• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

hardt Smasher -- November 14, 2009 -- SSBB Tourney! -- Waleska, GA

Daysoo

Smash Ace
I LOVE Streetlight; though Catch 22's version of the Keasby Nights album is vastly superior.

The only thing that makes no sense (aside from some of the... erm... questionable stage choices) is 4 stock.

Why would anyone want to make Brawl matches longer than they already tend to drag on to be?

EDIT: Ness is amazing on Luigi's mansion.
I love both bands the same, as half of the major players from Catch 22 are in Streetlight Manifesto. (At least as far as Keasby was concerned.)
I sadly don't own the Catch 22 version of Keasby, but I do have their version of the title song from that album.
If you have the whole album, would you mind sharing? One ska fan to another? >_>

As for the rules, I'm inclined to agree.
It should be 3 stock and 8 minutes.
Not my tournament though, so it's entirely up to the TO what the rules should be.
I've no qualms with playing in a tournament with non-standard rules.
That's just one more stock for MK, and one less minute I have to run away from everyone before I win via timeout. ;3

Jennifer Stogner

Smash Rookie
Mmm, we tried it all out, and we were partial to four stock, with the seven minutes, and banning running away.

But hey, thanks everyone for understanding. I thought I was getting stampeded. lol.

And Bears - that was the funniest thing I've seen/read all day. Thank you for that. :)

Rayku

Smash Lord
And yeah Rayku, you are starting to get on my bad side. No one has EVER complained about the "laggy" TV except you. That's because our TV doesn't lag. Nothing lags when we play, and it hasn't for the past two years. Come to a tournament, propose changes to us, and then we'll consider them, but the set format, the stage list, and the TVs work fine.
I don't understand what the problem is. The one time I visited that school, we played on that giant LCD TV that had a small input lag on it. I don't know if all the TV's are like that, I would certainly hope not. I don't know why that would put me on your bad side (complaining about something legitimate), but whatever. I guess I'm not going to try and persuade you. Everyone else here is obviously a lot cooler than I am.

If I had proposed any sort of changes when I went, none of you would have known what I was talking about. If I recall correctly, one of your best players didn't even know that Falco and Dedede had a chaingrab, so I just decided to keep my mouth shut.

However, when other people voice their opinions and get praised for it, whereas I voice my opinion and get blasted (even though most people agree with me, they're just not saying it), I have to put up some sort of defense. Even though the only offense I'm putting up is that the ONE TV I played on (because there were no other TV's to play on) had a small input lag.

Although, like BBQ said, who cares about lag. It's Brawl.

Daysoo

Smash Ace
Mmm, we tried it all out, and we were partial to four stock, with the seven minutes, and banning running away.

But hey, thanks everyone for understanding. I thought I was getting stampeded. lol.

And Bears - that was the funniest thing I've seen/read all day. Thank you for that. :)
Banning running away...?
RABBLE! RABBLE RABBLE!

Serious note:
Jennifer - Get in touch with me via IM if you can about the rules, mostly so we can clarify exactly what's banned in the list of 'infinites'.

Jennifer Stogner

Smash Rookie
RAGGH! This was a really long post, and now it's ruined!!!!! Stupid errors.

Rayku: This really isn't a big deal. I think your comments are worth considering, minus the laggy TV simply because our TV doesn't lag. I don't want to go on about the TV though, because it's pointless. You're convinced it lags. I'm convinced it doesn't.
I was more upset because you could have posted your concerns here, and just here, and I would have got them just fine, but you didn't have to post them in two places. There's no point, other than just letting more people know that you think my tourney is illegit.
And then you made that comment about expecting your money refunded. Talk about disrespectful.

Desu: Sounds awesome. Let me know when you want to do that. I basically just use Skype and Facebook, but we can set up a xat really fast, if you want. Imma gonna send you a message on here!

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
Any chance you guys would do something like this for melee in the future? =D

Rayku

Smash Lord
My money refunded? What are you talking about

I made that comment about "my money guaranteed back" as in I felt like I could make top 3, so that I could win a cash prize. That's kind of obvious, I would think. I think everyone else knew what I was talking about.

I never said your tournament was illegitimate. If I did, I didn't intend to. All I meant to say is that the random rules you've instated (there is like...one infinite in this game).

What do you mean I've posted it in two places? What have I posted? Where else I have I posted in regards to this tournament?

Jennifer Stogner

Smash Rookie
Oh, then I apologize Rayku, I didn't get the cash back joke.
Well, this is a huge nah-uh, uh-huh argument. I'm working on the rules Rayku, but the ban list won't get any better.

You posted on the facebook event about the rules being "whack."

Well, I'm gonna go practice. :)

Player-1

Smash Legend
Well, this is a huge nah-uh, uh-huh argument. I'm working on the rules Rayku, but the ban list won't get any better.

the rules are kind of 'whack' though, at least compared to the standard tournament rules...especially when you include banning infinites that aren't infinites...

Rayku

Smash Lord

That completely slipped my mind. I did say that.

Woops.

Although, like I said, I'm just saying things that people are thinking in regards to the "whack" rules >.>

*points to Player 1's post*

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
Rayku, it would be best to take further debate about the TO's rules to PM or AIM etc. The current discussion here is hurting the thread.

Rayku

Smash Lord
Rayku, it would be best to take further debate about the TO's rules to PM or AIM etc. The current discussion here is hurting the thread.
Apologies. This kid never gets on facebook chat lol. Else I would have already done that.

Anyway, like I said before, I'll probably end up going to this if not just to hang out with one of my best friends who also attends Reinhardt. I might see how my Ike does in tournament play that's not low-tiers for once.

Wish there were teams, though. Teams is the only true fun aspect about Brawl :(

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion
I know how to revive this thread:

Was that girl at Waba yesterday in the Team Rocket shirt the OP of this thread?
She's pretty cute.

Thus is the incentive to draw in high-school brawlers. :laugh:

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
*gasp* a girl has finally got your attention, Mike?

This is a rare event xD

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion
^I should murder you, Lounis.
Lol

If I must, I'll hold the ganondorf challenge: I'll beat everyone in the state's ganondorf (except Chaddd) just to prove to you that he's not the best character in the game.

BBQ°

Smash Champion
^I should murder you, Lounis.
Lol

If I must, I'll hold the ganondorf challenge: I'll beat everyone in the state's ganondorf (except Chaddd) just to prove to you that he's not the best character in the game.
obviously. You only say that because you know Chaddd is the only Ganon in GA that knows how to use Ganon properly:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCQaYeIYMEk

everyone in the state except for chaddd sucks with ganon (except for rayku and sleepy, but they still aren't efficient with the Fair yet). Me, Lounis, and Archaic have been training our Ganons to prepare for the future.

If you need proof that Ganon is the best in the game, then just join the Ganondorf is the Best Character in Melee group. We have so much evidence. We also have many top players in the group, because they know where the metagame is leading to.

chaddd

Smash Lord
Ganon is the best in the game
You are suffering from a mental disorder and possibly on drugs. Probably both. It would take me getting blackout drunk to say something like that.

Because one forward air=stock.
Don't you play Brawl?

Let me clear this up. Ganon is so so so so so so so so so so far from being the best character in the game.

Two of his moves are slow Falcon Punches. You can't honestly expect anyone to take you guys seriously after trying to convince people of that. I'm good with Ganon. I make Ganon good. I don't claim he's already good. Even a Bowser can 4 stock someone if you pick all the right moves. Get real guys.

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
Chaddd, train me with Ganon, I'm tired of playing with Sweet b!tches , ***** that shoot rocket powered dildos from their hands......and shiek >_>

BigLøu

Smash Lord
Don't you play Brawl?
Yes, but Ive been entering both melee and brawl for quite some time now.

And we don't really think ganon is the best in the game, were not that dumb <_<.

Its just been an ongoing joke because I have horrible Di and usually die from 1 fair vs ganon.

BBQ°

Smash Champion
You are suffering from a mental disorder and possibly on drugs. Probably both. It would take me getting blackout drunk to say something like that.

Don't you play Brawl?

Let me clear this up. Ganon is so so so so so so so so so so far from being the best character in the game.

Two of his moves are slow Falcon Punches. You can't honestly expect anyone to take you guys seriously after trying to convince people of that. I'm good with Ganon. I make Ganon good. I don't claim he's already good. Even a Bowser can 4 stock someone if you pick all the right moves. Get real guys.
yeah haha. it's really funny to mess around saying ganon is the best. We don't legitimately think he's the best >.>
that would be really stupid. but still. you should join our group http://www.smashboards.com/group.php?groupid=1653

here is one of the most recent videos showing the lolz of ganon
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3ODO6c7Wds&feature=sub

chaddd

Smash Lord
Chaddd, train me with Ganon, I'm tired of playing with Sweet b!tches , ***** that shoot rocket powered dildos from their hands......and shiek >_>
You don't want to learn that sh*t. It's a waste of time.

Kioue

Smash Rookie
Whoa, sorry I didn't get on in so long (this is Kioue, formerly Jennifer Stogner).

We're using WABA rules, for those wanting to know if the rules were gonna change.

By the way, yes, I am the girl from the WABA tourney with Team Rocket.
:D

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
. . .

I liked "Jennifer Stogner" better. =D

And i'll ask again. Any chance you guys would consider doing Melee tourneys in the future?

Kioue

Smash Rookie
Yeah sure.
It seems like that's something people really want.
Maybe in January?

I've just wasted a ridiculous portion of my life watching that woman slap her hand and point.

BigLøu

Smash Lord
So for this tourney is the prize only the trophy or will you be doing payouts?

It doesn't really say in the op.

Top Bottom