• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hardest level 9 computers?

Lingy

Smash Journeyman
Which computers do you have the most trouble with? The most bothersome ones for me are Pikachu and Luigi, pikachu with his buffed thunder :(

Also, do you find computers as good practice? That's the only practice I can really get, so I have to stick with them.

Triforce_Chauzu

Smash Apprentice
^^

I haven't played against so many level 9 computers yet (mostly it's been online for me or against friends IRL) but I think Marth's suprisingly good for a computer. I'd say that he plays more like he's, uhm... Level 10-11?

Rikuo

Smash Cadet
My friends aren't very good, so I do feel like the only practice I can get is with level 9 computers.

Pikachu and Luigi are the toughest for me as well. The player controlled characters that give me trouble, G&W and Ness, are pretty easy when a CPU is in control. But Pikachu is so small and fast, and Luigi... is just tough.

The other computers are pretty easy, I only have issues with those 2. I still win, but its more of a struggle.

sFoster

Smash Journeyman
Computers are good practice to a point.
If you can't learn to read the computer, you're never going to learn to read a real person.

Computers don't mix up their style, so it's your job to learn to counter it.
For example if you're getting shield grabbed in the same situation over and over.. that is not good.

The level 9 computers used to be tough, but now they're kind of easy for me.
I can beat level 8s 1v2 w/ team attack off at this point, but I would get demolished 1v2 against real people.

Zelda is one of the strongest CPUs
Just for kicks, I've put CPUs against each other and watched the battles.

Zelda wins against almost every other CPU on a consistent basis.

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
MK, and Luigi can be quite troublesome.

Zelda herself can also be quite difficult at level 9. Although, predicting her movements are a lot easier than any other character for me.

Top Bottom