• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hark the Angel Island Music

Sky-Kitsune

Smash Apprentice
Im glad Angel island got a Rocking remix, its absolutely awsome and probably my favorite song so far. Being a huge Sonic 3 fan and seing as I only played it the other day, this was a great Christmas update for me.

D

Deleted member

38 composers; Jun Senoue has been added to "The Musicians"

Garuda

Smash Ace
The fangirl part of me started squeeling. The sad truth? I'm not a fangirl... nor am I a girl.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
Love the music. I guess this pretty much confirms a Sonic stage, whether it is a real stage (probable) or a part of SSE is the mystery. However, it looks like we may not be getting Green Hill Zone, unless we do and it has this music playing (which would be quite odd).

spindash

Smash Ace
Fun known fact. Sonic the Hedgehog was born on Christmas Island in the SEGA-verse, seperating from the Archie comics, Sonic the Comic, the DiC cartoons, and the Sonic X series. So, it's pretty befitting in a sense that we get a double Sonic update on Christmas.

And the Angel Island Zone in this game is definitely a good reference at the Christmas holidays.

Kazydai

Smash Apprentice
The music saved this update. When I saw, "Sonic: Final Smash" for the Christmas update, I was pissed, but the phreakin' sweet Angel Island Remix saved the day. I always wondered what sonic songs they would use, and they totlly surprised me with Angel Island.

Man, I can't wait for the Brawl soundtrack to come out.

Also, between Tails and Knuckles, I personally think that Knuckles has a better chance of being playable than Tails. Not tryin' to confirm or deny anything, it's just what I think.

Oh yeah, Spindash, I totally forgot about the whole Christmas Island thing...sweet.

gamer8

Smash Lord
This music sounds like something you would hear on Sonic adventure 2: battle, and I love this song, hopefully we get a sonic stage this week or next week.

MilesPrower

Smash Journeyman
How can you look at such a picture...

...and not like it?! That's the bomb right there. Even if we knew what the Final Smash would be.
I know I love that picture. I saved it to my Dad's laptop. Once my own computer's problems gets fixed, that picture is going straight into my MSN Display Pictures. :chuckle:

spindash

Smash Ace
I know I love that picture. I saved it to my Dad's laptop. Once my own computer's problems gets fixed, that picture is going straight into my MSN Display Pictures. :chuckle:
Darn straight! I'm an icon maker, albeit my sig creating abilities aren't on par. But if I get to making a Super Sonic icon out of this to put on MSN, I'll give you a heads-up. :p

gigasteve

Smash Ace
Two music updates, including my favorite theme music ever, and getting Super Spikehead's update out of the way make this a x-mas update for me.

retro gamer 6

Smash Journeyman
I don't think FSs get music...
actually kirby's final smash has its own unique music if you check the japanese side of Smash Dojo. so its possible. on another note, this song rocks! and Jun made it which makes it even better! i don't know about knuckles being a playable character, but if he is, i'm not complaining. we can hope. merry christmas to everyone! it won't be long before brawl comes, so hang in there! :)

bballstar23

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2383-6686-1312
I found it ironic that I was playing Sonic 3 on the 24th before the update. It's one of my favorite Sonic games in the series, and I love the Angel Island music.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
This music made my face smile.

It was too good.

I found it ironic that I was playing Sonic 3 on the 24th before the update. It's one of my favorite Sonic games in the series, and I love the Angel Island music.
Strange, I was playing it too. (Sonic 3&K to be accurate)

Old Man Nintendo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SilentMage
Switch FC
6429-6879-3474
I liked the music, although I never played Sonic 3. I really hope that they include Green Hill Zone or something from Sonic or Sonic 2.

With that said, here's hoping that Knuckles is a boss or AT... or (gasp!) a playable character! -raises glass-

~Old Man Nintendo

espio87

Smash Ace
However, it looks like we may not be getting Green Hill Zone, unless we do and it has this music playing (which would be quite odd).
It wouldn't be odd. Remember the My Music update? there Sakurai confirmed different BGM in different stages, like the New Super Mario Bros Theme Music on the Isle Delfino stage. So there's still the possibility of getting a Green Hill Zone stage
on the other hand, I loved this remix. I Have a huge list of favorite BGMs From Sonic 1, 2 and 3&K, but I just hope Sakurai remixes this ones:
1. Green Hill Zone
2. Act 2 Boss Battle from S3&K
3. Flying Battery

Playat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Playat
3DS FC
0473-7807-1815
Where can I download this song? This song is stuck in my head because it sounds great

Meta Kirby

Smash Cadet
"Excellent! Ice gun!""Fire extinguisher."- Doctor Who

This is an awesome update!This is up there in my favorite Brawl music! And I am glad I didn't come on Christmas. The Christmas is ruined s*** in the FS thread would have really taken away my holly jolly spirit!

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Fun known fact. Sonic the Hedgehog was born on Christmas Island in the SEGA-verse, seperating from the Archie comics, Sonic the Comic, the DiC cartoons, and the Sonic X series.
You know, I almost completely forgot about that until you mentioned it.

Del Money

Smash Champion
Good friggin idea...*scraps former desktop pic which looked like

With that said, here's hoping that Knuckles is a boss or AT... or (gasp!) a playable character! -raises glass-

~Old Man Nintendo
If Knuckles is a boss, that'll piss me the hell off. AT or maybe even playable though that's unlikely and despite Knux being my favorite video game character, I'd prefer Mega Man playable over him any day.

It wouldn't be odd. Remember the My Music update? there Sakurai confirmed different BGM in different stages, like the New Super Mario Bros Theme Music on the Isle Delfino stage. So there's still the possibility of getting a Green Hill Zone stage
You think 3rd parties will get more than one stage? I'm not holding my breath, but that would be cool. Unfortunately, one of them would probably be something lame like Station Square.

on the other hand, I loved this remix. I Have a huge list of favorite BGMs From Sonic 1, 2 and 3&K, but I just hope Sakurai remixes this ones:
1. Green Hill Zone
I'd prefer Emerald Hill Zone instead but that's just me.
2. Act 2 Boss Battle from S3&K
I'd prefer Act 1 Bos Battle for S3&K but that's just me.
3. Flying Battery
HELL YEAH...1 out of 3 ain't bad...

Where can I download this song? This song is stuck in my head because it sounds great
Use like a high quality wave recorder or something. And just record directly from the sound card. That what I do with some YouTube music videos and it works great.

balladofwindfishes

Smash Journeyman
ice cap for the summit

Angel island, one of my all time favorite video game songs, from my absolute favorite game. I just listened to it like 3 times to just absorb it all in.

I am so so so happy Sakurai is putting classic sonic elements into the game.

Top Bottom