• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Halo PC question

smashbros_777

Smash Journeyman
Ok i know this game is old but its still awsome and all i have is 2 questions. Here it is:

Why cant play on the map BLOOD GULCH? and/or Where can i find the file?

Okay so every time i try entering a blood gulch server i cant and when i try hosting a match BLOOD GULCH is shaded out and not clickable.

I went to the "Map" Folder and it doesnt have the file " Bloodgulch.map" and its supposed to cuz i have every other map ( (insert name of map here).map ).

So i've tryed looking for the file, and i've already try to google it and nuthin.

And so what do i do?

.shu//masaharu

Smash Cadet
You could back up EVERYTHING in the C:/.../Microsoft Games/Halo folder and then reinstall. After reinstallation, just copy and paste or something so that it overwrites everything. Since you didn't have a bloodgulch.map when you backed it up, that will be the only thing that isn't overwritten so you will just have your old game + bloodgulch.map

Have fun, Halo PC is a great game hehe

Hooray! Halo 2 Vista coming out soon =D

Zink

Smash Champion
I'm pretty sure you get the option to keep old profiles and such when you uninstall. Either way, you don't have to back up everything, just the profiles.

smashbros_777

Smash Journeyman
Okay thanks people, now time to play some halo 1 and 2. (got 2 for xbox yesterday, but i play it on my xbox360.)

.shu//masaharu

Smash Cadet
I'm pretty sure you get the option to keep old profiles and such when you uninstall. Either way, you don't have to back up everything, just the profiles.
But the thing is, it sounds like he's installed mods and other maps onto Halo PC. If he doesn't mind losing all the mods, he can just back up the profiles. I was worried about whether or not he could keep everything he wanted simply from saving the profiles.

Zink

Smash Champion
Um. Let's see, profiles will probably only save checkpoints and options, so yeah, if you have mods they should be backed up.

smashbros_777

Smash Journeyman
Actually i never really put mods or custom maps, nethier do i have the custom edition. As long as my checkpoints and profiles are kept then im ok. :)

Banks

Smash Hero
i used to own online at halo 1, but they have no rankings or anything so its sorta pointless =(

smashbros_777

Smash Journeyman
Hey its the fun of it!

Its so hard playing with the keyboard so i own everyone playing with one using my 360 controller!

And for people who use the keyboard, how in the world did you (if u) beat "the library" in any difficulty except in easy/casual? Cuz it would be so hard fendin' off the flood with the keyboard. I had a little problem at the beggening and then i beat it.

I only download some update so that i could go online from the microsoft website so it kinda means sumthin'.

Top Bottom