• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Has anyone fought a pro player?

7NATOR

Smash Master
On For Glory

sorry did not put it in the title

And if you did, did you beat them, or did you get bodied

and do you know any way to get lucky and fight them

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
I fought shofu once. He destroyed me the first match, so I switched to Mario and from there we were evenly matched.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Wait, Shofu is pro

who did he "Destroy you with"
I suppose he's not a pro, but he's not some old no-name.

He was Fox, of course, and I was Falco. Not only is that a bad matchup for the bird, but Falco is one of my worse characters.

7NATOR

Smash Master
Good,Shofu Needs to learn that he is not the best and needs to get bodied 9000 tines by Bayonetta's 60% combos and Infinite sHoryukens

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Good,Shofu Needs to learn that he is not the best and needs to get bodied 9000 tines by Bayonetta's 60% combos and Infinite sHoryukens
I don't think he's ever acknowledged himself as the best...

Last edited:

TheArcfire

Smash Rookie
NNID
ProfesorSanchez
I fought False once at gxpo, it was zss vs robin. It was a pretty even match the first stock but then I sd'd and he started snowballing and he won

FallenHero

Smash Ace
I remember within the first month I fought against one of Shofu's friends on the 3DS version. I was fighting Zef (the other Little Mac main besides Styles) for just one match probably because he completely destroyed me with his Little Mac and got bored. That was before I really knew how to deal with Little Macs that knew what they were doing, so I wonder what it would be like if I were to rematch him.

wingedarcher7

The PSI Powerhouse
NNID
speedstar623
3DS FC
3411-2028-1159
I don't really see Shofu doing anything wrong. I never took him anywhere close to being the overly cocky guy who insists that no one can beat him. He seems like a cool guy who just likes to play with his friends.

But no, I've never played against a pro player before. I usually just watch streams of pros and enjoy it well enough without having to jump in myself.

FallenHero

Smash Ace
I also fought TKBreezy in Rivals of Aether, but idk if that counts since it is a different game and I was subbed to him on twitch, so played him on stream.

FamilyTeam

This strength serves more than me alone.
NNID
MontanaCity
My friend actually invited a somewhat well known local player to one of our tournaments.
The problem is that I kinda forced myself to play at the tournament so my game was far from the best that day. Even though he 2 stocked me both matches, frankly I wasn't impressed. I wasn't even playing that well and, in both matches, it still took a while for him to barely 2-stock.
I wish I could play again against him.

FrankTheStud

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FrankDaStud
I'm not sure if I ever battled a pro online, but I have definitely battled some great players on For Glory. I fought against a fairly well-known Pikachu player at a Tournament in Tampa last summer... I don't remember his name, as one of my friends showed me a video of him commenting at Smash 4 tournaments (months after the one I played at) in Pikachu gear and I realized it was him. I ended up beating him in pools and knocked him out of the tournament, but he was a really good player--it was definitely a fun set. If I remember his name I'll edit my comment and put it here, but that was the closet I ever got to battling a "pro" or "Smash celebrity."

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
I'm not sure if I ever battled a pro online, but I have definitely battled some great players on For Glory. I fought against a fairly well-known Pikachu player at a Tournament in Tampa last summer... I don't remember his name, as one of my friends showed me a video of him commenting at Smash 4 tournaments (months after the one I played at) in Pikachu gear and I realized it was him. I ended up beating him in pools and knocked him out of the tournament, but he was a really good player--it was definitely a fun set. If I remember his name I'll edit my comment and put it here, but that was the closet I ever got to battling a "pro" or "Smash celebrity."
The Pilachus I know of are Esam, Nakat, Z, Captain L, and JacobT. If it wasn't one of those, chances are he isn't that popular

Last edited:

FrankTheStud

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FrankDaStud
The Pilachus I know of are Assam, Nakat, Z, Captain L, and JacobT. If it wasn't one of those, chances are he isn't that popular
I'll have to look up those names when I have a chance... He was in complete Pikachu gear when I saw him commenting at other tournaments on streams. He had a Pikachu hat, jacket, everything--He was decked out!

C0rvus

Pro Hands Catcher
I played Nairo at the last SKTAR, in pools. I lost hard, of course. I feel like I could give good players a run for their money, but not Nairo. His high pressure style is like, my antithesis.

Dar4

Smash Apprentice
I randomly ran into Nairo on For Glory once. It was nuts.

When I saw his tag I at first was like well this is probably just some fanboy imitating Nairo with his tag. Then the match started, LOL. I saw that he was using :4zss: and I was like wait...is this really Nairo? And it was obvious from how good he was that it was in fact the real Nairo.

He nice enough to stick around for 3 games, during all 3 of which he destroyed me. I immediately checked Nairo's twitch stream to confirm that it was him and it was. I rewinded the stream later and watched our matches.

This was like a year ago and I've gotten way better since this happened, and would love to test myself against a top player again sometime.

Last edited:

Nexin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Nexinitus
I don't believe I've run into any major tournament players on For Glory, but a while back on Anther's Ladder I played against Dabuz. It was back when I was first learning how to use Ryu, so combined with the nerves I experienced from facing a top player for the first time, I played extremely poorly that game. Even though I did manage to take a few stocks from him, he probably wasn't taking me completely seriously at the time.

D

Deleted member

I've fought Captain Crunch and Plup before at my Melee weeklies. Got destroyed but good god it was fun as hell.

ShadowKing

Smash Ace
NNID
TheShadowKing24
3DS FC
4785-7167-2769
I ran into m2k on for glory and god did I get destroyed I was able to take a few stocks but ended up losing the matches

Last edited:

MarMarTheGreat

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dylannumar2
3DS FC
2595-2936-3247
Didnt face anyone I would recognize (3DS you know)

Had some great matches on FG against a Pikachu main who knew what he was doing...Destroyed me but my main Corrin threw him off very hard..(since Corrin is new)

Japanese Cloud Main? I got bodied by a very pro FOX once...

Meh

valakmtnsmash4

Smash Ace
NNID
yathshiv
Fought against Venia(one of the best greninja mains) and TK breezy
Pretty good matches, even though I got gimped so hard by venia

Simperheve

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Simperheve
Not sure about any Pro players, but I've fought quite a few Tournament regulars. The night before last I played someone called "Badr" on FG, only to find out he's participating in BEAST 6 and has a decent price on the Fantasy Draft! What was funny was that I got totally stomped as my main (Luigi) but managed to get a win off his Bayonetta as Roy, and his Diddy Kong as Pikachu!

WritersBlah

Smash Journeyman
NNID
WritersBlah999
I fought Dath (pro :4robinf: player in South Florida) at a local tournament once. We did two games. I couldn't take a stock off the guy. :/ I almost did in the second match, but he played really defensively from then on, and I couldn't land the KO.

Top Bottom