• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hammond, Louisiana presents S.M.K.B

Bomber7

Smash Hero

April 21, 2012

Sponsored by SmashCon

For the first time ever, Hammond, Louisiana will be hosting a Brawl tournament! However, that's not all, we will also be hosting a Mario Kart Wii tournament for all you people who love Mario Kart as well! You may ask, "Where in Hammond could you possibly hold a tournament? Well, here's you're answer; none other than Southeastern Louisiana University! Details below:

Events:

Brawl Singles
TO's: Bomber7 and Cows
Registration- 11:00 am
Tournament Starts- 12:00 pm
$5.00 entry fee
Pay-out 60/30/10
Rules: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=301032

Mario Kart Wii
TO: Sarah
Registration- 11:00 am
Tournament Starts- 12:00 pm
$5.00 entry fee
[COLLAPSE="Mario Kart Wii Rules"]Preliminary Rounds:

- 2 Player Versus
- Class: 150 cc
- CPU: none
- Courses: Random (every race; will be changed beforehand in in-game “Rules”)
- Items: Balanced
- Race count: 3
- All karts/bikes, and controllers allowed
- Best 2 out 3, with the winner advancing to next round
- 1st place = 15 points, 2nd place = 7 points

- Winner of winner's bracket plays the winner of loser's bracket in the finals
- Winner of loser's bracket must win 2 consecutive sets in order to win the
tournament

Finals:

- Same rules as preliminary rounds only, instead of 150 cc, finalists will race all
courses on MIRROR mode.[/COLLAPSE]

Southeastern Louisiana University: Zachary Taylor Hall
[COLLAPSE="Southeastern Campus: Zachary Taylor Hall"]
[/COLLAPSE]
Once you get on campus follow this map. I'm sorry it's a very crowded map with color coated sections everywhere, but I did bring attention to what I thought was important. Parking is legal everywhere on campus but I pointed out two spots that were closest to (Zachary) Taylor Hall.

As far as getting to Southeastern's campus, here's the simplest way to get there:
1) Get on I-12

2) Get off at exit 40 and hang a left/right (see note below)
Note: If you are coming from the east (i.e Slidell), hang a right when you get off I-12. If you are coming from the west (i.e Baton Rouge), hang a left when you get off I-12.

3) Follow the road, there are no turns until you make it to campus. When you get close to campus, you will see yellow paw prints on the road, just follow those.
Note: You'll pass a Taco Bell, BK, Raising Canes, Jimmy Johns, Subway, Harley Davidson, etc. That's how you know you turned the right way.

4) Just follow the map provided above to find a parking area and to find Taylor Hall.
Note: If need be, here's the link to Southeastern Campus Map, click printable map and print the map out if you need it.

*Additional Notes*
-No alcohol or illegal substances allowed
-PLEASE bring set-ups
-We are NOT accepting anything higher than $10 or anything less than $1 (as in do not pay us with a twenty dollar bill or in coins).
-Be on time, once we make the brackets for each tournament, we are not going to add you if you are late
-If you are going to be running no more than 30 minutes late, call/text me at (225) 454-0092. Also, if you contact me, please tell me who you are so I know. Overall, do your best to be on time.
-Since I am expecting to have many casual players enter the tournament, please be courteous and explain to them how the rules work in general: stage striking/agreeing on a stage, which stages are neutral/counterpick/banned, etc.

Set-ups:
-Bomber: Wii, Brawl, maybe a tv, power strip
-Cows and Sarah: 2 wiis, 1 brawl, 2 extra controllers, power strip, wheel, tv

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
mario kart wii, is actually a reaaaally legit game. When I used to play online, I topped at 9999 for a while. *****es. but nah..Record. All the Matches. (smash and MK) plz!1

sarajayd

Smash Rookie
Wow nice job on the banner, Bomber! Looks great!

Well here's what I got so far for flyers to post around Southeastern:

This is the first one I made last night...

* I tried to center it a little bit better.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Here's another I made:

http://i375.photobucket.com/albums/oo192/sarajayd/PicofSMKBflyer2.png
(I didn't want to clutter up the thread too much by posting another huge image.)

Oh yeah, and Bomber, you can add under set-ups (between David & I): 2 Wiis (only ONE copy of Brawl), 1 or 2 extra controllers (besides our own), power strip, wheel, and a tv (as long as I can find a way to transport it).
Everything looks great! I'll add your stuff. Also, if worst comes to worst, come to my house and the three of us will rise to Hammond together.

sarajayd

Smash Rookie
Ok here's what I got for Mario Kart Rules.

*** EDIT: Rules have been UPDATED. I completely forgot about the in-game rules. So here's the new and improved, simple-enough rules.

OFFICIAL RULES FOR S.M.K.B.

MARIO KART WII

Preliminary Rounds:

- 2 Player Versus
- Class: 150 cc
- CPU: none
- Courses: Random (every race; will be changed beforehand in in-game “Rules”)
- Items: Balanced
- Race count: 3
- All karts/bikes, and controllers allowed
- Best 2 out 3, with the winner advancing to next round
- 1st place = 15 points, 2nd place = 7 points

- Winner of winner's bracket plays the winner of loser's bracket in the finals
- Winner of loser's bracket must win 2 consecutive sets in order to win the
tournament

Finals:

- Same rules as preliminary rounds only, instead of 150 cc, finalists will race all
courses on MIRROR mode.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
We can't have melee friendlies b4 or after the tourney?

:phone:
No, I want to be able to set up things as quickly as possible for this first tournament and pack things up just as quickly. After a couple of tournaments, once I get a good idea of how things will run; like with attendance, etc, I'll start looking at having side events and possible side set-ups.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Important Message

Due to unforeseen circumstances with our TO, we are unsure whether or not we will be hosting a Mario Kart Wii tournament. I'm going to be kept posted about the situation with our TO, but overall, I won't get anything final until a few days before. Despite our current uncertainty, I don't want people to be discouraged and think we aren't going to have a Mario Kart tournament. We might still have it so still come prepared with set-ups. As the day of the tournament draws closer, I will be getting more up to date information about our situation and I will in turn relay it here on this thread, so PLEASE keep an eye out for any further messages and updates.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
SMKB is as week away. I'd like to get an idea of who is coming and who is bringing set-ups.

Top Bottom