• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hand Speed and Multi/Doubleshining Questions

Hot Toddy

Smash Cadet
As I'm using Falco more often I realize that my hand speed is getting better, but it isnt going TOO well. Are there any hand exercises or techniques I can use to train my hands? Any special ways in game (Vanilla or 20XX) to help me? Also I was wondering what the best and most efficient motion for multi/doubleshining is so I can focus on doing it that way. I'm trying to get rid of some of my bad habits. Thanks! :143:

Last edited:

Pazukunous

Smash Rookie
Hand techniques for multishining can include just switching from b -> x (or y) and efficient (NOT FAST) as possible.

If you use X (what I use for multishining). You should get comfortable and get efficient with sliding X->B over and over again

If you use Y, that's up to you to figure out

The main point is, make sure to get comfortable and efficient with the hand movement and not try to be super fast at first. efficiency > speed (because obviously you want to be consistent)

FE_Hector

Smash Lord
For Y (which I use), I typically just press Y and B with two different portions of my thumb, though I will sometimes swith over to a semi-claw type grip. I can work with either of them just fine, and reverting my grip style back to normal isn't a problem.

Sieghart

Smash Apprentice
Y > B seems the most efficient way of doing it since the distance you have to travel is the shortest and largely unobstructed. I generally keep my thumb bent and hovering over B and brushing against A. To multishine I just push my finger along from B to Y and back and since my thumb is bent I completely avoid A unless I'm actually trying to press it. When I want to press A I just flatten my thumb. There's no use for X the way I described. At the end of the day, though, you should use whichever method feels works best for you personally so long as you aren't killing your hands in the process.

Top Bottom