• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Has anyone else noticed?

Seraphi-Kid

Smash Rookie
That Angel Ring has a slight knockback even when you don't connect with it?

This is easiest to see if you go into training, put the CPU to 999% and then use Angel Ring just close enough to not hit them but end up right in their face. They will go rocketing sideways when it ends, or in Jigglypuff's case (On the edge of FD), will die.

Oh, yes, I know this is useless in almost any situation, as the knockback is hardly even noticable until your opponent is around 300%, and even then they only slide back a few feet. But it might be able to tell us a little more about the attack's properties. Aside from that, it's just for the lols.

The reason I'm even bothering to mention this, is because while screwing around with it while bored, I used it near the edge of FD while a CPU Ike was attempting to recover with Aether. When I ended the Angel Ring (Because, let's face it, we all only use it to hear "Hiyayaya!"), Ike's Aether animation was interrupted and he just ....fell, even though I hadn't touched him. I'm also 100% positive he didn't just miss the ledge with his sword.

Odd.

Rhyfelwyr

Smash Ace
I knew that the ending of side-B had a wind push affect, but I didn't know it changed with damage, good find. I tried testing the same thing with up-B's wind push, and it's always the same regardless of damage.

Top Bottom