• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hacking questions

• Thread starter Deleted member 189823
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 189823

Hello. :)
-I want to have those funny character results screen from Brawl Minus and the ones they use in KTAR. What file should I extract from the Brawl- hack to get those?
- What kind of files do you use for those funny character portraits made on Paint? Those are pretty cute too.
- At last, I want to change music in-game titles, but the game either freezes and the music titles are default.

ThunderBird2678

Smash Apprentice
Note: This is the way I do it.
Note #2: This is for the File Patch Code (NOT Riivoloution.)

Hello. :)
-I want to have those funny character results screen from Brawl Minus and the ones they use in KTAR. What file should I extract from the Brawl- hack to get those?
stgresult.pac (x/wii/app/rsbe/pf/stage/melee)

- What kind of files do you use for those funny character portraits made on Paint? Those are pretty cute too.
The common5.pac (x/wii/app/rsbe/pf/system)

- At last, I want to change music in-game titles, but the game either freezes and the music titles are default.
Make sure your mu_menumain_en.pac has the "_en" removed and the file is in x/wii/app/rsbe/pfmenu2 (not a typo. IT GOES IN PFMENU2. Most people don't realize this.

:phone:

D

Deleted member 189823

Thanks.
I solved the in-game music titles issue yesterday, though. I just had to add the File Patch Code. 8P

With the "funny results screen", I meant those where the characters do strange and hilarious poses when they win/lose. Example: Bowser dances in one of them. What kind of file do I use for those?

D

Deleted member 189823

I...also solved that yesterday through experimentation.

Thank you. xP

4ester44

Smash Rookie
Hello there, A while ago I downloaded The homebrew channel to my wii and I lost the SD card that I downloaded it from, I got a new SD caard and it has nothing on it, Do I need to redownload the homebrew channel and gecko os to my sd caard ?

4ester44

Smash Rookie
Thank you very much, and also , I checked my WII version and it's ver. 4.3U , I was reading around and It seems that If I have an 8gb sd card something wont work with gecko os , is that true ? and if so should I download Riivolution instead of gecko os ?

The Nutz of Norcal Deez

Smash Apprentice
I've been trying to get the Alternate Stage Loader codes to work on my Wii, but to no positive results. I'm running vBrawl, GeckOS(1.9.3.1),and a 16GB SDHC card.
Here's a link to the OP:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=254340

My post is on the last page, 2nd to last on it... Those are my codes for it. When I turn on my Wii everything runs fine until I get to the loading screen. None of my textures load, and the load time is excessively longer than normal. When I get to the CSS/SSS the game can potentially freeze. However if I'm lucky, I can get to the actual match and play it through. Again all the loading in the game takes much longer than usual. At the CRS, the game will freeze and make a loud "beep" sound. I'm also running:
-File Patch Code v3.5.1[NTSC-U]
-Default Settings[8min/3stock/FF on]
-Infinite Replay
-Unrestricted Camera Movement
-Colored Shields
-ASF1nk's Custom CSS v2
-Custom Random v1
-CSS Fixes[Samus/ZSS/Sheik/Zelda]
-Independent Pokemon Engine + No wrecks
-Alternate Stage Loader 1v1

I'm not sure if maybe one the aboves conflicts with another, so I just listed them all hoping someone can tell me if they do or not. I'll be off to work until midnight tonight, I pray someone can help me within that time ;(

The Nutz of Norcal Deez

Smash Apprentice
So once I get my standard SD card, everything should work? I hope someone can take a look at my Alternate Stage Loader codes on the thread I linked in my previous post and let me know if everything checks out(unless someone on that thread already did). Thank you very much for the response!

Top Bottom