• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Halberding? Why not.

HolyForce

Smash Journeyman
I was asked to make a video of this because not everyone could understand. I call this 'Halberding' as a tribute to Meta Knight; for a simple 'technique'. Apologize for the quality and overall existance of this video; but my webcam was lonely. Don't ask about the song - it's a long story :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsnrzYvsYBY

Any comments on actual match useage of this? I've had some good luck with it.

Shears

Smash Master
this has been known for a while. you can use any B move, or any move whatsoever, you just happen to choose the upB repetition. because MK has no lag when he lands from a glide attack or well spaced upB, it allows him to do any move immediately. i do it alot on delfino plaza. dont think its much of a technique, just you spamming upB.

HolyForce

Smash Journeyman
Exactly what the video says! Naming the UP+B spam with Meta Knight. I didn't claim anytihng outrageous here; just a tribute., exactly as it says. Jeez, son.

Shears

Smash Master
son it doesnt require any skill to perform, its stupid to name spamming upB. you cant do it infinitely or even a significant amount of times, like 2 or 3 depending on the stage. jeez pal.

HolyForce

Smash Journeyman
I'm not going to get into it with you. It's obvious I'm dealing with a nerd and I'm just having fun so w/e, kid.

Shears

Smash Master
wrong, a nerd is someone who goes around playing with movie makers and trying to show off what he can do with a "combo" vid or a "halberding" vid, dawg.

Ultimatum479

Smash Apprentice
Well, that was a productive conversation.

The usage of that in matches will be fairly limited, I think: it's an interesting lagless surprise the first time or two, maybe, but once people have seen it a few times, they'll start expecting it. It's not the kind of mind-game you can get away with repeating infinitely.

bluebolt

Smash Journeyman
wrong again. a nerd is someone who loves to learn lol

I woundt bother spamming upB much unless I wanted to try see if I can knock my oppenent out easily

HolyForce

Smash Journeyman
Yeh, maybe it will have limited use. It's fun, tho. Sorry about the other guy above - clearly has some whack ego. Thanks, guys!

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I liked this video. Using multiple Shuttle Loops is fairly common in Meta Knight play, but it's not like there was already a video demonstrating it or anything. It's like what he said it's for. Fun. No sense putting down a guy for taking the time to make a video for others to watch should they want.

SlickSlicer

Smash Apprentice
Meta Knight is a pretty good character. I've seen my friend do similar things, but I think I might want to try this out for myself. Maybe I'll make MK my second if I get good with him. Right now Peach is my second, lol.

HolyForce

Smash Journeyman
I thought it was entertaining how you put the video together.
Thanks! It does have like a mini-story to it with the lyrics, as well; if you listen closely :)

Meta Knight is a pretty good character. I've seen my friend do similar things, but I think I might want to try this out for myself. Maybe I'll make MK my second if I get good with him. Right now Peach is my second, lol.
It's fun to train your opponent to expect this, but instead of a second or third Shuttleloop go into the tornado or a grab. Works, in many situations.

Endgam3

Smash Rookie
One of my favorite things to do. It really catches people offguard sometimes, but after awhile (as said before) they expect it. It still looks cool though :p

unixphone

Smash Rookie
I appreciate you spend the time to make this video. Even though I knew this, I do not see the harm of having this video around. Unless he/she made a "better" video, one should not complain this thread or video. If you do not do something productive, do not discourage others do.

Top Bottom