• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hadoken Limbo - Which Characters of the Smash 4 cast can crouch under Hadoken?

Norr

Smash Rookie
When I first picked up Ryu I made this list. Then I lost it. Now I found it again. This is just a list of options some characters have against Hadoken outside of attacking it/jumping/shielding. Hope you guys find this useful!

Characters who CANNOT CROUCH under Hadoken:

:4peach:Peach
:4bowser:Bowser
:4yoshi:Yoshi
:4wario:Wario
:4dk:DK
:4zelda:Zelda
:4ganondorf:Ganon
:4tlink:Toon Link
:4samus:Samus
:4pit:Pit
:4darkpit:Dark Pit
:4palutena:Palutena
:4myfriends:Ike
:4robinm:Robin
:4dedede:King Dedede
:4metaknight:Meta Knight
:4fox:Fox
:4falco:Falco
:4charizard:Charizard
:4rob:Rob
:4falcon:Captain Falcon
:4shulk:Shulk
:4pacman:Pac Man
:4mewtwo:Mewtwo
:4lucas:Lucas
:4feroy:Roy
:4ryu:Ryu
:4robinm:Corrin
:rosalina:Rosalina
:4bowserjr:Bowser Jr
:4cloud:Cloud
:4duckhunt:Duck Hunt

Characters whose crouching idle animation causes Hadoken to MISS/HIT SOMETIMES WHILE CROUCHING:

:4mario:Mario
:4luigi:Luigi
:4diddy:Diddy Kong
:4littlemac:Little Mac
:4marth:Marth
:4lucina:Lucina
:4villager:Villager
:4sonic:Sonic

Characters who can CROUCH under Hadoken safely:

:4gaw:Game and Watch
:4sheik:Sheik
:4zss:Zero Suit Samus (Can Crawl, but if she does she'll get hit)
:4kirby:Kirby
:4pikachu:Pikachu
:4jigglypuff:Jigglypuff
:4ness:Ness
:4lucario:Lucario
:4greninja:Greninja
:4olimar:Olimar
:4wiifitm:Wii Fit Trainer
:4megaman:Mega Man
:4bayonetta:Bayonetta

Characters who can CRAWL under Hadoken safely:

:4diddy:Diddy Kong (Only hits if he isn't moving, won't hit if he crawls forward or back)
:4sheik:Sheik
:4pikachu:Pikachu (Only forward, Hadoken will hit Pika if crawling backwards)
:4lucario:Lucario
:4greninja:Greninja
:4wiifit:Wii Fit Trainer
:4duckhunt:Duck Hunt (If crawling will hit 50% of time, if stops, hits 100% of the time)

Characters with an ATTACK that can go under Hadoken:

:4kirby:Kirby - Dtilt
:4alph:Olimar - Dtilt
:4wiifit:Wii Fit Trainer - Dtilt
:4cloud2:Cloud - Dtilt
:4bayonetta2:Bayonetta - Side Special

Special Cases where Hadoken doesn't work:

:rosalina:Rosalina - Luma typically blocks Hadoken, but not Shakunetsu
:4bowserjr:Bowser Jr - Bombs travel underneath Hadoken
:4wario2:Wario - Bike blocks Hadoken, but not Shakunetsu
:4link:Link - Shield blocks Hadoken and Shakunetsu when standing
:4tlink:Toon Link - Same as Link

In the future I have 4 sets of plans for this list.

1. Add all with reflectors, who can eat the hadoken, absorb, etc
2. Add who can cancel it with their projectile
3. Extend this to who can crouch under Tatsumaki + Who can catch up to it
4. Use this to make an opinionless MU chart. What I mean by this is a quick list of MU summaries that are purely data based. Not like the current MU thread where Neutral, things to look for and such are discussed, but just a list of each character, and what you should look out for in terms of their tools that could throw you off, along with things like kill percentages.

Last edited:

Splooshi Splashy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Splooshi_Splashy
3DS FC
4768-8534-8805
It's nice to see someone else take up the mantle I once did on this topic I made here (I specified the Blue & Red Hadoukens back then, since the Red/Shakunetsu Hadoukens are slightly higher up off the ground than the Blue Hadoukens, and both are closer to the ground than :4robinf:'s Thoron): http://smashboards.com/threads/list...-and-crawl-under-shakunetsu-hadoukens.406899/

There IS one other addition I'd like to add to your list, and it's :4duckhunt:'s DTilt, as I've once mentioned before at the DH Boards here:
However, we can lower our profile further with DTilt, once the duck's parallel to the ground with the dog. The most obvious use I've found for this is reliably going under Ryu's Hadoukens when our Gunmen's KO'd, our Can is already out (and NOT blocking off ANY Hadoukens if it's simply lying on the ground), and it's close enough for our Clay to be too slow for us to confidently throw out. We don't need DTilt's lower profile to go under Thoron at all, and I have been able to go under Pikachu's Side 1 with this, once the duck's already parallel to the ground with the dog (His Side 3's low enough to the ground that it can still tag us, I think, but that could use further testing to confirm). DTilt's recovery (7 frames, I think) is quicker than UTilt's and especially FTilt's, but slower than Jab 1's. In terms of execution, so long as you start DTilt early enough, I do believe DTilt-ing under certain attacks to be easier to do than Just Defending (powershielding), due to how long you remain in your lowered profile, making the timing for it more lax than Just Defending.

Being able to DTilt under Hadoukens is REALLY reminding me of 2I/3S/USF4 Yang's QCF+K rolling attack being used to fight fireball spam, and I love it, since I actually mained Yang in all those mentioned fighters. XD We get to keep advancing towards Ryu without risking getting pushed back for blocking Hadoukens too early when our Gunman is KO'd or potentially getting anti-air'd for having our airdodges or stuck-out limbs (NAir, really) baited, and it can work online when there's significant amounts of lag, even on the 3DS. Since our DTilt and Gunmen (especially Down 2) have relatively low cooldown, we COULD make it a possible frame trap by mashing out DSmash afterwards by holding A after DTilt's out or B after Gunman's out and then mashing/holding B/A while holding A/B...

I DO wonder if the DTilt profile lowering tech would be useful in MUs other than Ryu....

Last edited:
Top Bottom