are just transforming ones. I want grand attacks, not this fancy "I am stronger/bigger" things where you're just playing normally, but beefed up.

KatKit

Smash Lord
Since Landmasters are played out, I can imagine Sakurai giving Fox the Blue Marine instead. Plus keeping him out of an Arwing might be an ongoing joke.

Mr.Seven

Smash Journeyman
NNID
The_FPG
I hope Lucas gets a new Final Smash. I actually want him to return, but with some new moves to differentiate himself from Ness even further. Like, his new Final Smash could be PK Love, which was unique to Lucas. Ness should also have a Final Smash change. I think he should get PSI Rockin as a new Final Smash. PK Starstorm is great and all, but it was never really learned by Ness or Lucas. I know most of their moves are a combination of all Mother characters, but their Final Smashes should scream, "This is Ness!" or "Lucas!"

Toon Link should get a new Final Smash as well. Maybe dealing with trains, or call in Giant Tornadoes by playing the Ballad of Gales? Triforce Slash is great and all, but I think it should stay to regular Link.

I expect Shiek to get a new Final Smash, since she is separate from Zelda now. Same with Zero Suit Samus.

I hope Falco gets a new Final Smash. Giving all three Starfox reps the same one is just lazy design. Same with Wolf, if he returns.

And it would be the best thing ever if this was Captain Falcon's Final Smash in the new one:

An ultimate-charged falcon punch that just explodes the universe.

Last edited:

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Let's talk about how we haven't seen any 3DS final smashes (something tells me Sakurai isn't implementing them?)
We've seen the Smash Ball on the 3DS, don't worry. ^^

I KINDA suspect the 3DS version will have completely unique Final Smashes, though. Simpler ones.

MrsAccount

Smash Cadet
I so don't care for Masked Dedede. It would be yet another meaningless transformation that just does not fit his character at all. Also, Mario should just get a question block over his head and receive item overload (Mushroom, Metal Box, Fire Flower, Super Leaf... maybe even the Double Cherry for double the punches?) instead of launching a bunch of fire.

Maybe Sakurai wants the Final Smashes to remain a bit special. We know they are adding a lot of flair to them, maybe he just doesn't want to reveal too much so you get a powerful impression when you launch them for the first time?

BioZelink

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Biozelink
3DS FC
4811-7130-3977
cough cough...Samus's Zero laser?

Super FOG

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FOG2006
3DS FC
4253-3752-2801
We've seen the Smash Ball on the 3DS, don't worry. ^^

I KINDA suspect the 3DS version will have completely unique Final Smashes, though. Simpler ones.
There are no reasons to make different Final Smashes on the 3DS version, since the roster is already the exact same.

I want to se the blazing glory of the Mario Finale in stereoscopic 3D!

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
There are no reasons to make different Final Smashes on the 3DS version, since the roster is already the exact same.

I want to se the blazing glory of the Mario Finale in stereoscopic 3D!
Well, never said it WOULD happen, but I just thought that some of the Wii-U ones MAY be a littl too much for the 3DS. Not just for it's Power, but for it's small size.
But we'll see. I just thought there should be a reason there hasn't been any shown yet~

Giga Man

Smash Journeyman
cough cough...Samus's Zero laser?
Read the OP.

I'm surprised they haven't shown Mario's yet. You'd think his would be the first one shown. I hope it's different. I hope all the Mario characters' final smashes will be different to better represent them, and also to make better ones because Peach's sucked.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
The only one confirmed to be the same so far is Samus' Zero Laser, and it's not entirely the same. Every other confirmed Final Smash for veterans is entirely new. (Poltergust, Ultra Sword, Mega Charizard X, and possibly Mega Lucario)

Do you think the majority have been changed, or do you think they're just showing the new ones first?
Poltergust wasn't confirmed, actually. Otherwise, you're correct. It's possibly a Final Smash and is in the same gray area as Mega Lucario. "Very likely, but hasn't been actually said yet." Just wanted to point that out. It's hinted at, but he never said it was more than just a move for Luigi to use at best. I do realize it looks a lot like it's the actual case too. That's why it's "hinted at", but I don't know why he refused to confirm it. Either way, wasn't confirmed.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Captain Falcon should have a Falcon Punch that Blows Up Everything! Or the P.O.K.E.

Top Bottom