• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Has any team ever pulled off the legendary JV 10 stock?

TacoLord9000

Smash Cadet
Since getting a JV 5 stock in singles is so difficult, I can't even imagine trying to get a JV 10 stock in doubles where it is so much more chaotic.

ECHOnce

Smash Lord
I doubt this is realistically possible. When JV5's are possible, it's because there's a serious skill/knowledge/focus gap and they're getting read everywhere and the better player is so careful that they can't be read or touched. Mixups are the only thing the worse player has in that kind of position, and as you noted, they'd be much easier to pull off in teams. Having 4 players on a stage also means less space to use to keep from getting hit, on top of having to focus on playing perfectly against more than just one flailing hitbox.

Prob could happen with just two JV5s if the two opponents can be separated, but they'd prob try team one person then and there's bound to be a mistake on the partner's part trying to aggro one of them over.

Last edited:

Twunt

Smash Cadet
Idea - Ness with Fox/Falco/Samus/etc.

Ness goes ham, partner plays defensive.

Partner heals Ness whenever possible. Trolly... and lol Ness, but could work?

Or even double ness to heal each other XD

Last edited:

Beach

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CallMeBeach
Idea - Ness with Fox/Falco/Samus/etc.

Ness goes ham, partner plays defensive.

Partner heals Ness whenever possible. Trolly... and lol Ness, but could work?

Or even double ness to heal each other XD
I don't think there are many Ness players who could honestly "go ham" on many competent players in Melee.

Twunt

Smash Cadet
I don't think there are many Ness players who could honestly "go ham" on many competent players in Melee.
The OP wasn't really mentioning the competence of the players involved in this. Frankly, most JV5s in singles aren't involving the most competent players.

There would definitely be a significant skill gap between the teams if this ever were to happen. So maybe the players on the losing end of it wouldn't be "competent" by some people's definition.

I was simply throwing the idea out of having a team of 1-2 Ness to make this happen. It's a lot more forgiving given his healing ability. Especially when the alternative is for 2 people to not get hit at all, with anything, by three other people in a match.

Gotta look past his tiering for this - he's probably the most qualified character to pull something like this off. I'd try it with 2 though XD.

Last edited:
Top Bottom