• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hacked Wii Project M Installation Problem

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
Project M -_- -_______________-

Anyway

When I picked the hacked wii version of the installation I looked at the folders that were given to me and thought hmmmm I've seen these b4.

I have regular brawl texture hacked. Apparently project m uses those same folders for brawl's textures. Is it possible to have both? Instead of replacing the folders with project m's folders can I just take there contents and put them into the ones already on my sd with the?

Example

I already have a melee folder for brawl's stage hacks with brawl's .pac files. Project M also comes with a melee folder.

I don't want to loose my brawl custom stage hacks just to play project m. Any help is greatly appreciated.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
You can put your old Brawl files into the Project M folders. Just don't replace any of the important Project M files (Fit___.pac/MotionEtc pacs, stage files [unless they've been updated to P:M standards], any system/common files, etc.).

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
I don't think I can do that. The stage textures are name specific and the stage names for project m are the exact same as my brawl textures. Its like I have to rename 1 and rename it back if I want to play with the other one.

Its like I need a separate 2gb sd for project m and a 2gb for my homebrew/brawl stuff
-_-

Was just wondering if I could use both on one sd. I already have an apps folder and I'm not replacing brawl files for project m files.

I tried looking for Hacked wii guides but couldn't find 1. And the official project m site EDIT: was down.

ToastedPudding

Smash Rookie
I know exactly how you feel. Basicly I just pick which ones i wanna keep and put them in a seperate folder, then after installing Project M, I put the files back where they go. For a few files, I made a backup, then extracted the special files in the .pac/.pcs with BrawlBox, then replaced the ones in the Project M .pac/pcs's. Its sorta complicated and takes a while, but of course its worth it to play Brawl, Melee style. :)

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
thanks even though I don't understand.

and yea sure to the last sentence -_-.

psst I love brawl more just saying >_>

Everybody at my school converted to project m -__________-

`dazrin

Smash Champion
Lol get *****^ :p

Just play more P:M. You'll like it more than brawl once you get used to it :)

Thats what it was designed for (essentially) in the first place xD

ToastedPudding

Smash Rookie
Oh, I'm sorry I just assumed you knew your way around BrawlBox and such. Let me see if I can explain it more simply... Take your texture files and such you want to keep and make copys of them. Then, install Project M. After that, put your texture hacks back in the folder they need to go in. If you want to keep something other than a texture, such as a custom stage select screen, open up the custom stage select in BrawlBox. Extract the files that were edited in the file (Like the custom background, custom icons, etc) with BrawlBox, then after installing Project M, use BrawlBox to replace the files in the Project M stage select. I'm not sure if that was simple enough, its not too easy simplifying stuff this complicated >.< I just hope i can get you going in the right direction.

Top Bottom