• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hardest Missile Tech?

Litt

Samus
So far the most technical missile tech I could find is wave landing off lower dreamland platforms into a fast fall smash missile cancel.

pizzacato

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
coda#0
NNID
Pizzacato
nah the low rider. Kappa.
but srs.
wavelanding off dreamland platforms into super missile is easy peasy.

Last edited:

Narpas_sword

low rider? i can sit on the edge and do that for days/till someone reflects it

i find the hardest to do consistant is double missiles with a homing at the top.
too easy to accidental fire a super.

Last edited:

Chevy

Smash Ace
low rider? i can sit on the edge and do that for days/till someone reflects it

i find the hardest to do consistant is double missiles with a homing at the top.
too easy to accidental fire a super.
This, I can't really do it unless I drift hard to the side that I'm shooting the homing missile.

My personal favorite that is fairly easy once you learn the spacing is edge-cancelled double missile on PS1/PS2.

Last edited:

LydianAlchemist

Smash Apprentice
I can't even do the platform shenanigans yet.
But something I've been working on is.
Ledge hop -> LC missile -> Missile -> WD off -> fire missile early enough so it doesn't hit the stage -> tether back up and repeat.
or just WD off and repeat.

the thing I am working on is WD off but firing a missile early enough so it skims the ground. its possible just hard.
maybe good for doubles idk

Sensei

Smash Lord
I just thought of something to do that may or not be hard if you know how to do a super wavedash...

Shoot a double missile, land cancel, then super wave dash towards where you shot the missiles, and then fire a missile in the opposite direction where you came from (then fire a full charged shot in that direction for bonus points), to catch them from both directions.

Narpas_sword

if i was your enemy. id hit L.

Then laugh =p

chasing a missile with a SWD can be done, but you're sending yourself in when another missile from the same place will work jsut fine.

Litt

Samus
nah the low rider. Kappa.
but srs.
wavelanding off dreamland platforms into super missile is easy peasy.
Sir you obviously are not fast falling.... or even realize that i said waveland FAST FALL smash missile cancel, the timing is just as tight if not tighter than short hop fast fall missile cancels from melee.... so pleaseeee stop talking like you know ****, just makes you look inexperienced... especially when you say the low rider is difficult by any means in this game.

pizzacato

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
coda#0
NNID
Pizzacato
Sir you obviously are not fast falling.... or even realize that i said waveland FAST FALL smash missile cancel, the timing is just as tight if not tighter than short hop fast fall missile cancels from melee.... so pleaseeee stop talking like you know ****, just makes you look inexperienced... especially when you say the low rider is difficult by any means in this game.
omg Barbie. I'm not serious.
chill

Litt

Samus
omg Barbie. I'm not serious.
chill
sooo i post a topic thread and instead of actually talking about what I intended, you crack a joke and waste my time, thanks Pizzacato really appreciate it :) just trying to figure out the most technical missile techs in the game and before i just do everything I wanted to see if anyone had legitimately difficult techs they have stumbled across

Last edited:

pizzacato

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
coda#0
NNID
Pizzacato
sooo i post a topic thread and instead of actually talking about what I intended, you crack a joke and waste my time, thanks Pizzacato really appreciate it :) just trying to figure out the most technical missile techs in the game and before i just do everything I wanted to see if anyone had legitimately difficult techs they have stumbled across
;)

Narpas_sword

If barbie was a samus move, he'd be the charge beam.

When it's low charge, youre ok to poke at him a bit.
But when he's all charged up, dont **** with him.

Another missile ive been trying is a homing missile fired backwards from hanging on the edge then landing on stage to fire another.

fairly simple in theory. just another 'gah i dont want smash missiles' tech

Last edited:

Litt

Samus
If barbie was a samus move, he'd be the charge beam.

When it's low charge, youre ok to poke at him a bit.
But when he's all charged up, dont **** with him.

Another missile ive been trying is a homing missile fired backwards from hanging on the edge then landing on stage to fire another.

fairly simple in theory. just another 'gah i dont want smash missiles' tech
I like wave landing off platforms into reverse homing missiles as well, but that tech isnt particularly difficult, but it is useful

Eisen

Smash Ace
NNID
AndroidPolaris
B-reverse platform missile cancels into dropdown missile has been the hardest for me so far.

Also, fastfall missile cancel I remember trying, but gave up quickly when I tried it and I was like "what".

Last edited:

pooch182

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4227-3177-9014
There's a missile tech that I've tried out, and gotten to work a couple of times (I don't own a Wii, so I get to practice once or twice a week). When you have a stage with a battlefield-esque wall, like, obviously Battlefield, and Smashville, you can wall jump and then b-reversal into a missile cancel. You can probably wavebounce it into a ledge canceled missile ledge-grab, but I haven't done that as of yet.

Litt

Samus
Yeah I would assume those are invincible missiles going on stage too because of the invins you retain from the wall jump actually making it a safe option to get on stage with, as for most technical missile i still think the most difficult one is waveland fast falling off dreamland platforms into a mc, I can only get it when I do it as fast as the melee shffmcs and thats a 2 frame window, and the dreamland wl ff of platforms I cant get every time, so it may just be a one frame window. I wouldnt say that in this game the fullhop fast fall missiles are that useful from how high they put you, but you do return to the ground pretty fast, so they arent completly useless.

Naggy

Smash Cadet
NNID
OfficialFelon
@ Litt Litt is the dreamland fast fall smash missile cancel about the same timing as drop down fast fall smash missile cancel from the top platform of battlefield? I was working on that last night and it's pretty near frame perfect

Litt

Samus
@ Litt Litt is the dreamland fast fall smash missile cancel about the same timing as drop down fast fall smash missile cancel from the top platform of battlefield? I was working on that last night and it's pretty near frame perfect
No, that is far from frame perfect, Id say you have about a 4-5 frame window from the top of battlefield :/, dreamland one is frame perfect

Top Bottom