• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hallo gaise!

StarCorrine

Smash Cadet
Hallo everyone! I'm StarCorrine, although everyone refers to me as Star whether or not I like it xD.. I've played smash since the 64 and never actually knew a competitive scene existed! I've always played for fun and had no second thought about it.
My mains are:
Smash64: Pikachu
Melee: Pikachu
PM:Roy
Brawl:Ike
Note-I'm usually playing PM for the most part.
The reason I started using Roy in PM was because I always liked him but I noticed well...how he compared to the faster Marth. In reality, after melee...thats when I discovered Fire emblem. He may have been a bit sucky in his actual game and in melee but the buffs he got in PM got me excited to go and play him. From there, I decided it would be a good idea to start finding tourneys around here or host my own. I've only attended one and it was a brawl tourney which I did fine in. I was bested by a Lucario and a Peach.
Also knowing Roy will never come back, I'm thinkin about jumping right into Robin and maining him for smash 4! Although..who knows who else they are gonna add.
In reality, I'm looking to play other players to polish up my and hopefully their skills! (granted wifi isn't the best way but I'm always up to do that!)

Last edited:

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Welcome again!

I see that you've used Ike, Roy and are interested in Robin, nice. Fire Emblem Pride :)

@ TheGoldMan TheGoldMan - Did you try using the "Image" icon by the smileys to post your jpg image? Just copy and paste the link there. I could see the image when quoting your post though :p

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
Hallo everyone! I'm StarCorrine, although everyone refers to me as Star whether or not I like it xD.. I've played smash since the 64 and never actually knew a competitive scene existed! I've always played for fun and had no second thought about it.
My mains are:
Smash64: Pikachu
Melee: Pikachu
PM:Roy
Brawl:Ike
Note-I'm usually playing PM for the most part.
The reason I started using Roy in PM was because I always liked him but I noticed well...how he compared to the faster Marth. In reality, after melee...thats when I discovered Fire emblem. He may have been a bit sucky in his actual game and in melee but the buffs he got in PM got me excited to go and play him. From there, I decided it would be a good idea to start finding tourneys around here or host my own. I've only attended one and it was a brawl tourney which I did fine in. I was bested by a Lucario and a Peach.
Also knowing Roy will never come back, I'm thinkin about jumping right into Robin and maining him for smash 4! Although..who knows who else they are gonna add.
In reality, I'm looking to play other players to polish up my and hopefully their skills! (granted wifi isn't the best way but I'm always up to do that!)
Ah, I see, if I might inquire, do you or do you not like being referred to as Star? :troll:

I suppose that is not entirely relevant as I will just opt to call you "Star" as well. :troll:

Anyways, I am in the same boat as you, prior to joining Smashboards, I was not aware of the competitive scene. However, I was a competitive player from other fighting games. Most notably, Mortal Kombat. I was actually a part of that community, but I decided to switch. During that transitional period, my Test Your Might (MK/Injustice forum) buddies wanted to know about the tier list and were as surprised as I was to find that characters we thought to be top tier (namely Link), were in fact bottom. They did not even realize that Meta Knight was viable. I have grown so much as a Smash player since then.

Nitten

Smash Rookie
Aye, thought I'd show some love here for a fellow noob <3 Welcome :D Let's practice and top the leaderboards ;)

StarCorrine

Smash Cadet
Ah, I see, if I might inquire, do you or do you not like being referred to as Star? :troll:

I suppose that is not entirely relevant as I will just opt to call you "Star" as well. :troll:

Anyways, I am in the same boat as you, prior to joining Smashboards, I was not aware of the competitive scene. However, I was a competitive player from other fighting games. Most notably, Mortal Kombat. I was actually a part of that community, but I decided to switch. During that transitional period, my Test Your Might (MK/Injustice forum) buddies wanted to know about the tier list and were as surprised as I was to find that characters we thought to be top tier (namely Link), were in fact bottom. They did not even realize that Meta Knight was viable. I have grown so much as a Smash player since then.
It doesn't bother me but yes most opt to call me Star ahaha xD
I was never good at MK, being an amateur all I really did was Duck and uppercut lololol. I did some Marvel vs Capcom 2 and some Tekken! And yeah, I know that feeling..before looking at the tier list I just though meta knight was complete trash. I was clueless to the smash scene and viability of some characters.

Nintendo Fan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gamer-Robert1498
3DS FC
3050-7577-7020

Hope you find threads that interest you! By the way...us Zelda Fans have some sneaky methods at play...:evil:

Just kidding

No seriously.

Naryx

Smash Cadet
NNID
Naryx17
Im sad that it took me this look to get involved but glad to know there are more new people as well ^^

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
Oh! Your first post was liked by MorbidAltruism!
You can expect to get about 10 of those daily.
There should be an achievement award on smashboards for getting 1000 likes from that guy.

Nintendo Fan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gamer-Robert1498
3DS FC
3050-7577-7020
Oh! Your first post was liked by MorbidAltruism!
You can expect to get about 10 of those daily.
There should be an achievement award on smashboards for getting 1000 likes from that guy.
Haha, I lol'ed a bit. Anyways, I already commented here but whatevs. Double Welcome.

Top Bottom