• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hail Bowser's Fsmash

Status
Not open for further replies.

lolomgwtfbbq

Smash Apprentice
Bowser is my god. I completely wrecked my friends shiek today with him. My friend really likes to dash attack into fairs and at first I was getting owned but then I smartened up. I started predicting his dash attacks and just simply fsmashed just before he did. Well you know how there's a little pullback on the fsmash? Well it saved me he ended up running straight into my fsmash... Gimpy(F)ish combo after another I destroyed him.
Anyways, is this actually a decent tactic or mindgame or does my friend just suck?

PS. Don't kill me Gimpyfish. :(

lolomgwtfbbq

Smash Apprentice
Peach's Dsmash doesn't even have a combo named after it. Bowser's on the other hand does.
Winned.
I hope you read my sig and hate yourself for doing so. :p

ꓰspeon

Sun Pokemon
Peach's downsmash itself is a combo lol, that's why there's no need to name someone after it.
Anyway, anyone who doesn't know bowser well understimate him alot, and that's why almost all non-competitives fall from the shield-upb and the fsmash dodge trick (it's so cool to perform, you dodged and punished with a smash, all in one, and it's the slowest smash ever!). If they don't change the way they see boozer, or their playstyle aswell, they still won't win against the beastly Koopa King.

ohpistachios

Smash Apprentice
its not so much that people fall for the fsmash because they don't know bowser. fsmash just works well against certain moves, so if you predict that they're gonna use that move then you can punish it by fsmashing.

and yes, if it works against his dash attack then by all means continue to use it. i don't play sheiks enough as bowser too much about the matchup (besides that it sucks balls, and it doesn't take much playing to figure that one out), but it sounds like a very effective strategy. just don't use it as much if he becomes wise to it.

Super Mari0

Smash Journeyman
Your friend sucks. =D

FSmash is a pretty good but strange way to ledgeguard

but your friend ****in SUCKS if he falls for that crap

lolomgwtfbbq

Smash Apprentice
Well he just doesn't have very good mindgames I guess lol. It seemed to work on any character that had a lil boost before they dash attack just as long as you predict it right.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Yeah, you're friend sucks. Good job outsmarting him and proving that to his face. =P

It's easy to avoid an F-smash from Bowser. Roll behind him and use your own, or grab him and combo him. Use only in occasional mindgames, against screwups, or ledgeguarding.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Peach's Dsmash doesn't even have a combo named after it. Bowser's on the other hand does.
Winned.
I hope you read my sig and hate yourself for doing so. :p
Read it nice and clear, yet I don't hate you :p

JuST wHAT ARE THESE PEACHES DOING IN THE BOWSER BOARDS?!?!?!!!?!!!! BWARRGGH!!! I'LL TAKE ALL YALL ON!!!!!
bring it on! come by NYC so I can force you into a CC and Dsmash you >:D

See how much skills I got? This thread is about Bowser's Fsmash and I was able to get Peach into the mix.

Anyway, the Fsmash is actually good. Most casual players or competitive players who face against Bowser would try to dodge on the ground, underestimating the reaction time of it. You can't imagine how many times I get caugght in it.

One time, my friend Privot me with a Bowser Fsmash. They told me to quit smash XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom