• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Has a CPU ever Wavelanded/dashed on you?

Pyrostormer

Smash Lord
Before you ask, YES I SEARCHED!.

My Story: I was playing as Doc on Battlefield against a lvl 1 DK. He started to get really air dodgey-ish. He Jumped right above the platform on the far right and wavelanded forward. I pretty much just looked at the screen then quit playing against the CPU. I told my friend.

:dizzy:
Kinda weird if you ask me. :psycho:
:laugh:

If it has ever happend to you, let us hear your stories.

purekorea

Smash Journeyman
What term did you search? I've seen a couple threads about this.

There was been multiple instances of cpus wavedashing, ledgeteching, and some other stuff.

edit. I searched the same thing you did nothing relevent came up, but yea there has been a couple of these threads just to let you know.

takieddine

Smash Master
CPU's are amazing, one (cant remember) actually did waveland on FD on me... they occasionally do a perfectly horizontal triangle jump, that might end up a WD... They also like to ledge tech X_X, i shinespiked a falco. twice, he was able to ledge tech my shines...

Winston

Smash Master
Seattle, WA (slightly north of U-District)
Haha, check out this video...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qv_MfLWZJE
at like, 0:24, the computer randomly ledgetechjumps a shine into a uair ^^

ironically, the point of the vid is to show how bad cpus are.

Personally, the most impressive thing a comp has done on me is ledgetech, though once in a long while they will short hop laser, or short hop aerial (without fast fall or l cancel).

EDIT: well, powershielding doesn't count, because they do that so regularly >_>

p.e.

Smash Rookie
I think, if there was a level 10 the CPUs would own more randomly.
I hope Brawl has level 10s.

Somebody

Smash Journeyman
Yeah this has happened to me before too. I was on Corneria fighting a lvl 9 marth and we were on the right side standing on the booster part.

He jumped and right as he left the ground I jabbed and he airdodged towards me, wavedashed behind me and fsmashed. I got ownt....

Justin

Smash Apprentice
I had a CPU wavedash on me years ago..or atleast it looked like he did. I thought I was seeing ****. I'm still a little skeptical about it, but I don't doubt it either.

Klowne

Smash Journeyman
I remember there was a thread like this in the link forums a while back; everyone was going bat-crazy because some link CPU happened to wavedash, so everyone jumped to the obvious (right?) conclusion that ssbm computers can learn and incorporate our moves. To this day i still wonder if that was just a big troll thread.

Anyway, once when i was beating up a level 1 kirby with ganondorf, he meteor cancelled my stomp three times in a row, and on the fourth, he ledge teched. I think a computer's ability to tech/MC is the same regardless of level, which is why it's so fun to stomp level 1 kirbys. You guys should try it sometime.

btk Ace

Smash Apprentice
Computers are **** :D
hahaha
it seems to me that level 1 computers will do really amazing things
like wave land
ive seen it quite a bit

Top Bottom