• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

H2YL/ChuDatz Final Bi-Weekly -- Aug 1 - 3 YAYUHZZ!

Sensei

Smash Lord
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=85449

If you like to have fun and play smash, this is the tournament for you. You'll find plenty of competition here and make new friends. :) I'll let ChuDatz break it down for you.

Introduction: I would like to officially announce...

My Final Bi-Weekly Tournament

I have been hosting these tournaments (or technically called "bi-weeklies") for the past 5-6 years of my smash career. I attracted people from all over the United States such as Florida, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Delaware, and even including players from the West Coast. My tournaments were the central main location to where smash tournaments would take place, train, and were always cheap. Players would end up paying only 10$ as compared to todays prices ( 30$ for todays standard local tournament ). As a classic tradition after the tournament, we would all go out to eat at great places such as Ihop, Dennys, or Hooters. Basically any place that had buffalo wings, we were there. After we got back from eating, we would all go back to my place and just hang out, drink, chill, and play friendlies. It has all finally come to a halt though. Reason? I believe I won't be smashing too long with the coming of a new full time job. My smash career doesn't pay the bills, so I must live life now. This will be my FINAL Bi-Weekly, and I hope everyone who has EVER attended one would come back for one last time... Newcomers? Sad to say you all have missed out on an amazing 5-6 years, but please come and enjoy the best smash experience you will ever have in the MD/VA region =).

August 1st, 2nd, and 3rd
Friday - Super Smash Brothers 64
Saturday - Super Smash Brothers Melee
Sunday - Super Smash Brothers Brawl

*Another thing. Please don't come to the bi-weekly expecting to only just play friendlies. This is a tournament, not a smashfest. Please don't make me ask you to leave, because I will. You will be wasting my time and space in my small basement. *

Dates:
1. Chu FINAL Bi-Weekly: August 1st, 2nd, 3rd

Time: Everyone may arrive after 11 am. Don't arrive earlier, I'm sleeping =Pz. Teams start @ 12 PM. From there, the tournament will run accordingly. I have had many people show up one hour late, which is unacceptable. Arrive on time or save me the time and don't show. I understand **** happens, so Call me if something comes up and I will delay the tournament. Contact Information is at the bottom of this post.

Housing: I will be having my friends house people for all three days if needed. PM me If you need housing so that I can make a list of you guys and put you guys somewhere accordingly.

People that need housing list:
1. Deleware - 5 people
2. Midwest - 1 - ?? people
3. NJ - 3 - ?? people
4. PA - ??
5. SoVa - 4-5 people
6. NC - ??
7. Hey-its-Yo
Anyone else, let me know.

TORPEDO BALL: Yes, there will be Torpedo Ball at this event!

If you don't don't know what it is, type in "Carpet Ball" in google. It's fast paced and mad fun =)

Prices:
Electricity fee: 2$ per day or 5$ all weekend.
Friday
SSB 64 Teams: 5$ (per person)
SSB 64 Singles: 5$
Saturday
SSBM Teams: 5$
SSBM Singles: 5$
Sunday
SSBB Teams: 5$
SSBB Singles: 5$

CREWS:
SSB64: 3-4 People 12 Stock Total 2$ Each person
SSBM: 4-5 People 20 Stock Total 5$ Each person
SSBB: 3-4 People 15 Stock Total 5$ Each person
Torpedo Ball: 3-4 People 2$ Each person

If anyone has any say on the total amount of people and stock allowed for each event, let me know. I just did a general idea of it and it looks pretty good.

Food: I will be selling food for this event so people won't have to run out to get it. Imagine kinda like a MELEE FC =).
Friday SSB64 - Pizza (Price not determined yet)
Saturday SSBM - Special ChuDat Chili!: 2$
Sunday SSBB - Barbequed HotDogs: 1$
Sodas will be 50 cents each
*Food may be changed

Place:
3312 Dauphine dr.
Falls Church VA, 22042
(Not too far off I-495 beltway Exit 50 towards Arlington If coming from up North, or Exit 48 towards Annandale if coming from South.)

Rules : Standard Rules for each tournament + ChuDatz Rulez (Just ask me during the tournament if you have any questions). Best of three matches, Double Elimination for all tournaments.

Singles-
1. 65%
2. 25%
3. 10%

Doubles-
1. 70%
2. 20%
3. 10% or Money back. (Varies depending on the # that shows)

Contact Information:
Myspace - www.myspace.com/chudat (Don't friend request me, I only add people I know personally)
Facebook - Seach for "ChuDat"
E-Mail - Chudatzz@yahoo.com
AIM - ChuDat87
Cell Phone # - 703-989-8795

----------------------------------

*Set-ups such as TV'S, Games, systems, and Memory card are needed for tournament efficiency*

MarioReincarnate

Smash Journeyman
wait the 64 part starts 11am on friday? that sucks, won't a lot of people have work? I will...

WACK

Sensei

Smash Lord
I'll talk to chudatz about the time for ssb on Friday. MarioReincarnate, so you go to UVA? You would be able to go if it was in the evening or something?

I'm going to carpool there, BHLMRO. If you are on the way or nearby let me know.

RobTurv

Smash Cadet
would it be possible to hold the SSB64 Saturday so that anyone who is working or going to class could go? I would imagine the 64 and Melee tournaments could fit in one day if 64 is started early.

MarioReincarnate

Smash Journeyman
I'll talk to chudatz about the time for ssb on Friday. MarioReincarnate, so you go to UVA? You would be able to go if it was in the evening or something?
I'm moving to NYC tomorrow (finally) so I wouldn't be able to make it down to the DC area until at the earliest 10pm on Friday... so I'm gonna miss out. No big deal though, just make sure there are vids of the matches, finals at least :)

Sensei

Smash Lord
would it be possible to hold the SSB64 Saturday so that anyone who is working or going to class could go? I would imagine the 64 and Melee tournaments could fit in one day if 64 is started early.
It is kinda difficult because there are limited setups and room since its being held in chudatz house. If you are working on Friday, just call out. You have at least 2 weeks notice to give to your boss. Most people do not have school this time of year, if you have class, skipping one day won't kill ya.

Also, chudat told me that the teams tournament will start around 1ish and singles wont start until like 4-5pm. We want to get this done early so we can go out and eat and stuff.

I'm moving to NYC tomorrow (finally) so I wouldn't be able to make it down to the DC area until at the earliest 10pm on Friday... so I'm gonna miss out. No big deal though, just make sure there are vids of the matches, finals at least :)
Thats too bad. I was looking forward to playing you.

MarioReincarnate

Smash Journeyman
Thats too bad. I was looking forward to playing you.
I'm sure you will soon... you're still in NJ right? Maybe KSO will have another tourny at his house soon (hint hint)... I mean since I'll be in NYC (Manhattan, btw killa lol) I'll be able to go to stuff in Jersey or have a few people over to my small *** apartment.

By Tuesday I'll have internet that won't lag finally... dunno if you play online or not.

Who are you going to this tourny with?

killa k

Smash Ace
oooo manhattan. i live in brooklyn. theres tournaments in nyc in manhattan every week (ya weekly lol). they need sum 64 fun added to em O.o. (ps. not tryin to host another tourney. if it looks that way srry ;_;.)

Top Bottom