• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Has anyone else had a lot of trouble executing shinegrab?

Riio

Smash Cadet
I'm technical enough with Falco where execution isn't much of a problem and I can make him do what I want, except for shinegrabs. For some reason I can't shinegrab unless I wait a beat after shining, which kinda of defeats the purpose. I've tried every input combination (controlstick + z, Y/X + z, even stick/Y/X + L + A) but if I try to jumpcancel the shine immediately I just jump out. I can JC grabs normally so I dunno what the problem is.

noobird

Smash Journeyman
press z after you jump? the only explanation i can think of is that you're pressing z way too early; as long as you think about pressing it after y/up/x then you'll be fine. afaik

MOJoe

Smash Cadet
Riio sucks. Just kidding. Yeah. You're probably grabbing too early. What I did to practice it is set up a 2p match and tape down the shield button on the other contoller. Then just keep trying different timings for your grab until you get it down. (this is how I practice all of my shield pressuring actually.) and after their shield breaks, it'll never be full again, so you can just f smash them off the edge so they spawn with a full shield if you so desire.
p.s. This is Joey from the Facebook group if you didn't know.

Punzz

Smash Rookie
dude just hit z and x at the same time like after you shine hold b and you will stay in your shine then hit z and x or z and y and just keep doin g that until you got it shine grabds or easy wants tou find the timing

MOJoe

Smash Cadet
Also, this a weird instance for me in that I use up on the control stick to jump. I don't know why, but it works for me.

Top Bottom