• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hades, Master of the Underworld, Support Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smady

Smash Master
He's not just fabulous, he's a malevolent badass villain who has godlike powers and flaunts them. What's not to love?

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I wouldn't be mad if Hades makes it in the roster... But Medusa's deserves the spot more IMO. I think having him as a playable character will restrain him from talking... And if Hades don't speak a lot, it's not Hades :o

(He, I worship the Godess of Darkness, it's normal I'm a bit rebellious against the Master of the underworld, no? :troll:)

9Volt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Star_Fox_Team
I really want Hades in, I think now that Little Mac is already on the roster he is one of the most wanted newcomers by me.
Either him or Medusa!

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Go eat ****, Hades. :troll:

I hate you as a character and you will never be embraced by me IF you ever get in Smash - you will be my new R.O.B. - a punching bag.
Hades: Oh come Keybee, I'm not THAT bad. Honestly, you can't tell who is a well-developed character and who isn't. Pretty Palutena and Pitty Pat are better characters than that puny little Vanellope. All she is is a typical tomboy, which is such is a typical personality for a character, it doesn't even rank up to my fabulous glory!

Freduardo

Smash Champion
But is Hades > Riku? Or Diz? Or Ansem?

Yes to all except Diz. While Hades had an awesome and hilarious Voice Actor, he can't be expected to compete with Christopher Lee.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Congratulations @ Capybara Gaming Capybara Gaming .

You just made at least 5 people disrespect you a little bit more, just by thinking Hades is a terrible character and shouldn't be in Smash, but thinking Vanellope is a good character, and Sora should be in Smash.

Road Death Wheel

Smash Champion
NNID
Kairos-Xman
3DS FC
2406-5636-9789
I'v been surprised not many people mention this badass, powerful, quirky, and hilarious fellow.
A move set for Hades would be more than simple since, literally they can make it up.
When you fight him in KI:U he literally improvised every attack. So as long as they have the Hades flair I think he could very much be playable. Plus that would be one more villain as well.
But in general I see Hades as a mid range character with a strong assortment of range and close range.
I see him moving fast with good aerial game. But only few of his moves would have KO potential.
So basically he has good combos. But it could be hard to kill with.

I dont see him really using weapons well cuz he never used weapons so yeah.
So most of his attacks would be his body or powers of the sorts.

Discuss your thoughts on how u think this character would work.

9Volt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Star_Fox_Team
One cool move ideia for Hades is a projectile where he shoots "little red energy balls" of all his body. They don´t go too further but they got to all directions getting everybody close. And you can charge for more distance.

This is based on the final battle on Kid Icarus Uprising where he shoots you from his entire body

BlueSorrow

Smash Apprentice
Since Hades was absent in the direct he still has a chance to make a grand entrance at E3 and I mostly want him in so we can have a re-run of:
Either as a playable character or as a boss character will do.

9Volt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Star_Fox_Team
I think if Hades is in he will be a Secret char...

MasterMushroom

Smash Journeyman
So no one else is going to call it; so if I may, I'll step in and call it:

Direct comes around

Nintendo characters fighting as usual

A new figure appears still
behind Pit; it's Palutena

Though she is one one place and isn't moving at all; and her expression is that of a calm smiling face (although somewhat frozen in place)

"Palutena blesses the match!"

"Now wait jus a second"

*Screen gets ripped in half from both diagonal sides; Hades pops his head out of the screen*

"Sorry to keep you all waiting. Now that I'm here, let's get this party started!" (Breaking the 4th wall as usual)

Screen pans back to the fighters. It's actually a billboard of Palutena, and Hades pops his head out of the back. Billboard falls forward, and then A demonstration of Hades moves is shown against the fighters

Hey, I felt the need to call something like this. None of you did and this thread is near to being dead

Jocario Zero

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2327-1796-5400
Kid Icarus Uprising has become one of my favorite 3DS-Games (and Games in General)
and curse you Hades for being so awesome (im blaming you as well Autarch of Flame!)

Now i want him in Smash! But i would be okay if hes going to be an Assist Trophy or a Boss (even though it wouldnt do him justice!)

Imagine he would be a secret Boss: youre about to fight Master Hand and than suddenly Master Hand gets punched out of the Screen (!),
Hades appears and says: Yes, i am the true final boss of this game. You mad Pitty Pat?

NNID
Majorasmask66
So no one else is going to call it; so if I may, I'll step in and call it:

Direct comes around

Nintendo characters fighting as usual

A new figure appears still
behind Pit; it's Palutena

Though she is one one place and isn't moving at all; and her expression is that of a calm smiling face (although somewhat frozen in place)

"Palutena blesses the match!"

"Now wait jus a second"

*Screen gets ripped in half from both diagonal sides; Hades pops his head out of the screen*

"Sorry to keep you all waiting. Now that I'm here, let's get this party started!" (Breaking the 4th wall as usual)

Screen pans back to the fighters. It's actually a billboard of Palutena, and Hades pops his head out of the back. Billboard falls forward, and then A demonstration of Hades moves is shown against the fighters

Hey, I felt the need to call something like this. None of you did and this thread is near to being dead
lol great idea. i was thinking of something similar for a while. i wanted them to show an already used newcomer trailer, and mid way though hades just rips up the screen and appears. he also says now just wait just a seconed a little bit before and then says i said wait just a second.

Morbi

Scavenger
Hades would be the most hype inducing character; my most anticipated character is Black Shadow, but Hades would just evoke so much more emotion from me.

NNID
Majorasmask66
I didnt want black shadow but then i had a dream of him in and he looked awesome and hype as **** so now i want him in so badly lol. still though hades is my most requested.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
I honestly would prefer Hades to Palutena as a second KI rep, If there has to be one.
Unfortunately, that isn't likely to happen.

Morbi

Scavenger
I honestly would prefer Hades to Palutena as a second KI rep, If there has to be one.
Unfortunately, that isn't likely to happen.
I also feel as though Hades would be the more ideal representative; but as you said, it is a pipe dream. I can envision it so much easier though, every time I imagine Palutena, she comes out stiff or stagnant. Probably just me though.

Road Death Wheel

Smash Champion
NNID
Kairos-Xman
3DS FC
2406-5636-9789
I seriously just want some bloody villain's
Like could you imagine at e3
All the hero's having an epic battle than a storm cloud arises over the sunset of battle field.
Then a set of seven silhouettes appear.
Bowser
Hades
Black Shadow
Wolf
Ganon/Demise (ether or)
Wario
King K Rool

All walking down with sunglasses on being bad asses and fighting all the hero's. Show casing new moves and new characters. And can basically be the problem in adventure mode.

Last edited:

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
Villain>Side character for me
and medusa seriously lost relevance since hades was definitely the more intrusive bad guy in the undoutably the most important KI game of the series.
All opinionated of course.
I wasn't really going off actual merit or importance, just my personal preference.

Well actually, a mix of personal preference and realism, because I'd much rather Viridi over Palutena. Phosphora and Pandora wouldn't be too bad, neither.

Really if I had a fighting game, I would just fill it with hot girls LOL.

Road Death Wheel

Smash Champion
NNID
Kairos-Xman
3DS FC
2406-5636-9789
I wasn't really going off actual merit or importance, just my personal preference.

Well actually, a mix of personal preference and realism, because I'd much rather Viridi over Palutena. Phosphora and Pandora wouldn't be too bad, neither.

Really if I had a fighting game, I would just fill it with hot girls LOL.
Arcana hearts is the game for you then.

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
I seriously just want some bloody villain's
Like could you imagine at e3
All the hero's having an epic battle than a storm cloud arises over the sunset of battle field.
Then a set of seven silhouettes appear.
Bowser
Hades
Black Shadow
Wolf
Ganon/Demise (ether or)
Wario
King K Rool

All walking down with sunglasses on being bad ***** and fighting all the hero's. Show casing new moves and new characters. And can basically be the problem in adventure mode.
That would actually be a badass Adventure Mode. Kind of like Meet the Beatalls or Ball of Revenge.

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
For some reason I want a character not as abvious as Palutena for the other Kid Icarus reps in SSB4 (Palu would be awesome too though).
At the start I was bending towards Magnus. But oh man, Hades was pure comedy gold in KIU. And after reading MasterMushroom's idea for his trailer. Thoughts come to my head of how Hades could be the trolliest and most annoying character to play against.

Truly the reflection of Sakurai's mind in character form.

KatKit

Smash Lord
AH3 is so legit.

On topic... this is the third KI character thread I posted in today .__.

Uprising just had so many interesting characters I guess. I hope at least another gets an inclusion. Hades included. But if he's a difficult boss fight or appears in codec type thing, I'll be content.

Road Death Wheel

Smash Champion
NNID
Kairos-Xman
3DS FC
2406-5636-9789
For some reason I want a character not as abvious as Palutena for the other Kid Icarus reps in SSB4 (Palu would be awesome too though).
At the start I was bending towards Magnus. But oh man, Hades was pure comedy gold in KIU. And after reading MasterMushroom's idea for his trailer. Thoughts come to my head of how Hades could be the trolliest and most annoying character to play against.

Truly the reflection of Sakurai's mind in character form.
Yeah when i played that game i could help but feel this is sakurai personified in a video game.....With god powers Xd.

I support Hades for Smash, he is so hilarious and would bring another villain to the franchise. I've got an idea for a trailer.

End of the Palutena 's trailer
Hades rips at the screen
'Come on now Sakurai, you didn't forget about me, did you?'
HADES BREAKS THE FOURTH WALL
Hades gameplay.

Le fin.

billys_dad

Smash Apprentice
Hades is my 2nd most wanted character in Smash, right behind Chibi Robo. If he got in, I would seriously flip my ****, but I would hope his cape of faces somehow made it in as part of his moveset.

Last edited:

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
I finally got a copy of KIU and finished the first dozen chapters, but i'm a little confused as to why people consider Hades a villain. I mean, all he has done so far is help someone with something they have desired to do for 25 years, try and resurrect an orphan's family, and let humanity know that wishes come true. How can he possibly be considered an antagonist? :troll:

Road Death Wheel

Smash Champion
NNID
Kairos-Xman
3DS FC
2406-5636-9789
I finally got a copy of KIU and finished the first dozen chapters, but i'm a little confused as to why people consider Hades a villain. I mean, all he has done so far is help someone with something they have desired to do for 25 years, try and resurrect an orphan's family, and let humanity know that wishes come true. How can he possibly be considered an antagonist? :troll:
the last few chapters and you will understand.

stan423321

Smash Journeyman
He attacked the true protagonists of the game.
Yes I mean Aurum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom