• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Had sing been nerfed?

kendikong

Smash Journeyman
Granted I hadnt used Puff that much lately.

I dont know if this patch or a previous patch, but I used to be able to use sing and get many people asleep because they try to run up to me and dash attack me. Some Pits try to side B me out of my sing, and they end up falling asleep and sliding very far.

Now i try to use sing, and I get easily punished with a simple dash attack or a running grab, or anything really. The move just doesnt work anymore. Had there been a nerf in one of the previous patches?

Jiggly

Drop the mic, cause these fools sleeping on me
The FBI Surveillance Van outside your house.
NNID
Jiggly101
Granted I hadnt used Puff that much lately.

I dont know if this patch or a previous patch, but I used to be able to use sing and get many people asleep because they try to run up to me and dash attack me. Some Pits try to side B me out of my sing, and they end up falling asleep and sliding very far.

Now i try to use sing, and I get easily punished with a simple dash attack or a running grab, or anything really. The move just doesnt work anymore. Had there been a nerf in one of the previous patches?
there are 3 burst of sing, its not one long presence. You can hit people out of moves if they get in the sing area during a burst, but they can hit you between bursts.

Infinite901

Smash Ace
NNID
Infinite901
3DS FC
3282-4624-0341
It would take true stupidity if Sakurai thought Sing had to get nerfed lol. It's arguably one of the worst moves of any character in the entire game.

kendikong

Smash Journeyman
Its not THAT bad. I had a pretty high success rate hitting opponents with it and getting that really early percent rest kill

Infinite901

Smash Ace
NNID
Infinite901
3DS FC
3282-4624-0341
The only thing I find useful about Sing is that literally nobody expects you to use it and it catches them off guard. xD But hey, maybe I just suck at using it.

Last edited:

Desu~

Smash Ace
NNID
Mr. G-E
Switch FC
2211-2137-8924
Guys,

Remember when

Vinyl said Sing was good?

Cuz I do.

Last edited:

SafCar

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0645-5834-8488
What's worse? It's the worst move in my book.
Its custom variations, for one. Rollout and its customs are pretty high contenders, Villager's Harvest Pt1 is useless if the hitbox has no ground, Mewtwo's Confusion is only useful on Battlefield, Shulk's Back Slash is horrible in singles, and possibly the biggest problem, Bowser's Koopa Slam kills him first, which was never supposed to happen in the first place.

GeeHaus

Smash Cadet
When I saw her customs for the first time in grainy quality on a Japanese version of the 3DS game, I couldn't believe my eyes.

They'd done it. Somehow, they'd done it. They managed to take Sing, and make it worse.

SafCar

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0645-5834-8488
Ah yes, I remember when I first saw Wakie Wakie. I thought it was probably one of our best attacks right off the bat.

Theeeeen I found out the endlag and what little shield damage it caused. GDI

FUEGO!

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MontyRattata
Guys,

Remember when

Vinyl said Sing was good?

Cuz I do.
What about that little trick where you do it on and off of the ledge, regrabbing it and and singing on the decent?

Last edited:

GeeHaus

Smash Cadet
If that works, it works once.

And it rarely works. (Against good opponents)

Top Bottom