• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hardy Pikmin bugs?

LumpyGravy

Smash Cadet
NNID
shigalev
Custom moves are legal in my region, and I really enjoy Olimar, so I was labbing with his custom moves, and hardy pikmin seemed interesting to me for some matchups, but their AI is terrible.
  • Sometimes they randomly jump off the stage
  • Dash grab doesn't connect unless you initiate it point blank on your opponent
  • Sometimes when going for a forward air followup out of down throw, no Pikmin will come out, in spite of them being right there
Is this a glitch, or did the developers simply neglect this custom when they fixed the Pikmin's AI in the patch? Do you think this issue will be addressed in future patches?

Angbad

Smash Ace
NNID
Angbad
Custom moves are legal in my region, and I really enjoy Olimar, so I was labbing with his custom moves, and hardy pikmin seemed interesting to me for some matchups, but their AI is terrible.
  • Sometimes they randomly jump off the stage
  • Dash grab doesn't connect unless you initiate it point blank on your opponent
  • Sometimes when going for a forward air followup out of down throw, no Pikmin will come out, in spite of them being right there
Is this a glitch, or did the developers simply neglect this custom when they fixed the Pikmin's AI in the patch? Do you think this issue will be addressed in future patches?

All 3 of these things happen with just normal no customs olimar. I haven't played with Hardy Pikmin, butmaybe it happens more often?

Blue Banana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
2ndDerivative
3DS FC
4038-6328-0283
The first one tends to happen if you hang around the edge for a bit. If you think you need that specific color(s) in a situation, just whistle. The third one happens most often when you only have one Pikmin in line, and you're using that one for dthrow. It's best to go for a nair in that situation.

I'm not sure if the AI would act different with Hardy Pluck, but it seems like it shouldn't, given the situations you listed out.

Top Bottom