• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hamilton & surrounding area : Console War

Drekken

Smash Cadet
Hello everyone I would like to announce that Pownz Gaming Centre & 1 up games will be hosting a Console war tournament.

the 2 games we will be Smash bros Melee and Halo 2

Info:

August 26th 10am - 11pm
Ramada Plaza Hotel
Prince Albert room
150 King St E
Hamilton Ontario

Registration

Send the following information

First Name,
Last Name
Email,
Phone number,
Participating tournament: Smash bros melee 1v1 , Smash bros melee 2v2, Halo 2

and have the form emailed to registration@pownz.com

OR

Visit 1up games at either
777 king ST West (westdale)
1104 Fennell AVE East

to register there.

General rules

Banned maps

Icicle mountain
PokeFloats
Brinstar
Mute city
Onett
Rainbow Cruise
Brinstar Depths
Yoshi's Island
Big Blue
Flat Zone

Smash Bros 1v1

Items: OFF
Matches:
Timed and stocked

Map Rules:

Loser chooses Next map
Loser may change character
Winner must keep same characters

Controllers:

Players may bring their own corded (no wavebirds) controllers but due so at their own risk, default controllers will be provided.

Note:

Wave dashing has been put into controversy and will be allowed but if blatant abuse is present at the judge discretion it will be decided whether or not to redo the match.

2v2 Rules

Best out of 3
3 mins 3 stock (could change base on amount of entries)
Team attack: on (prevents certain abuse)

1v1 Rules

Free for all preliminaries if there are alot of entries
3 stock 4 mins (could change based on amount of entries)

Halo 2
Just incase some are intersted
Tournament : Death Match

Game Settings

Game Options: Slayer

Maps:

Elongation, Midship, Warlock, Foundation & Backwash

1) Score to win round :25 (2v2 & 1v1v1v1)

2) Round time limit : 10 minutes (1 minute to configure controller and 9 minute game)

3) Starting weapon : Map Default or Battle Rifle

4) Weapons on Maps : Map Default

5) Motion sensor : On

6) Bonus point : Off

7) Starting grenades : On

8) Cool Secondary Weapon : Map Default

9) Max active players : 8

10) Primary light Vehicle : Map Default

11) Primary Heavy Vehicle : Map Default

(Each map may be modified by the tournament moderators. Players will be informed before the tournament of any such modifications / Different maps may be used depending on circumstances). The map selection may be changed prior to the tournament. Players will be informed of any such changes before the tournament.

Entry fee and Prizes

Smash bro Melee 1v1 $15 entry fee
Smash Bro Melee 2v2 $25 entry fee (per team)
Halo 2 Death-Match $15 Entry fee

Free play $5 entry fee

a sum of a % of each entry fee will be put into a pool and be divided up among the winners of 80% for 1st , 20% for 2nd and

a mystery prize from 1 up games for third place.

Lanowen

BRoomer
BRoomer

General rules

Banned maps

Icicle mountain
PokeFloats
Brinstar
Mute city
Onett
Rainbow Cruise
Brinstar Depths
Yoshi's Island
Big Blue
Flat Zone

Map Rules:

Loser chooses Next map
Loser may change character
Winner must keep same characters

Controllers:

Players may bring their own corded (no wavebirds) controllers but due so at their own risk, default controllers will be provided.

Note:

Wave dashing has been put into controversy and will be allowed but if blatant abuse is present at the judge discretion it will be decided whether or not to redo the match.

2v2 Rules

Best out of 3
3 mins 3 stock (could change base on amount of entries)
Team attack: on (prevents certain abuse)
We need to talk.

Msn me.

Lup_didoo@hotmail.com

Don't anyone flame now please.

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
:0 I won't do shiiiiit.

Kay mang, lukz gud but I might be hosting something the day before. Aswell, I wouldn't host stuffz on Sundays. I'm pretty sure it's possible to get to Hamilton via GO Train and such but on a Sunday? would be real difficult.

Edit: Just read the rules, now I'll shutup. o_o

Drekken

Smash Cadet
Revised Rules

I burrowed the rules from BigRick's post (they really are good rules) I hope he doesn't mind they are pretty much all the rules i wanted to include.

Please disregard the rules above and I would like to extend special thanks to lanowen
for his help.

General:

- Bring your own controller, or ensure someone is bringing one for you. Tournament staff are not resposible for providing extra controllers.
- Good behaviour is expected; we don't want to get kicked out of the venue. In particular, do not damage any belongings, and do not make a lot of noise. If tournament staff deems that you are causing trouble in this fashion, you will be kicked out of the tournament without refund.
- Controllers: see MLG rules (no mods aside from cosmetic changes, no programmed buttons)
- No pausing during a match unless there is a good reason. If you pause repeatedly for no good reason, you may forfeit that match at the discretion of tournament staff.
- No infinite stall/freeze glitches (ie: Peach's Wallbombing, Jigglypuff's rising pound, Ice Climber freeze glitch, Wobbling to stall a match, etc). If you use these in a match, you forfeit that match. If one of these tactics is used on you for the purpose of stalling the match, pause the game and call for tournament staff.
- Once a match has been announced, it must be started within 5 minutes. If one or more of the participants does not show up within the 5 minutes, they forfeit the match. This applies to both singles and doubles.

Match rules:

- All matches are 4 stock, 8 minute time limit
- Doubles-specific: Team attack ON, life stealing allowed
- Dave's Modified Stupid Rule: No stage may be used twice in a single set if the player choosing already won on that stage
- Stage Knock-out: Each player (or team, in teams) may choose to eliminate one of the legal stages (neutral OR counterpick) to be chosen at the beginning of the set.
- Advanced Slob Picks: Loser may choose the next stage or elect to go random, then winner may choose to change characters, then loser may change characters
- Double blind pick may be called at any time (the only time this is useful is, before players choose their first initial character, before the first game starts).
- Neutral stages: Fountain of Dreams (BANNED in teams), Dream Land 64, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Final Destination, Pokemon Stadium
- Counterpick stages: Any neutral stage, plus Rainbow Cruise, Green Greens, Corneria, Brinstar, Mute City, Poke Floats, Donkey Kong 64
- Any other stage is BANNED in both singles and doubles

The link to the facebook (for those who have it) event

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=4127337865&pwstdfy=5117ce786d407e3240b3345bb708385c

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
I would suggest you posting this link to the Toronto Thread. I'll try whatever I can do to help this out but iono, lol. I might make it?

Top Bottom