• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Has anyone else noticed...

Raustblackdragon

Smash Apprentice
Has anyone else noticed...

That the gravity in the subspace emissary levels is greater?

This makes several glaring little inconveniences:

*Diddy's up B is horribly, HORRIBLY useless, making it impossible to gain any distance up with it unless used uncharged.

*Gliding characters lose immense amounts of height before they finally shift into glide mode, resulting in almost NO use for getting around

*ALL multi-jump characters seem to struggle to stay in the air... metaknight in particular doesn't really look like any of those great jumps of his are... going anywhere...

* Zamus's wall jump... I can't say it.

has anyone else noticed any of this?

carryonmywaywardson

Smash Cadet
YES!! Thankyou! I thought I was crazy. Link's up B is basically worthless. On the other hand, it's a bit more like Melee, so I played better.

zarkawi

Smash Cadet
i didn't actually notice the high gravity, strange being a metaknight main. I did however notice some strange things with run speed. it's not as though everyone ran slower, only some characters. For instance, in the lvl where you get mk, marth and ike, my sister was ike and she was running FASTER than i was as mk... SSE is a little weird

BananaX

Smash Apprentice
I knew it! I noticed it especially as I was playing with Pit. I thought they must have used prototype builds or something for the characters in SSE. I'm glad I'm not crazy.

Crazy_mofo213

Smash Lord
Yea i noticed it to but i read in an interview with Sakarai that he changed the running and jumping for the subspace emissary idk why but i guess it would make it harder to evade enemies (sonic dashing through the stage in a minute:p)

kazaken455

Smash Apprentice
I did kinda notice that multiple jumpers had trouble staying up. It was always annoying. Plus Diddy's up b just sucked bad.

votescu

Smash Rookie
yeah i noticed that too with Pit. Not only in the Subspace but on the Halbred: if you have a floaty character you tend to go nowhere cause the wind is pushing you lol. My friend got so mad at me for dying twice there when we were doing co-op.

Top Bottom