• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

'Harmony of Heroes,' Over 7 Hours of Smash Remixes, Coming 10/4

The Derrit

Smash Lord
BRoomer
While many are already chomping at the bit for Smash Bros. for 3DS tomorrow, there is one other major Smash project of note coming soon - Harmony of Heroes. This music mega-release includes over 101 songs and seven hours of remixes from franchises all over the Smash Bros. universe. Best of all, it is 100% free to use as you wish - gamers looking to update their music library, find new background music for their stream, or add new custom songs to their copy of Project M will find a lot to love here. Project M fans read on - Harmony of Heroes has some special news that you might enjoy!

https://soundcloud.com/https%3A%2F%2Fsoundcloud.com%2Fharmony-of-heroes%2Fsets%2Fharmony-of-heroes-previews Here are some previews of songs that will be available in Harmony of Heroes.
This project began April 2013. As such, it's been a long time coming, but if the previews are any indication, it will be worth the wait. Several well-known remix artists have signed on to do tracks. Two particularly notable musicians are Zircon of OverClocked ReMix fame, and Theophany, who has done some absolutely outstanding ambient arrangements of both Majora's Mask and the Metroid series. Both have the majority of their work available for free download at the links above. These two and countless more have contributed some amazing musical arrangements to the project.

Harmony of Heroes' first video preview
For those who haven't yet listened to any of the previews, these remixes are not just techno. Harmony of Heroes features all types of music, from serious to silly. Ever wanted to hear Kirby's famous Gourmet Race tune as played by an accordion-featuring big band? Thanks to Harmony of Heroes, you'll get your chance.

Harmony of Heroes' second video preview
Shinesparkers, the group behind this massive collaboration, were also behind Harmony of a Hunter and Harmony of a Hunter: 101% Run, similar projects that focused solely on the Metroid universe. Both of those albums are available for download here. They released this press release yesterday evening:

It's been around eighteen months since we first announced Harmony of Heroes, and I am so happy to finally announce that we will be releasing Harmony of Heroes on October 4th 2014. The album will have 101 pieces of music, totalling over seven and a half hours, covering a wide range of genres across the many franchises found in Super Smash Bros. Because we don't expect everyone to listen to the whole album in one sitting (unless you're hardcore enough to manage it), we have divided up the album by franchise, so you can download it a section at a time. The album will release in both MP3 and M4A (Lossless) format. We are also considering the possibility of a BRSTM release for Project M users.

Our DK Rap track "Kong Kollektive" by Sebastian Mårtensson had the support of a very special guest. Grant Kirkhope, the original composer of the track, agreed to record a cameo for us. While it was a small addition to the track, it made a huge impact on the people involved; and we want to extend our sincere thanks to him for getting involved, it was a lot of fun!

Finally, we would like to confirm our listening party for Harmony of Heroes, which will be hosted by Arecibo Radio on the 4th October 2014 at 22:00 UTC, where we will be playing a selection of tracks from the album, along with guest appearances from some of the musicians who arranged them. This is the first opportunity that fans will have to listen to tracks in full.

A lot of time and effort went into Harmony of Heroes. It was created to pay tribute to the Super Smash Bros games, to its franchises and to its dedicated fan base. Harmony of Heroes was only possible due to the hard work and dedication of our team of directors, musicians, artists, engineers, video editors and the many others who should know that their commitment to this album is highly appreciated. We truly hope it's something that fans of the Smash Bros series will enjoy for many years to come. On behalf of our entire team, we thank you for your support!

---

While the official site is currently down for some last-minute renovations, you can follow this release on Twitter and Facebook by clicking the links provided. Are you excited for this project? Do you want a BRSTM release for Project M? What other game music remix projects have you enjoyed? Make your voice heard in the comments below!

The Derrit is very excited for this album - he has been around OCRemix.org almost as long as he has Smashboards, and actually works at Overclocked Records. Talk shop with him on Twitter at @TheDerrit.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
My iPod's storage isn't infinite :|

Oh well, guess some songs are getting removed. Gotta make way for ear-pleasing remixes :]

Last edited:

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
I really gonna erase all the music on the MP3. My MP3 need to be empty.

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
Arecibo Radio
This project looks amazing, and Arecibo Radio caught me off guard. After searching through their website I felt a bit nostalgic. The naming was due to the Arecibo Observatory on my home country, where during my undergraduate studies, I did astronomy research on site for a weekend.

I am definitely looking forward to the project and I will be listening in on Arecibo Radio on the 4th!

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
7 Hours? Time to buy a new MP3 player..

This looks amazing... I'll won't be able to download it all, so I'll go through and see what sounds the best.

Unfortunately, that may be half the album.. -_-

Jaxas

Smash Champion
NNID
Jaxas7
This sounds awesome! Definitely going to download some of the remixes for our Brawl weeklies, too!

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
Whoa, a release date. Finally. Gonna BRSTM the **** out of these songs.

Edit: Also hyped for Theophany's contribution(s).

Last edited:

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
Just a word of advice to those not familiar with Overclocked Remix: Sometimes, they'' add lyrics to tracks that never had (nor needed, imo) any. And, at times, these lyrics may be a bit more profane than is appropriate for some family members.
TL;DR: Buyer beware (even though it's free.)

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Just a word of advice to those not familiar with Overclocked Remix: Sometimes, they'' add lyrics to tracks that never had (nor needed, imo) any. And, at times, these lyrics may be a bit more profane than is appropriate for some family members.
This is very true.

Still, much more of what they put out is amazing than what is offensive or bland. Musical tastes vary, just as the mixes themselves do.

Still, very much looking forward to the final product. I left the OCR community years ago and have no plans of ever returning, but the music they put out still sometimes is of the utmost quality.

Thanks for putting it up on the front page, @ The Derrit The Derrit , since I may not have heard about this otherwise :)

Last edited:

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
As a Youtuber, I have to wonder - just how "free to use" is it? If I used these remixes in a Youtube video, could Nintendo or one of the many copyright bots shut us down?

MegaMango

Smash Cadet
Wow, this is really amazing! Most of these songs are a lot better than the remixes/new renditions of the songs available on Brawl.

Sometimes I wonder how Sakurai feels about this kind of stuff (this new music and Project M). I really want him to appreciate it, but there's a part of me that thinks he may be just arrogant and scoffs at this kind of thing.

Darren1986

Smash Cadet
NNID
darrenkerwin
Hey!

Just to be clear, Harmony of Heroes is not an Overclocked remix album, it's independent! :)

So glad many of you are looking forward to this, it was a pleasure to put it together! A huge thanks to The Derrit for putting together this article!

Darren1986

Smash Cadet
NNID
darrenkerwin
As a Youtuber, I have to wonder - just how "free to use" is it? If I used these remixes in a Youtube video, could Nintendo or one of the many copyright bots shut us down?
I have never heard of any company removing videos from YouTube for fan-arranged music, so I would say it's unlikely.

Da Black Rabbit

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BlackRabbit87
3DS FC
1650-1675-4360
Man, I LOVE the OverClocked remixes of Street Fighter! I really have to fiind room in my 160gb iPod now...

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
Hey!

Just to be clear, Harmony of Heroes is not an Overclocked remix album, it's independent! :)

So glad many of you are looking forward to this, it was a pleasure to put it together! A huge thanks to The Derrit for putting together this article!
Glad to be corrected. I still stand by my statement though.

Top Bottom