• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

HALP! (vs Ness)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
Whenever Ness gets mentioned I hear the top Bowser players talking about how easy he is to beat and such and yet I just canàt for the life of me work out what to do vs him. I tend to get Faired, Baired, dashed and thrown all over the place. It might be something to do with me getting psyched out vs him but I really do just fel helpless playing against him. Tips Plz?

HideousBeing

Smash Ace
Ummm... empty SH are best, because Ness tends to have the drop on Bowser when both approach with the fair. Fake hop with the air dodge return and punish. You end up doing a lot of fortress. Don't let him under you, and his edgeguarding is pretty limited. Ness is easy to edgeguard on the other hand. Yeah, that's all I can say.

Haruno Kotetsu

Smash Ace
Choose your approaches carefully, his midair jump isn't the easiest to intercept.

Fair isnt the only thing you can do. Grab game is important, and when the situation is okay for Klaws, use it. The Klaw Bthrow has great knockback and you can set up an edge guard with it.

He isn't quite hard to edge guard him, and use your shield more often. Shield grabbing is good, but time it carefully so you dont have to be punished for it. Its best after you shield one of his attacks. Try to get him off the stage, but time your attacks well when hes returning.

technomancer

Smash Champion
Wait what? Ness destroys bowser, spotdodge grab bthrow, or spotdodge grab dthrow amazing combo into inescapable PK thunder juggle lol. Fair off the side to interrupt that Fortress... and he's harder to edgeguard than you think.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Ness does not destroy bowser, spotdodge grab does not destory bowser if the bowser can wait two seconds and then fortress

You pretty much just said that Ness is really good cause he can spotdodge

Ness is pretty easy to edgeguard as well

Zhilo

Smash Apprentice
I actually do have extensive experience fighting this one ness, he's rather good so my advice may be of use to you.

He spotdodges a lot, so sometimes i land with a Dair to damage and knock him back just to annoy him. The U tilt works wonders on ness if he tries to aproach you wich the Dair or a way too easy to predict Bair on the front. Ness's Fair is indeed a pain, the only way to work aroud it, that i have found, is jump backwards at the same time Ness jumps at you, let the Fair run out, then attack with a Fair of your own.
You should try to grab at given oportunities, to add damage. Damage is more important than usual on this battle, because you really will need to send Ness out of the stage at the earliest time possible. After that, i fnt it very easy to edgeguard him, I use a Fsmash to kill his UpB recovery since I have nailed the timing with practice.

Be patient. Ness is very fast and will be able to combo you, but so long as he doesnt grab you, and you dont set yourself up for a Fsmash, he won't be able to kill you as easily as you can kill him. try to stay in the air with short hops, and If he likes to roll behind you to grab and Btrow, then predict it, and counter with a Klaw behind you, it'll grab him right away and you an do some more damage.

Fighting his Dair with your Uair is tricky business. I havent anaged to win that clash of attacks consistently, you're better off guesing were is he going to land and set up for a grab.

AH, almost forgot, Ness's dash attack can be a problem if you arent used to it. you have to keep the shield out for a bit longer than usual with other characters, before you can fortress or grab. If you let go too early you'll be popped up into the air and most likely comboed.

2_Percent

Smash Ace
i just wanted to add this little bit. against ness's third jump i like to use the dsmash, ever since i figured out the dsmash beats out ness's third jump it's what i use when i don't have enough time to just go and fair him.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
2 percent try this next time you face one.. hog the ledge, make sure to keep your invincibility frames up, and when he up B's over, you ledge hop and Klaw from there back throw.

2_Percent

Smash Ace
yea i guess i could do that too. one that i played would sweetspot a lot so i never could do that to him. but that's usually what i do on falcon/ganon players haha.
i will give it a try though, thankss.

Tian

Smash Apprentice
Dodge Roll alot and don't let him PK fire you.

That's all i can think of right now...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom