• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Has anyone been able to play online with zero lag?

uCooL

Smash Ace
NNID
SuperMurio
Ive tried brawl online a few times over the past few years. Every time i did i was severely disappointed in just about every way possible. Time it takes to find a player, getting kicked from the waiting room, and horrible lag when i did actually connect to a match.

Anyway, my brother has a wii i want to know if its worth to put PM on his wii and buy us both Ethernet adapters so we can play online via friend codes.

We can only play together if he can get a ride to my house so online would be way more convenient. I don't wanna get my hopes up if online play isnt that great though.

What's the general consensus on the online quality of play?

(i tried entering the chat for finding online friends up in the sticky a few times, but no one ever responds)

Vigilante

Smash Lord
Well, Murio, Brawl's netcode at the moment forced a few frames of input lag on the players no matter how good their connection is. I can't really say if we have any plans to improve the online experience, of it it is at all possible (I'm not an ASM coder), but it's a problem inherent in Brawl's coding. There are often poeple availiable for online play in the chat, but for optimal experience, I'd suggest checking your regional boards. There are a lot of smashers like you who want smashing partners. I'm sure you can find some near you!

uCooL

Smash Ace
NNID
SuperMurio
Well, Murio, Brawl's netcode at the moment forced a few frames of input lag on the players no matter how good their connection is. I can't really say if we have any plans to improve the online experience, of it it is at all possible (I'm not an ASM coder), but it's a problem inherent in Brawl's coding. There are often poeple availiable for online play in the chat, but for optimal experience, I'd suggest checking your regional boards. There are a lot of smashers like you who want smashing partners. I'm sure you can find some near you!
awesome thanx for the input!!

Burnsy

Smash Lord
I also recommend the Dabessdi chat, you will at least find a match fast. Sometimes you can get REALLY lucky and score a pretty good connection. I've had matches with a guy once from AZ to Cali that felt almost latency free. Chances of that happening are slim though, and even a great connection like that could never substitute for the real thing.

RomeDogg

Smash Journeyman
^ That and everyone there is constantly dogging on playing online. Also DabessDi has people that have never been to the Irc chat or on SmashBoards there. Also I hate how when you get on IRC you don't see any previous messages and I guess I personally just don't like irc chats myself.

Top Bottom