• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Has anyone considered using Y.Link/Links bombs to escape from wobbling?

Metal#008

Smash Rookie
I’ve been using Young link as my original childhood Main since 2001. Ive recently started to pick up the IC’s and I’m just wondering are there any characters other than link or young link that can escape a wobble once grabbed?

When I understand the Ice climbers better as a character I’d like to make a young link v. IC’s match up guide but for now.. is there evidence in tournament of a link player holding on to his bombs as a anti-wobble tech? Theoretically you could escape every wobble attempt if you were holding a bomb when grabbed because it will explode after 5 seconds (I believe) and would end the wobble. Young link is top tier in ultimate and I’ve always known he was a deadly force in melee too!

Last edited:

BEZELGA

Smash Rookie
The thing about links is that they are very hard countered by high tiers so they end up being underplayed. As only being played by Axe at top 100 lv, there is almost no recent videos about Y. Link.

As my own experience I have a friend who used to main Y. Link and if I was wobbling him while he had a bomb I just ended it w foward smash then wavedash F smash and once Y. Link was off stage it was easy to pressure w ice cubes forcing him to Up B and so on...

Top Bottom