• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

hamonyou

j3ly

Smash Champion
you asked how to improve recovery -

di Up if you can,

SAVE YOUR JUMP
hold down and tap B as fast as you can - once tornado starts, keep tapping b and point control stick towards the stage. i think you need to tap it 13-15 times to get enough distance. then start caping once every second until your waay below the stage, use that jump to get vertical height then upB to the stage. sweetspot is a little below the edge, remeber you can smash sideways to get less height and more distance.

and how to get fair in - this is marios best combo starter imo, its sweet. hard to perfect though, and kinda slow so it had to be tricked in - wavedash backwards then pounce forwards, or my fave is to tech chase with it.

some combos -
0% - Fair -> jab -> grab, headbutt, dthrow/upthrow chain -> utilt/usmash -> dair/uair or instead utilt again and re-catch the heavier chars
100% heavy chars, Fair -. charged fsmash
50% light chars, Fair -> charged fsmash
70% heavy, 50% light, Fair -> Fair -> (assuming they dont tech roll) Dsmash

i think fair sends them into the air at like 25-30%? from here utilts + an upsmash to upair's is good.

if they down cancel, thats good because they will be knocked over, and while they are on the floor you can either Dsmash for distance and damage, or jab them - forcing the game to make them stand up, shield then grab.

oh yeah another nice 30% combo is Fair -> Dsmash at low percents. also if the opponent has a habbit of rolling into the enemy after being grounded, you can predict that, fair where they will be and repeate. after that if they are not off the stage they will probably roll away or stand, at which point they will be far away enough to CC a running fsmash

Does anyone know how to perform a running Fsmash inside marios initial dash range? after the initial dash animation u can CC a Fsmash easily, but inside that dashing range we are limited to fair or watever aerial, which is lame because tech chasing fsmash is sweet.

real sorry for the disorganisation of this post btw. excited i can type on a normal keyboard again

Top Bottom