• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Harrisburg PA Weekly Smash Nights

Gummi

Smash Rookie
Hi everyone, I briefly wanted to introduce myself(being new to the smash scene). My friends and I picked up smash ~3 months ago and it quickly took over our weekly 'game night' which is now smash night. Currently we play anywhere from 1 to 4 times a week I would say(closer to 1 once college semesters resume). There are five of us and we just wanted to invite anyone around the Harrisburg area to come out and play. We are all trying to improve and would love meeting and playing with other smashers. Anyone is welcome to come and play with us, whether you be significantly better or just starting like we are.

About our weekly game nights:
Our set smash night is every Thursday night and then we also play any nights people are bored and free to get together. We primarily play Melee(~95% of the time), and then switch to PM when we want a break or w/e. Depending on work/school schedules we play from around 7pm-Midnight(sometimes starting later and ending way later if no one is busy in the morning). Most nights we just take turns with 1v1s or do some 2v2s when we feel like changing it up. I will mention we don't have a readily available CRT so we deal with the few frames lag from newer TVs. Between us we have several melee setups and several pm setups but due to our size normally only have 1 going per night. If more people come to play we could easily have a 2nd going and feasibly have a 3rd(I think lol). We currently stream every night so anyone can go back and look over anything they might have wanted to re-watch and learn from.

About our group:
Currently there is 5 of us(hopefully more once this is posted). I would say 3 of us have a serious interest in improving and the other 2 are more relaxed and just enjoy playing on game night. Recently the 3 more serious of us went to Fight Pitt 3 and were blown away with how awesome this community is. We all got thoroughly destroyed in pools(I was in M2Ks, so that was a quick 4stock but great experience), we managed to win a single match between the three of us. That tournament I feel really cemented our desires to improve and become more active in the smash scene. Now for some non-smash related infos, we are all around 22-23, and occasionally will bring beer and such when we play. Even though we are all the same age we would love to play with anyone(older or younger). We don't mind playing with people under 21(just don't expect drinks). Other than that we are all pretty laid back(until someone gets a little too salty once in a while) and get a long with pretty much anyone.

I hope some of you decide to come out and play with us. Feel free to message me on here or join our facebook group(important links below) if interested.
Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/gummixx
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/hbgsmash/

I also want to point out that there is another Harrisburg Area thread on smashboards and they also have a separate facebook group. The purpose of this thread was to invite other to join us on our pre-established nights. I thought a new thread would be best to make clear this isn't the same exact group, but if you are in this area I would definately recommend checking the other thread, as they appear to have a better idea of what they are doing, are more established, and aren't all new players like we are.
Thread: http://smashboards.com/threads/players-near-harrisburg-lancaster-york.336949/
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1398008993755636/

D

Deleted member

if you guys are serious about improvement you should find me.

i'm in shippensburg for the school year.

Gummi

Smash Rookie
Yea, I can't speak for everyone but we definitely want to improve. I'm not sure what you mean by 'find you' though lol. I would be down to drive to ship on weekends though.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Yea, I can't speak for everyone but we definitely want to improve. I'm not sure what you mean by 'find you' though lol. I would be down to drive to ship on weekends though.
alright. come over on saturday or sunday.

KariteSama

Smash Apprentice
I live in York and I desperately need to play more against people. I'm not very good but I've been playing forever. I mostly play P:M these days but I still love Melee.

Gummi

Smash Rookie
I live in York and I desperately need to play more against people. I'm not very good but I've been playing forever. I mostly play P:M these days but I still love Melee.
Awesome, join our facebook group and feel free to come out any night we are playing =)

D

Deleted member

i don't have a car but you guys should come over and play me before apex because i'm bored as ****. wanna work something out?

LowKey

Smash Rookie
Hey, so I am confined to my college campus without a car but I would like to get into playing smash with some other guys. I go to Messiah college in Mechanicsburg PA, if anyone could help me out I would appreciate it a lot.

Gummi

Smash Rookie
i don't have a car but you guys should come over and play me before apex because i'm bored as ****. wanna work something out?
Sorry for the late response, I doubt I will be able to make it to ship this week. It's our first week back at LVC and I've been fairly busy.

Hey, so I am confined to my college campus without a car but I would like to get into playing smash with some other guys. I go to Messiah college in Mechanicsburg PA, if anyone could help me out I would appreciate it a lot.
I would be willing to go to messiah some weekends to play, sounds fun. Join our facebook group and we can probably figure out a Saturday or something that would work.

Jesus aka jman

Smash Cadet
Wassup guys if u guys are down to play hit me up I'm down.. I'm from Harrisburg and if u r Trynna improve I can def help u with that I'm a ex melee pro been Retired for quite a while but I'm trying to start playing again but u can look me up. My tag is jman and I play fox my number is 717-585-4751 hit me up

Last edited:

Damon180

Smash Ace
I live in manchester and have Thurs and Fri nights off - def down for some gaming. I have at least 3 CRT tvs and two game cubes I can bring if needed. I believe I only have one copy of smash left after a few years of downtime. Could you give me an address and a time you guys normally start? Just want some confirmation this is still going on. I'd love to be a part of this

Edit: Feel free to throw a text my way if you have an event/fest coming up. Might be able to get my old crew together. (717) 424-0791

Last edited:

Gummi

Smash Rookie
I live in manchester and have Thurs and Fri nights off - def down for some gaming. I have at least 3 CRT tvs and two game cubes I can bring if needed. I believe I only have one copy of smash left after a few years of downtime. Could you give me an address and a time you guys normally start? Just want some confirmation this is still going on. I'd love to be a part of this

Edit: Feel free to throw a text my way if you have an event/fest coming up. Might be able to get my old crew together. (717) 424-0791
Sorry for not responding sooner, I check the facebook group significantly more often than here. The last few weeks I've been crazy busy with school and I want to move our nights to friday/saturday but we haven't actually decided yet. Due to me being busy there was been somewhat a lull in the rest of my groups activity. Join the facebook group for sure if you want to see when we are playing, or seeing as you have settups already if you were willing to host ever we would be down to play, Manchester inst too far from me.

Jeremy White

Smash Rookie
Yo I am a Messiah College student and we are hosting a tournament Tuesday May 6th. Right now we have about 13-15 people, 3 of them are solid players the rest are your typical average players. I expect that we will have about 20 people when all is said and done. Facebook me if you want some more info!!! https://www.facebook.com/jeremy.white.562329?ref=tn_tnmn… I'm gonna be honest, none competing (so far) would dominate a REAL big name tournament or anything, but there are 3 players who are clearly better than the rest competing.

Neosquid

Smash Cadet
NNID
Slowest_Of_Bros
Is this still a thing? I would love to play some new blood. I'm solely project M if that's ok!

Top Bottom