• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

has anyone notice third-party trophies are rarer than nintendo ones?

Dark Paladin X

Smash Journeyman
I was playing the coin launcher and I notice I was getting more trophies from Kirby, Pokemon, and Mario than from Sonic the Hedgehog and Metal Gear Solid. Did anyone noticed this?

25%Cotton

Smash Ace
NNID
Samu.S
3DS FC
4785-5442-4678
maybe that's because there are only two third party series... and tons of nintendo series...........

A New Challenger

Smash Apprentice
A) No Ocelot trophy.

B) Yeah, **** animal crossing. Every last god****ed pixel from that game seems to have it's own trophy.

25%Cotton

Smash Ace
NNID
Samu.S
3DS FC
4785-5442-4678
let's see... my metal gear trophies so far:

snake
grenade launcher
metal gear rex
metal gear ray
naked snake
shagohod
iroquois pliskin
gekko
gray fox
cypher
cardboard box

that's 11.

sonic trophies:

sonic the hedgehog
super sonic
shadow
tails
dr. eggman
knuckles
amy
blaze
chao
cream
jet

that's 11.

:p same number

captainfalconmute

Smash Ace
B) Yeah, **** animal crossing. Every last god****ed pixel from that game seems to have it's own trophy.
the amount of animal crossing content in the game is ridiculous.

i havent even seen a list of all the trophies, but animal crossing has its own stage, plus there must be about 9 or 10 animal crossing songs for that stage, plus all those trophies, stickers etc...

and theres isnt even an animal crossing character in the game!!!!

why they represented such a mediocre series so strongly i will never know.

25%Cotton

Smash Ace
NNID
Samu.S
3DS FC
4785-5442-4678
the amount of animal crossing content in the game is ridiculous.

i havent even seen a list of all the trophies, but animal crossing has its own stage, plus there must be about 9 or 10 animal crossing songs for that stage, plus all those trophies, stickers etc...

and theres isnt even an animal crossing character in the game!!!!

why they represented such a mediocre series so strongly i will never know.
animal crossing is a GREAT series!!

wild world is a better game than the gcn one, but it was lacking the same charm the prequel had...

i don't know, though... you guys come off as major action game fans (um... i wonder why), so you probably wouldn't understand. i could be wrong though.

captainfalconmute

Smash Ace

wild world is a better game than the gcn one, but it was lacking the same charm the prequel had...

i don't know, though... you guys come off as major action game fans (um... i wonder why), so you probably wouldn't understand. i could be wrong though.
well ok maybe animal crossing is a very good series, i havent actually ever played it.

what i meant by mediocre is that it isnt exactly a very high-profile series, its nowhere near as well known as other series' in the game which, aside from characters, got far less representation in Brawl.

maybe mediocre was the wrong word to use though...

xl Lan lx

Smash Apprentice

I agree.

However, there isn't even an AC rep, so it feels kinda pointless to have so much AC-related content.

Conan

Smash Cadet
Isn't the reason that there is so much AC representation is because there IS no character?

"How can we represent the animal crossing franchaise as much as the others without actually having a character?"

well....

Firebert

Smash Ace
Isn't the reason that there is so much AC representation is because there IS no character?

"How can we represent the animal crossing franchaise as much as the others without actually having a character?"

well....
Which is contradictory in and of itself. Wouldn't the series with more PC's have more trophies than one with none?
But on topic, Nintendo would have to ask more for additional 3rd-party trophies, and 3rd-party content in general.

Darkjad

Smash Cadet
let's see... my metal gear trophies so far:
snake
grenade launcher
metal gear rex
metal gear ray
naked snake
shagohod
iroquois pliskin
gekko
gray fox
cypher
cardboard box
There's a Naked Snake trophy? I also hear there's a Big Boss sticker.

****, time to pimp up my SSE trophies with +Trophy drops and +Sticker drops and ***** out Intense.

Dark Paladin X

Smash Journeyman
well it does make sense that since it's a nintendo game, I would expect that getting cream the rabbit trophy would be slim.

Senshuu

Smash Journeyman
Everyone I know <3s Animal Crossing. Why would anyone hate Animal Crossing? Seriously!

But yeah, seems like every other minute I'm getting AC trophies. Hmm.

Dark Paladin X

Smash Journeyman
im not sure how a character in animal crossing would fit as a playable character, but nintendo did a good job making their trophies way too common. I expected that animal crossing was extremely popular.

Viroxor

Smash Ace
Aw, I hoped there would be a trophy for Revolver Ocelot. He even gets mentioned by name in the codec sequences, along with Psycho Mantis.

Big Boss is pretty cool, though. I have Metal Gear REX, but not RAY. If they were gonna put in RAY, wouldn't it also make sense to put in at least one character from MGS2? Raiden or Solidus at least? Ah well. I have a bunch of Sonic trophies that I have no idea who they are. Apparently, there's a purple cat named Blaze that's from some alternate dimension and shoots fire or something. O_O.

Top Bottom