• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

HAK (Link) Vs STAK (Fox) Rate Fight and Characters

HAK_Devil

Smash Rookie
Hey, this is my first post here so I thought why not just start with a post of a fight between me and my brother. I'm HAK and the Link while STAK (brother) is Fox. Please watch and critique how we play. This was not our best fight but I think it generally summarizes how we play i suppose. Constructive feedback will be appreciated.

Thanks

Video Link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WDocZOBtL8

Elrodillazo

Smash Apprentice
your link is in a good way but you need to learn advanced techniques and the fox too i suggest you watch pro videos if you practice the adv techs im sure you will get much better in no time :D

crispyone

Smash Journeyman
As Elrodillazo said, you both need to learn advanced techniques.

HAK, your link is ok. Link doesn't use wavedashing as much as other characters, but it's still good to know how to. You can wavedash back and smash or grab. I liked how you utilized your up-b. Try using more projectiles and become more accurate with those projectiles.

STAK, you need more work on your fox than your brother needs on his link. I see that you're dependent on rolling behind your opponent and trying to dsmash or usmash. Learn to wavedash. Learn to grab more and uair. You can also waveshine link.

Both of you should watch some fox vs. link match ups. I suggest going to youtube and watching aniki (link) vs. masashi (fox). That's your best bet if you want to learn the match up.

HAK_Devil

Smash Rookie
As Elrodillazo said, you both need to learn advanced techniques.

HAK, your link is ok. Link doesn't use wavedashing as much as other characters, but it's still good to know how to. You can wavedash back and smash or grab. I liked how you utilized your up-b. Try using more projectiles and become more accurate with those projectiles.

STAK, you need more work on your fox than your brother needs on his link. I see that you're dependent on rolling behind your opponent and trying to dsmash or usmash. Learn to wavedash. Learn to grab more and uair. You can also waveshine link.

Both of you should watch some fox vs. link match ups. I suggest going to youtube and watching aniki (link) vs. masashi (fox). That's your best bet if you want to learn the match up.
Thx for the comments

Yes I have watched a lot of the aniki vs masashi matchups in the past and they have helped mme improve I feel. As far as wavedashing goes, I can use it if I like but I feel I play better and am overall more effective without it however I will try a little more with my wavedash and see if I can get the grabs to work with it. I will upload more matches of ours later as well and perhaps you can see if we have improved? thanks

CWolf20

Smash Journeyman
Everyone always tauts "learn the advanced techniques, learn the advanced techniques." These guys need to just play more and start getting actually used to the mechanics of the game before they start trying to shffl.

Fox needs to start attacking a hell of a lot more. I saw him jump or run through you at least a dozen times, and in all of those situations, he could have hit you. He also needs to start jumping out of his shines, which would be a good start to helping his game a bit.

As far as Link goes, you've got a decent basis on which to build. You're using projectiles, you use the hookshot, you just need practice. It may be time for you to start working on shffl'ing, wavedashing, etc, but your buddy needs a little more work before he starts trying to do that.

Top Bottom