• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS Has anyone confirmed whether or not the 3ds version will have "game chat"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TryHardOliver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0130-2283-2936
I'm pretty sure it friend match only.
So you can't chat with strangers online.

Hitzel

Smash Ace
I'm more worried that I won't be able to party up with a friend and play 2v2's against other pairs.

Roycethewaffle

Smash Rookie
I wish there was download play but no, Nintendo wants that gone. I also have to say I hope but no for the game chat. But in a few short days all will be revealed so I will wait

LadPrime

Smash Rookie
Has there been any word on using Game Chat while playing with friends? I won't mind if it's excluded for With Anyone mode, but playing with friends I see no reason not to have that option.

CrowGoesCaw

Smash Journeyman
If you mean the taunt texts brawl had, pretty sure I saw that in one of the offical clips. Though I don't remember which one. No idea if it's friends only or not.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Has there been any word on using Game Chat while playing with friends? I won't mind if it's excluded for With Anyone mode, but playing with friends I see no reason not to have that option.
I see no reason for Mario Kart 8 to not have that option, either. But it doesn't.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Mario Kart 8 has voice chat with friends
Not during the race itself. It inexplicably shuts off the moment the race starts, which I've never understood.

My little brother and I never play online anymore because it's just not as fun. If we play, I need to make the 45min. drive back to our parents' house just to do it.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Not during the race itself. It inexplicably shuts off the moment the race starts, which I've never understood.

My little brother and I never play online anymore because it's just not as fun. If we play, I need to make the 45min. drive back to our parents' house just to do it.
Probably to get rid of any trash talk. Ever hear COD players on voice chat? But its Nintendo, so theyre super restricted.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Probably to get rid of any trash talk. Ever hear COD players on voice chat? But its Nintendo, so theyre super restricted.
But it's a friend match. I'm playing with my friend. I willingly sought out a person I already know, invited him to play, then started playing with him. What could they possibly need to censor during the course of a race that can't be said in between races?

As I said, inexplicable. That design decision was one of the most asinine I've ever seen in game development.

But anyway, back on topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom