• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Half-Life Alyx

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer

Well I'll be damned if we didn't see that announcement coming. Not just "Hey we're making this" but "Hey, we're making this and here's the trailer and it's due early next year."

Of course, it's not all amazing news, as it's pure VR. That said, it does look damn awesome (Although the finding ammo might be a bit awkward?) and since I actually have the room to do a VR set up, (And I like Half-life, dur) I'm actually considering picking up a setup.

It's also a little disappointing that it's a pre-sequel and not a continuation/ending of Half-Life's story, but at least it's taking place in a pretty interesting time period that's ripe for development.

Also random New Zealander is random.

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
Maybe this is a test to see if people are still interested in the Half-Life franchise after all these years? Who knows. Here’s to hoping this game sells well and Valve goes back to making games again.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Maybe this is a test to see if people are still interested in the Half-Life franchise after all these years?
You don't make a new, full length game with updated graphics in a new engine to see if people like the franchise. They know people like Half-Life. What this is, is lighting a fire under VR development. This isn't a collection of mini-games.

Top Bottom